A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript disturbance in the force - SSMT

Posted: Oct 05, 2011

I have been through this several times before and I know the signs.  Work levels start to drop inexplicably for prolonged periods.  People get fired for specious reasons, the petty harrassment starts, another way to lessen your workforce before... what?  I feel something really, really bad coming our way, either offshoring, VR and cut in wages, getting sold, or all three.  It is no more business as usual here, something is up, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  Been here years now and it's never been quite like this. 

Disturbance - in the force

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you certain it was a firing or was that person fed-up? It's possible they were fed-up and walked. I doubt it was specious unless you received an explanation from the supervisor who did the firing. SS doesn't seem to even try a little to make correct and logical decisions. I would say it's business as usual the SS way...

Pretty much yeah - Nik

[ In Reply To ..]
It's been this way for nearly a year. Possibly they've lost another account, but other than that, yeah, business as usual at SS. They do seem to be nitpicking the MTs more lately about sending reports to QA, but that too is business as usual as it's meant to distract us from what's really going on, possibly a major account loss.

SS Disturbance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at SS, I really don't have any idea what everyone is talking about. The only thing I have noticed in the last few weeks is being out of work for very short periods of time almost daily which was never the case before. I don't know about anyone leaving, etc. I feel it is just overhiring even though they say they are not. If someone knows more, please let me know. I don't feel any nitpicking either.
overhiring - exSS
[ In Reply To ..]
of course they are overhiring. they have a job posting on MTJobs every single Friday. had one on 09/23, one on 09/30. go back and look at the jobs and they are always HIRING. I had to finally give up. so glad I don't have to be in that cesspool anymore.
overhiring - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I am very well aware they are overhiring. I am not a newbie and not stupid, your smart answer was uncalled for that was just my opinion, to each his own. Glad your gone more work for me.
overhiring - exSS
[ In Reply To ..]
It wasn't a smart answer, it was just the truth. grow some thicker skin.
Soft Script - TarredMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at Soft Script and I thought honestly it was worse than Nuance. I had to keep calling to get my training etc. I was trained on probably 3 different accts in 3 weeks, taken from a good one to a crummy one with poor ortho dictators. Then SS wants to judge by how much you send to QA? No mention of a bonus was ever made to me. I was able to work longer at Nuance than SS, although I did make a little more at SS but I found it very disorganized and very uncaring. We also got some real demeaning e-mails from time to time. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they wind up selling off or that something is about to happen with SS. I am glad not to be there anymore.
Overhiring - Honeypig
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for posting, all of you--I'm an MT for a large Midwest health care system. Gradually our facilities are going to Epic as their EMR and we're losing a lot of work (what was left of it after getting eScription VR 5 years ago....). I have been applying to some services to see what's out there, and SS replied promptly to my application and testing, wants to interview end of this week/start of next. I've been looking thru the archives here and most of what I'm finding is old, so it's hard to know if it still applies or not. However, from reading the few newer postings I find, like this one, it still doesn't sound like a great place to work....any further details anyone can offer are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to email me if you like. Thanks again!

Similar Messages:

S/l RN Behavioral Disturbance
Jun 11, 2013

a neurology consult patient with Parkinson's disease. s/l  "RN" behavioral disturbance.     ...

Task Force, Inc.
Jun 03, 2010

has anyone heard of this company?  I searched for it but came up with nothing. ...

So About That MT Task Force
Mar 27, 2013

I have not heard it mentioned in a very long time. ...

Work Force
Apr 09, 2013

Indian MTs are being started at $40/week which is not a living wage even in India.  At that rate, MM can go through many layers of QA in India and still spend much less than they would using Americans.  They will replace as many US MTs as they possibly can, keeping Americans only if requested by the client.  They will find any excuse they can to do this.  The only hope is if clients are dissatisfied with the quality of the work and take steps to correct it.  There have b ...

MT Force...any Info.?
Jul 06, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the above company? Are they for real or is it a scam? Thanks. ...

WMX Reduction In Force Employees
Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky. Best of luck to you (and the rest of us). ...

30 Force Elevator? Dental Procedure. Nm
Dec 11, 2009

.... ...

Reduction In Force Letter From Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me. ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Ok, I Will Ask: Medical Transcription Force Services
Sep 27, 2012

Dear Alice, You are aware that you are not, in fact, the owner of the platforms as mentioned in your ad, right?  We are not that naive "MT Force Communications, which owns our well-known and widely-used platforms, eScription, Dictaphone Enterprise Speech System and Beyond TXT." ...

Does Anyone Know How To Force Email To NOT Go To Web Messaging Lite?
Nov 25, 2014

SO annoying.  I can only view my email in lite mode.  ...

Article About MM Building Up Work Force In India
Oct 25, 2014

I read a post here referencing an article about MM building a new facility and hiring hundreds of Indian nationals by the end of this year.  Could someone please send me that link or article so I can print it for the unemployment office so I can apply for retraining?  or at least look into retraining?  THANKS ...

Looking For Ortho Help On Counterforce Brace Versus Count'R-Force
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

EGD Question. Biopsies Were Taken From The Prominent S/l "force" Of The Body Of The Stoma
Jan 21, 2011

x ...

Word Clearly Sounds Like "E Force." See Message....
Jul 01, 2013

This doctor clearly dictates the word, E force, but I can't document it anywhere.  He dictates it in the following sentences.  (1)  "He has no neurocognitive slowing.  E force consistent with medication compliance with the Xanax 0.5 mg b.i.d."  (2)  "He has a clear sensorium.  E force is checked." Thank you very much for your help.    ...

They Force Everyone To Work Their Holiday, And Then There's No Work Today.
May 29, 2012

x ...

IC For Softscript?
Feb 27, 2010

Has anyone ever been an IC for softscript?  I ask because I read the complaints that employees had, that they had to make up sick time and they're not at all flexible with scheduling.  Being an IC would seem to solve that problem.  Also, what sort of line count do they expect? ...

SOFTSCRIPT, Inc.
Apr 29, 2010

What can you tell me about a company called Softscript out of California?  Thanks. ...

Job With SoftScript
Oct 29, 2010

Does anyone know if SoftScript is a good company to work for?  ...

Anyone Here Went From MQ To Softscript?
Dec 01, 2010

I've been with MQ forever but just can't stand it anymore with all their changes and micromanaging.  I'm considering Softscript, but don't know anything about their platform.  Anyone here quit MQ to work at Softscript?  ...

SoftScript Pay?
Dec 08, 2010

How long after end of pay period does Softscript usually pay?  I'm fairly new and trying to adjust!  It's the 8th and end of November pay hasn't posted yet - is it just me since I'm new?  Whenever it is, it's okay - I'm not complaining - I'm just wondering so I can budget accordingly!  I wasn't told anything about this at training or hiring and knew some helpful follks on here could help!  ...

Oh Me Oh My Softscript
Apr 16, 2011

such a shame since somebody there had the good sense to hire PMs who demonstrate a certain degree of competence that the executive leadership does not so very sad stay tuned ...

SoftScript At It Again
Aug 10, 2011

I work on MULTIPLE accounts and had about 10 jobs so far today.  and they have job posting on MTjobs.  Hiring for transcriptionists and advertising plenty of work.  ...

I Am Not A Fan Of Softscript,but
Oct 20, 2011

But, they have an ad on MTjob board that is just hilarious and funny.  They have a picture of a dog sitting on a lap top computer working and underneath the caption it says are you tired of your employer treating you like a dog.  The dog even have on glasses.  I am stiill laughing. ...

Softscript Really Bad?
Nov 28, 2011

Just finished their testing.  Have read the archives of 2011 on them.  Does not sound like a company I want to work for.  Are they employee status or IC?   Any current SS employees out there? ...

Anyone Have Anything To Say About Softscript?
Jan 31, 2012

anyone have anything to say about softscript?...have an interview with them next week... ...

Softscript? To Be...or Not To Be?
May 30, 2012

Anyone have anything to say about Softscript?  The good, the bad, the ugly. :)  Whatever you got, I'd like to hear it.  Pay on time, good people to work for, what is the pay, etc.  You know, all that good stuff.  Thanks! :) ...

Softscript.
Jun 26, 2012

I have noticed a significant decline in my line count with Softscript ever since their blooper that happened on MT week.  I dont really understand how that has affected my line count so much but I used to type 23 jobs and get about 1000 lines.  Now I type 23 jobs on the same accounts and get 700 lines.  Something is wrong with this picture.  I am looking for another job, I just feel like I'm wasting my time. ...

What's With SoftScript?
Aug 16, 2012

I noticed that every now and then that SoftScript advertises on the MT Job board for a pathology transcriptionist.  I tried applying for that job once, but they said that they wanted "recent" experience and the last time I did pathology was in 2001.  And yet, they keep advertising for that position.  What's up with them?  Can't they hold on to any help?  On the surface, it looks like they have a high turn-over rate with that position.  Am I missing somethi ...