A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Reduction in Force letter from Webmedx - terminatedmt

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me.

I'm so sorry. What a crappy way for them to tell you. - ex-webber by choice

[ In Reply To ..]
I cried every day I worked there and was so glad to leave, but I left by choice and had another job when I left.

May I ask how long you have been with Wmx? - sorry this happened to U

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you one of the Chartmatrix people whose accounts went to the Q? Sorry I keep asking questions, just trying to wrap my head around why people are getting treated this way - and wondering if I'm next.

not CM - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Sent you an e-mail.

notice - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I am so sorry for you.

May I ask if you were only doing some specialty work of some kind? They didn't offer you another account?

Right now my accounts are on OT, but this makes me nervous. It could happen to any of us anytime.

Good luck. Hope you land on your feet.
Sent you an e-mail. - memt2
[ In Reply To ..]
Sent you an e-mail
Sent you an e-mail too. I am so sorry both that - Gardener at Webmedx
[ In Reply To ..]
this happened at all and about the crummy way it's done these days. Just reading your post is a shock. Best wishes, and I hope you love your next job.

I'm really sorry and hope you find something soon. Did they word - your termination as

[ In Reply To ..]
If so, you should be eligible for unemployment right away.

Yes - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, reduction in force, I know it happens often in this business but I just felt blindsided!

You are in MT or QA or both? - K

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so sorry. I hope you find something very soon.

MT - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am a nervous wreck now. sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you give any more info? Any idea how many people are affected? You can write me if you're more comfortable with that. I am a wreck now.

Reduction in Force - WebmedxQAtoo

[ In Reply To ..]
I got the reduction in force letter too. Pure b.s. Nice company. Now what... no idea who I'm going to go work for. I am QA and was getting paid hourly. I have 2 little girls under the age of 6 to feed.

You too?! With small children, I guess you - Gardener at Webmedx

[ In Reply To ..]
can't just grab a bottle of wine and head for a friend's house, or your favorite easy chair. Best wishes to you also in finding a new job you like even better.

sent you an email - memt2

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I got the letter too - cannedQA

[ In Reply To ..]
Love that notification!! Have been working overtime or asked to work overtime since January and now all of the sudden today there is not enough work for me and my services are no longer required.
Curious about "C" account - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Did they lose the account you were on? No one was offered alternative positions? Were you FT/PT? Just looking for some rhyme or reason to this.

So sorry for you all.
C - OOPS - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Oops, did not read all posts. It wasn't Chartmatrix, but Enterprise side account.

No offers - memt2
[ In Reply To ..]
Was not offered another account (have worked on others), full time. My understanding is the account is gone and what is currently being transcribed is the end. Shut out of everything I assume so we would not talk to other MTs.
no explanation - cannedQA
[ In Reply To ..]
They did not offer an explanation - just said "due to a cessation of a material portion of our business which is transcribed on the Enterprise platform, we do not have work available for you."
That sounds like an explanation to me... - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
not enough of one - cannedQA
[ In Reply To ..]
saying there is not enough work for me when they have been asking everyone for overtime all along - including yesterday makes no sense whatsoever.
1st of the month - sounds like a contract change
[ In Reply To ..]
Sounds like they lost a contract and you were asked to pull OT to clean up what was left so when the account went elsewhere 9/1 (today) everything was covered.

Pay attention to see if they advertise for workers anytime soon. Legally, if they have people on UE, they are supposed to offer those people jobs before they can hire someone else.

Print letter & apply for unemployment right now. nm - webba

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Also now, send a copy of one's expander - Gardener

[ In Reply To ..]
dictionaries to a personal computer, especially if one has been storing them with the company. Also of any e-mails that could be used as recommendations. I just did.

Webmedx reduction in force - Scared webber

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so sorry. I am worried about this every day. I have been told people were leaving and there would be more work, but I had not been told people were being terminated. It is scary now. I used to feel secure with this company. Back-stabbing SOBs. How could this company who touts its reputation as #1 be so curt and rude as to not even give you a phone call. I'm still hanging in there but with little confidence. Good luck. I hope you can find someone who treats you with respect.

Agree, for sure a personal call is owed, but attorneys - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
tend to advise their clients to avoid personal contact to avoid someone saying something compromising, or claims that this occurred. Their advice is completely amoral, of course, preaching morality not being their job, and it's completely up to each company to decide how it wishes to behave. After some decades, I'm still waiting for the wheel to turn back to a higher standard.

I got one too today - former Webmedxer

[ In Reply To ..]
Been there a long time, too. The only thing I figure is that they are getting rid of the people who have been there a long time as they are probably getting paid more; i.e., minumum wage instead of less than minimum wage which the newbies are probably getting, so out with the old and in with the new. So much for loyalty, "remarkable results" and "AHDI company of the year". Excuse me while I hurl.

How it was done - memt2formerwebbie

[ In Reply To ..]
Not true, I have only been there since January - what really irks me the most is how it was done, log on, work a while and get an e-mail that I am officially finished, after busting my rear for the last 2 weeks with overtime, including yesterday.I have done this long enough to know that acounts come and go but there was no professionalism to this at all, if this is what the #1 company does, I can only imagine what happens at others, maybe a dead bird in the mail?

I got one too -- how unprofessional - jahmon

[ In Reply To ..]
I got one too, contacted HR for questions, but not no answer. My STM has not returned phone calls either. Yes, I busted my but the last month with OT too. Have been with them just under a year. Cannot believe how they treated us!

terminated webmedxer - jahmon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so mad right now I could spit nails. They had to know this was coming. I just wonder how many of us they let go.
Sadly, this is how lay-offs work - it is business to them
[ In Reply To ..]
Lay-offs are rarely done with a hug and a kiss. Many people find out when they get their paycheck on a Friday and find a note inside saying, please don't come back on Monday.

Lay-offs generally don't come with a heads-up either. You work like crazy, then CLUNK you're done.

It stinks. It really does, especially stinks if you're one who was laid off. But lay-off is a business decision on their part and it's not a personal decision or vendetta against any of you.

In 30 years, this is the first time I've ever seen so many MTs being done away with w/o being offered other positions. Heart goes out to you who are reeling.
I would LOVE to see all MTSO slime get "laid off" by - all of their accounts, and the work go back -sm
[ In Reply To ..]
to the hospitals, clinics, and doctors' offices, where it belongs. A person's private medical records simply do NOT belong in the hands of such greedy lowlife middlemen. They do NOT deserve being transcribed by the lowest-bidder 3rd World country that middleman ends up sending it to.

How about a burning cross on the front lawn, - or maybe a swastika on the front door? /sm/

[ In Reply To ..]
That would sure be the AHDI style, wouldn't it?

Condolences, Former. - Anon.

[ In Reply To ..]
Earning minimum wage at least offers good potential for increased earnings in future. This may be a blessing for you.

thanks, Anon - former Webmedxer

[ In Reply To ..]
After working for them for about 5 years, and after them cutting my pay by about 40% with ASR work, I've ended up making minimum wage, and I believe the new people will probably make less and I think that's why they got rid of the people making the "big bucks" like us. They're a bunch of snakes that don't give one crap about people's lives.

These layoffs do not make sense, or how they've been done. - I wonder if a sale is in the works. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Didnt rumor have it Transcend was looking for a company to buy - After losing Spheris to MQ?

[ In Reply To ..]
If you're on the right track about a sale, my first thought would be that Transcend might be involved. Of course, a sale might be way off base but I was at MDI when that sale took place so I'm ALWAYS suspicious now...

My sympathies to those who were terminated and best wishes to those who are (so far) spared.

Webmedx work reduction - Yikes

[ In Reply To ..]
l saw this and scanned for prior emails. I am getting worried as well. I am so sorry for you and what a terrible thing they have done with no explanation.

How (not just why) did they do this? - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Was it everyone on the same account, only the new hires on that account? Or did they just randomly pick a percentage of people?

how they did this? - cannedQA

[ In Reply To ..]
No idea how they decided who was to be let go and who was not. Obviously not new hires - I was there 12 days shy of 4 years. Heard rumor they have lost the St. Rose account on Enterprise.
I hope they did - I HATE St. Rose - Nobody keeps them long
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been with 3 different MTSOs that tried to keep this spoiled baby account happy. It isn't possible. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
I sure hope Acusis doesnt get St. Rose. They - have enough spoiled Prima Donnas as it is.
[ In Reply To ..]
There's one account that soon, I'm sure, will want us to make their coffee in the morning and clean their houses for them. All included in the cpl rate, of course!
went to MQ - terminated webber
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
St. Rose and MQ Deserve Each Other - Match Made in He**
[ In Reply To ..]
They are so right for each other. Neither is every happy, so what a perfect fit! LOL!!!
lay off - Sheryl
[ In Reply To ..]
Former employee by choice.
Even if they just lost St. Rose account they should have other accounts to work on. Just like they did us when Chandler was going to go to all in house and then several months later we had lots of work to do again. Wasn't it just recently they were really hiring?

lost account - terminatedwebber

[ In Reply To ..]
The information I received, which was from a friend of mine who works at another company, is that her company has the account as of today and WM only has whatever is still on the system. Don't know if they are letting everyone go or moving people around, there were a lot of people on the account and not sure they would have work for all of them. My guess is that when the work is transcribed more letters will be going out. Not to scare anyone but this was a big account out of Las Vegas. Just copy anything you need from your files if you get a letter because you will lose access to everything almost instantaneously. Very unprofessional, no explanations, no offer of other accounts, just an e-mail goodbye.

questions - jahmon

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked on this large account for almost a year and got my reduction e-mail today. I have tried to reach my manager all day, but she is not returning calls.
so true - terminatedwebber
[ In Reply To ..]
Called and left messages with mine but no response at all, again very unprofessional, could at least say she is sorry, but it may have also affected her, just never know.
It wouldn't be her fault - they have to do whatever sm - QuidditchFan
[ In Reply To ..]
the big bosses tell them to do.
not blaming her - terminatedwebber
[ In Reply To ..]
Not blaming her, just venting.

If you are a current employee you should listen to - the company update on community page

[ In Reply To ..]
explains more about layoffs, etc.

Unfortunately - terminatedwebber

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately that doesn't help the ones who got the pink slips

Layoffs - Petrified

[ In Reply To ..]
I am looking but see no company update...Where on the community page?

Home page at the top - Webber

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

what does it say - cannot access it. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Number of people laid off small, due to loss of large SM - webba

[ In Reply To ..]
account - I can't remember if it's 1 or 2 accounts. Those people will be first to be called back when they have replaced the business. The rest was filler about global competition, blah blah, we need quality to differentiate ourselves, blah blah.

Those who were laid off need to keep an eye out to make sure they don't attempt to hire any more people until you are back.

One item popped out at me and it was that the CM MTs average lph on ISR is only 50% more, not the huge numbers they claimed in the beginning.

Also, look for Enterprise to get up to 75% ISR work when all is said and done.
loss of accounts - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It's 10 or 12 hospitals. I have seen at least 8 go in the last month.
I'm not talking about CM accts, they knew those were sm - helper
[ In Reply To ..]
going last year. I am speaking about and they addressed in the meeting Enterprise only.
They said 2 accounts, and as 1st of the Month - Anon.
[ In Reply To ..]
said above, this is a time when contract changes typically go into effect. They also said they were significantly underbid by the largest MTSO.

I didn't find the rest of the announcements all filler. Specifically, a renewed focus on high quality should be of real interest to all production-pay workers.

I've been wondering lately about some reports in patient records that remind me of such statements on this forum as, "They're not paying me to do a good job." It sounds like whatever slack developed with all the various changes is going to be winched right back out as they position Webmedx for the upper end of the quality market, hopefully where low-wage companies can't compete quite so well. If this is the case, it suits me fine as that's always been the type of company I've been drawn to.

In the meantime, fingers crossed for more new accounts and no more layoffs.
You do realize, of course... SM - snowflake
[ In Reply To ..]
You do realize that "more accounts" for you at WMX means another company has to lose accounts -- and another company's MTs will be laid off.

It's a vicious cycle. There are more quality MTs out there than there is available work. :-(

You said it, sister. The market is rough out there. - Rogue Sally
[ In Reply To ..]
Lesson to all of us, stay sharp on our VR editing skills. Be willing to do any account. Be flexible in our schedules and committed to our production. There are a lot of great, qualified people in the unemployment line.
lay offs - Sheryl
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe MTs should form a union to stop some of the nonsense that is going on. I used to make 9 and 10 cents a line, now they try to cut us down to 4 or 5 if they can get by with it. Maybe if everyone found a different profession it might turn the table in our favor instead of theirs. If they don't have any workers maybe they will realize how valuable we are to them.
Too late -- :-( sm - snobird
[ In Reply To ..]
Too late for a union.

I'll take an UNeducated guess that at least HALF of the work has already gone to the other side of the world at 3 cpl. There will ALWAYS be workers for this *cough-cough* profession. WE are not *valuable* to MTSOs but simply another outrageous expense.
Available work wouldnt be a problem if these jokers - didnt offshore most of it! Bring it back! nm
[ In Reply To ..]
><
thanks for making us feel better - not! - anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
You make it sound like all the people that got laid off today produced low quality work and now that we are gone the company can go about assuring quality reports are sent out. QUANTITIY is management's priority - always was and always will be.
actually, that's how layoffs work... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
When a company in this industry has to make sizeable layoffs, the first to go will likely be those not consistently meeting quality.
Not quality or quantity - terminatedwebber
[ In Reply To ..]

Quality had nothing to do with it, I always had above average, 98-99+, was never approached by anyone about my quality and production over 250 and I got pushed out the door. I don't think anyone can figure out how they decided who went, high producer, low producer, good quality or bad, here for a short time or long timers, only the higher ups know and they definitely will never tell. Just beware, it is almost guaranteed with that big an account gone, there will be more and if not, a lot less work for everyone, get ready to flex big time. I know this is how lay offs happen but the company is supposed to have some integrity, but maybe they have the wrong definition of that word?
I wholeheartedly agree with you. Excellent points. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I don't know what their definition of "small" is, but - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard of MANY who have been laid off. It started last week and is extending into next week even.

Remarkably ordinary, Webmedx. Nice job.
How in the world do you know it "is extending into next week even" ? - Do you have a crystal ball? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Don't need one - terminated webber
[ In Reply To ..]
Don't need a crystal ball, St. Rose was a huge account, do you really think they can put most of those people on other accounts, there were over 700 jobs to be transcribed when I got my pink slip and once those are gone, you can almost expect more slips to go out. And to address the poster above, it was not low productivity, poor quality only that got laid off. For the last few months my ISR has been over 300 lph and my transcription was in the same area and I never was approached by anyone about my quality, so that was not the determining factor in who was let go. It disgusts me how it was done but I will find another position and will not look back and will never believe anything again that a company tells me.
Because I'm in touch with (sm) - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
one who is here until next Monday. I still work for the company. No crystal ball here. I'm not understanding your hostility. This is a time to pull together.

Similar Messages:

WMX Reduction In Force Employees
Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky. Best of luck to you (and the rest of us). ...

MS WORD HELP. Will Not Begin Sentence With First Letter In All Caps Anymore, Also The Letter "
Dec 20, 2009

A few weeks ago, for no reason that I can find, I cannot get the first letter of a sentence to be in all caps automatically, (unless I do it manually.)  The same for the letter " I " by itself when typed.   It was always automatic and now all of a sudden it is doing this and I cannot figure out how to change it back. Has anybody else had this problem, if so, how did you fix it? Thanks, appreciate the help ...

Task Force, Inc.
Jun 03, 2010

has anyone heard of this company?  I searched for it but came up with nothing. ...

So About That MT Task Force
Mar 27, 2013

I have not heard it mentioned in a very long time. ...

Work Force
Apr 09, 2013

Indian MTs are being started at $40/week which is not a living wage even in India.  At that rate, MM can go through many layers of QA in India and still spend much less than they would using Americans.  They will replace as many US MTs as they possibly can, keeping Americans only if requested by the client.  They will find any excuse they can to do this.  The only hope is if clients are dissatisfied with the quality of the work and take steps to correct it.  There have b ...

MT Force...any Info.?
Jul 06, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the above company? Are they for real or is it a scam? Thanks. ...

SoftScript Disturbance In The Force
Oct 05, 2011

I have been through this several times before and I know the signs.  Work levels start to drop inexplicably for prolonged periods.  People get fired for specious reasons, the petty harrassment starts, another way to lessen your workforce before... what?  I feel something really, really bad coming our way, either offshoring, VR and cut in wages, getting sold, or all three.  It is no more business as usual here, something is up, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  Be ...

Ridiculous Reduction In Pay
Jul 28, 2010

As with most of you, my pay from Medquist has taken a total nose dive ever since ASR went to 85% while at the same time cutting our transcription rate down for ASR from 70% to 60%.  That's a 40% pay cut!!!  I've had to take another job elsewhere to try to make ends meet.  Besides that, our health benefits are the absolute worst and get worse every year.  Can anyone ever remember any kind of cost of living raise?   I used to make $36,000 annu ...

Reduction Mammoplasty
Dec 05, 2011

Pt is being evaluated for reduction mammoplasty.  Dictated:   My concern is her s/l weight type ratio. Is weight type correct?  Cannot totally understand him. ...

30 Force Elevator? Dental Procedure. Nm
Dec 11, 2009

.... ...

When They Demand & Threaten To Force You To Work OT,
Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children... ...

Ok, I Will Ask: Medical Transcription Force Services
Sep 27, 2012

Dear Alice, You are aware that you are not, in fact, the owner of the platforms as mentioned in your ad, right?  We are not that naive "MT Force Communications, which owns our well-known and widely-used platforms, eScription, Dictaphone Enterprise Speech System and Beyond TXT." ...

Does Anyone Know How To Force Email To NOT Go To Web Messaging Lite?
Nov 25, 2014

SO annoying.  I can only view my email in lite mode.  ...

QA Line Rate Reduction
Apr 26, 2010

Why is it that we receive a reduced line rate when the blanks cannot be filled in by QA either? I've checked my feedback and most of the QA markers I left were also left blank by the QA person. So those reports should not count against us. How am I supposed to know what QA can hear or what they know? ...

Need To Know - Line Rate Reduction
Jun 21, 2013

I have worked for the same company since 2010.  I received a phone call today that my primary account has demanded a "flat-rate price reduction" so my pay will also be reduced for my standard transcription line rate to "accomodate the client" and not lose the account.  I do work on a speech rec platform and most of the reports are edited, but I have never had anything like this happen before.  I like my company and the accounts I work on and there is usually plenty of work, but I ...

Workforce Reduction, Yet Still Hiring...
Nov 28, 2013

This has to be related to money...firing those making 9/5, 10/6, 8/4, and hiring at what, 7/3?? If you're a new hire for MM, please share your insights, or better yet, what is your line rate? ...

Pay Reduction For Some Platforms Question
Jan 15, 2015

Seem to remember at one point they were reducing percentage paid on some platforms, there was a lot of hubaloo and then (if I am not mistaken) they went back on this and allowed them to be paid for full lines typed. Is my memory correct? Going by this I wonder if there is a ray of sunshine at the end of this long, long tunnel.  Perhaps they will make further adaptations to this plan as they figure out it isn't workign well.   This HEENT/HENT crap is totally unreal and that ...

Article About MM Building Up Work Force In India
Oct 25, 2014

I read a post here referencing an article about MM building a new facility and hiring hundreds of Indian nationals by the end of this year.  Could someone please send me that link or article so I can print it for the unemployment office so I can apply for retraining?  or at least look into retraining?  THANKS ...

Zygomatic Arch Reduction Operation.
Aug 27, 2010

Dissection began and the facial artery was identified.  This was retracted from the field with a s/l "sons rake" and protected. ...

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction: S/l Chiumella?
Nov 22, 2010

Currently working on an OR for a septoplasty/turinate reduction... The sentence is:  Stay sutures were secured to one another externally below the s/l chiumella. Driving me crazy trying to find out this word!!  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Reduction Mammoplasty, ? Bipedicle Technique
Aug 19, 2012

DIAGNOSIS:  PROCEDURE ON THE LEFT IS LEFT BREAST REDUCTION MAMMOPLASTY, 435 GRAMS, s/l "MIKISIC"  BIPEDICLE TECHNIQUE WITH WISE PATTERN.  MIKISIC ? ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

IMEDX, Question About Reduction In Bonus
Feb 13, 2015

The e-mail I got said it has been reduced to 2 cents above your line rate.  Bonus before was set at line rate and 1/2, which I thought they did because it would be the equivalent to "time and a half," which is, I believe, the law when you are working beyond 40 hours in a week.  If you are working bonus, which is usually the case, above your 40 hours, is it legal for them not to pay the equivalent of time and a half?  ...

Wellness Payroll Premium Reduction
Mar 05, 2015

Does anyone know what kind of reduction you get for filling out the Health Risk Assessment.  Thanks in advance. ...

Looking For Ortho Help On Counterforce Brace Versus Count'R-Force
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Am I Gonna Have A Big Reduction In Pay When My 45 Days Training Is Up? Read On
Jul 13, 2010

I just can't get going fast on these terrible accounts.  I was doing 200 lph ST at my old job and nearly 400 lph VR (on EditScript) and I don't think I will EVER get this fast at MedQuist.  I am really worried that in 2 weeks I will drop down low enough that I either won't get benefits or they will fire me or I will be making minimum wage.    Worried...   Rachel ...

Rebruse Lobster Bone Reduction Clamp?
Aug 10, 2010

as above ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Bilateral Breast Reduction With Lateral Chest Suctioning Via (Tuohmy???) System
Nov 03, 2010

s/l tomb-y or toomy Anyone know?! Thanks. ...

EGD Question. Biopsies Were Taken From The Prominent S/l "force" Of The Body Of The Stoma
Jan 21, 2011

x ...