A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho: I dressed his finger with some Xeroform and s/l fora-force and put him back in the splint - anon

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-)

4 x 4s ?? nm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

LOL, now I feel stupid. yep, thats what it was. Thanks! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks!

Been there... : ) - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
`

Similar Messages:

Ortho Help - Splint Name
Dec 22, 2009

Patient had a midshaft clavicle fracture and was placed into an 's/l  aloe-fin-air' splint.  He is very clear, but his mind is not on his dictation..... Thanks for taking the time to look! ...

Looking For Ortho Help On Counterforce Brace Versus Count'R-Force
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

2 Finger Upper Extremity Support? Ortho
Jul 21, 2012

Patient did use 2 finger upper extremity support but showed good control. This indicates normal eccentric strength for descending stairs. This is for knee pain. Has anyone heard of this before? ...

I Have A Sore Finger! The Skin On My Index Finger Was Dry And Split And Now It Hurts When I Type!
Oct 13, 2009

Any suggestions?  It's really annoying makes typing difficult and I definitely cannot type with a band-aid on my finger.  I'm one of those finicky MTs who takes forever to find a comfortable height of my chair, distance from the keyboard, height of my monitor, etc.  And absolutely nothing on my wrists and hands!  No rings, watches, bracelets, band-aids! I was considering putting super glue in the split, but then chickened out. ...

S/l Buck Offer Splint Or Buccalter Splint
Nov 25, 2009

. ...

Stack Splint Or Stax Splint?
Mar 23, 2010

Patient is in a Stack/Stax splint for a distal phalanx fracture. I find both splints in my ortho book, and it seems as though both could be used for fingers..? Anyone know a difference or the more commonly used one? ...

Foot Splint S/l Dial Splint
May 16, 2011

This is a patient with 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint pain and very limited range of motion.  This is a clip of the file.  The _____ sounds like "Dial".  I have no idea what splint she is referring to.  Help!!!! We discussed her orthotic devices and they were given to her today after the adjustment.  We also discussed further adjustments including extension out to the 1rst metatarsophalangeal joint.  However, the patient wants to wait at this time.  I discusse ...

Ortho MT Needed Immediately Post-Anyone Hear Back?
Oct 28, 2010

I sent my resume for this position.  I am just curious who else did, and if you heard back from the person who placed the ad.  Thanks! :) ...

S/l Line Of The Finger Or Lamina Finger?
Oct 19, 2009

The line of the finger is great. Motion is satisfactory. Strength is limited. ...

Do You Get Dressed For Your Day At Home Working?
Jan 22, 2010

For years, I NEVER got dressed.  Worked in sweats, pulled my hair back and that was it.  For the past six months or so, I get completely dressed, put on makeup, and for some reason, I feel A LOT better now and enjoy my work more!  That sounds crazy, I agree, but ws wondering how many get dressed to start their day and how many roll out of bed and into the computer chair.  Oh, but I am NOT able to wear shoes though, lol, I can't seem to work my foot pedal with them on:) ...

Experience working For Opti-Script?
Aug 02, 2012

Does anyone have any experience working for Opti-Script?  Thinking of applying. Thanks! ...

Is It 1 Finger Dissection Or Blunt Finger Dissection?
Dec 17, 2010

It sounds like he is saying "1 finger dissection" or could this be blunt finger dissection? ...

"dys*something*" During Finger-to-finger Touching
Jun 06, 2011

This is a physical therapy evaluation.  The audio goes out so all I can hear is the first syllable "dys": "The patient has no dys*something* during finger-to-finger touching." I am totally drawing a blank.  What could this be?  Thanks! ...

Task Force, Inc.
Jun 03, 2010

has anyone heard of this company?  I searched for it but came up with nothing. ...

So About That MT Task Force
Mar 27, 2013

I have not heard it mentioned in a very long time. ...

Work Force
Apr 09, 2013

Indian MTs are being started at $40/week which is not a living wage even in India.  At that rate, MM can go through many layers of QA in India and still spend much less than they would using Americans.  They will replace as many US MTs as they possibly can, keeping Americans only if requested by the client.  They will find any excuse they can to do this.  The only hope is if clients are dissatisfied with the quality of the work and take steps to correct it.  There have b ...

MT Force...any Info.?
Jul 06, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the above company? Are they for real or is it a scam? Thanks. ...

WMX Reduction In Force Employees
Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky. Best of luck to you (and the rest of us). ...

SoftScript Disturbance In The Force
Oct 05, 2011

I have been through this several times before and I know the signs.  Work levels start to drop inexplicably for prolonged periods.  People get fired for specious reasons, the petty harrassment starts, another way to lessen your workforce before... what?  I feel something really, really bad coming our way, either offshoring, VR and cut in wages, getting sold, or all three.  It is no more business as usual here, something is up, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  Be ...

30 Force Elevator? Dental Procedure. Nm
Dec 11, 2009

.... ...

Reduction In Force Letter From Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me. ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Ok, I Will Ask: Medical Transcription Force Services
Sep 27, 2012

Dear Alice, You are aware that you are not, in fact, the owner of the platforms as mentioned in your ad, right?  We are not that naive "MT Force Communications, which owns our well-known and widely-used platforms, eScription, Dictaphone Enterprise Speech System and Beyond TXT." ...

Does Anyone Know How To Force Email To NOT Go To Web Messaging Lite?
Nov 25, 2014

SO annoying.  I can only view my email in lite mode.  ...

Article About MM Building Up Work Force In India
Oct 25, 2014

I read a post here referencing an article about MM building a new facility and hiring hundreds of Indian nationals by the end of this year.  Could someone please send me that link or article so I can print it for the unemployment office so I can apply for retraining?  or at least look into retraining?  THANKS ...

OCL Splint
May 21, 2010

Is there an expansion for this type of splint?  Cannot find anything other than reference to it being a plaster type splint.  TIA.  ...

U&L Or UNL Splint
Jun 18, 2011

Is it UNL or U&L splint? ...

Splint
Dec 12, 2010

The patient does have dressings dry and intact to the lower extremity and s/l lahnad splints in the place to the right lower extremity. ...

S/l Ashurnal Splint
Sep 01, 2010

obvious nasal fracture and reposition it in the midline. It was still bent a little bitto the left side, even with this maneuver. He also has a small dorsal bump. An ashurnal splint was placed.   could it be external or internal? ...