A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When they demand & threaten to force you to work OT, - sm

Posted: Mar 29, 2012

they can count me out.  When I feel like part of a team & am asked nicely to help when they're backlogged, I'm more than happy to help.  I think the power goes to some of their heads.  We're not children...

I agree - when...

[ In Reply To ..]
When my CCM either calls, or sends a request to help her out due to someone being sick or on vacation, I always say yes. I also appreciate the fact that when I need a day, there are no issues getting a day off. It goes both ways. Help eachother out when needed.

20+ years never been forced - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I'm jinxing myself, but when working for big companies I've NEVER been forced to do overtime or threatened at all. Now when I worked for a smaller one not only were you threatened, but she would withhold work 1-2 weeks after if she was having a "cow" for lack of a better term because you told her no. Maybe I've just lucked out with good managers or maybe it's because my attitude is similar to the above posters's.

You've never had "mandatory OT"? I want your CCM! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Nope never mandatory - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
I've had about 4 different ones and they would LIKE it, but my current one even cautions against messing up your productivity by overdoing the OT.

"Mandatory OT"? WHY? Western region is totally out of work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't get it. The western region lost a huge hospital chain a few weeks ago and since then we've been sitting totally out of work. Why "mandatory OT" when there are entire REGIONS of MTs barely working? I would work Overtime in a HEARTBEAT. Hell, I would love to just get my 40 hours in.

somebody's not telling you straight - Boljcak

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe your account is out of work but the West actually has plenty of work.

The work the western region is doing is "helper pooling" work - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was NJA at least 3 times yesterday afternoon when the helper pooling work ran out. I've seen the manifest, there genuinely isn't any work for the western accounts unless you have access to a level of information I don't have.
Do you look in DoQmanage at the West - accounts?
[ In Reply To ..]
Look to see what the volume is for your accounts in DocQmanage and how many people are working during your shift.

If you dont know all of your accounts, email your CCM and ask her.
None of the western accounts are found on the DM listing - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I do know what the western accounts are. When the accounts aren't found on the DocQManage search manifest that means there is no work available. At the moment, none of the western accounts are found on the list. This, in addition to a morning email from our CCM each day, saying we are extremely low/out of work and that we will be working on various "helper pooling" accounts that day. Sometimes our "helper pooling" accounts are out of work also and we are invited to take the day off. It's been this way for WEEKS.
I would request to be moved to a team that - has work.
[ In Reply To ..]
They are out there because I work on one. Also, MModal is hiring new people it seems, so why not ask to be shifted to one of the accounts they are hiring for.

Similar Messages:

Which Is In More Demand
Apr 13, 2010

I am trying to figure out what type of coding to take.  Which is in more demand?  CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P  or something else?  Thank you ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

We Need To Demand More Pay As A Profession
Aug 06, 2010

Just need to vent. I have been a medical transcriptionist since the late 1980s and I have seen the trend to cut our pay consistently over the years. It look over 20 years for me to gain the experience I have, in most specialities I might add.  It is very disconcerting to have a company offer 7 to 8 cpl with my experience.   Now, with voice recognition (which it seems most of the larger companies out there have), our pays are cut even more so.  I might add, at least for me, ...

They Wouldn't Have To Demand
Oct 02, 2012

they would put people on their strength worktypes and specialities instead of put us on what we are the weakest at and then complain b/c they are constantly out of TAT.  Just amazing to me how we were asked what our strengths and weaknesses were and after that email, I was put on my weakest out of everything.  Perhaps I am the only one to realize that if you were given the work that you are strongest at, you would be able to go through it faster, but not with Nuance, they seem to thin ...

Those Telling You MT Is In Demand
Mar 18, 2013

Please don't listen to those telling you that MT is in demand. Those are either schools. or recruiters who work for MTSOs. I suppose we could twist this to mean that MTs are still needed, but what they don't tell you is that the pay is horrendous these days. That being said, if one still chooses to do it, go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN and remember these posts......   ...

What's The Most Obnoxious Demand You Have Received?
May 21, 2012

One I found irritation was the doctor calling at 11:30 at night for stat transcriptions...on a regular basis. I had another client who used a recorder and spoke into the speaker instead of mic. Another would dictate an entire paragraph, v e r y s l o w l y, and then say "scratch that" and start over. ...

100% FIESA Review Demand
Jun 12, 2015

You WILL check your FIESA alerts and you WILL do it now. We WON'T pay you for your time and we WON'T care that your unpaid efforts will result in a decrease in your already abysmal pay. Just DO it. Yeah--right. I'm gonna respond to THAT request--not. ...

Demand-type Myocardial Infarction?
May 02, 2014

Patient has COPD, pericarditis, and emphysema. One of the dx listed s/l "demand type" myocardial infarction. This is for a cardiology followup note. TIA ...

Task Force, Inc.
Jun 03, 2010

has anyone heard of this company?  I searched for it but came up with nothing. ...

So About That MT Task Force
Mar 27, 2013

I have not heard it mentioned in a very long time. ...

Work Force
Apr 09, 2013

Indian MTs are being started at $40/week which is not a living wage even in India.  At that rate, MM can go through many layers of QA in India and still spend much less than they would using Americans.  They will replace as many US MTs as they possibly can, keeping Americans only if requested by the client.  They will find any excuse they can to do this.  The only hope is if clients are dissatisfied with the quality of the work and take steps to correct it.  There have b ...

MT Force...any Info.?
Jul 06, 2013

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the above company? Are they for real or is it a scam? Thanks. ...

Why Don't Facilities Simply Demand 98% Accuracy From VR Vendors? (nm)
Apr 02, 2015

. ...

Swap Board....back? By Popular Demand?
Apr 06, 2015

Apparently, my team (lucky us) has been selected to participate in a pilot to bring back the Swap Board.  If my memory serves me correctly, it was a ginormous disaster the last time they tried to force it upon us.  This on top of the back log of work, mandatory overtime and switching accounts?  Really?  Am I in the Twilight Zone?   ugh...first resume sent last week...more to follow for sure. ...

WMX Reduction In Force Employees
Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky. Best of luck to you (and the rest of us). ...

SoftScript Disturbance In The Force
Oct 05, 2011

I have been through this several times before and I know the signs.  Work levels start to drop inexplicably for prolonged periods.  People get fired for specious reasons, the petty harrassment starts, another way to lessen your workforce before... what?  I feel something really, really bad coming our way, either offshoring, VR and cut in wages, getting sold, or all three.  It is no more business as usual here, something is up, and I wonder if anyone else has noticed.  Be ...

I'm Starting To Demand To Know A Line Rate In Initial Contact W/company
Feb 06, 2011

... or they tapdance around the question, I'll bluntly refuse right then and there. I saw some positive remarks, so I thought, on here not long ago so I applied to FastChart.  Then after that, find comments about their low pay rate.  I just got a response back from them after about 2 weeks.  Unless someone is truly desperate and needs to take anything they can get, please try to start demanding a line rate before you waste your time testing and jumping through all those hoo ...

30 Force Elevator? Dental Procedure. Nm
Dec 11, 2009

.... ...

Reduction In Force Letter From Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me. ...

Ok, I Will Ask: Medical Transcription Force Services
Sep 27, 2012

Dear Alice, You are aware that you are not, in fact, the owner of the platforms as mentioned in your ad, right?  We are not that naive "MT Force Communications, which owns our well-known and widely-used platforms, eScription, Dictaphone Enterprise Speech System and Beyond TXT." ...

Does Anyone Know How To Force Email To NOT Go To Web Messaging Lite?
Nov 25, 2014

SO annoying.  I can only view my email in lite mode.  ...

Hackers Demand $10 Million After Hijacking Millions Of Virginia Medical Records
Dec 22, 2009

This was in a UK paper but I don't recall hearing about it here in the US. Hmmm.....I wonder why.  Here's the link http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1178276/Hackers-demand--10m-ransom-hijacking-millions-medical-records.html ...

Article About MM Building Up Work Force In India
Oct 25, 2014

I read a post here referencing an article about MM building a new facility and hiring hundreds of Indian nationals by the end of this year.  Could someone please send me that link or article so I can print it for the unemployment office so I can apply for retraining?  or at least look into retraining?  THANKS ...

Looking For Ortho Help On Counterforce Brace Versus Count'R-Force
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Ortho: I Dressed His Finger With Some Xeroform And S/l Fora-force And Put Him Back In The Splint
Dec 01, 2011

TIA :-) ...

EGD Question. Biopsies Were Taken From The Prominent S/l "force" Of The Body Of The Stoma
Jan 21, 2011

x ...

Word Clearly Sounds Like "E Force." See Message....
Jul 01, 2013

This doctor clearly dictates the word, E force, but I can't document it anywhere.  He dictates it in the following sentences.  (1)  "He has no neurocognitive slowing.  E force consistent with medication compliance with the Xanax 0.5 mg b.i.d."  (2)  "He has a clear sensorium.  E force is checked." Thank you very much for your help.    ...

They Force Everyone To Work Their Holiday, And Then There's No Work Today.
May 29, 2012

x ...