A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Workforce reduction, yet still hiring... - what gives?

Posted: Nov 28, 2013

This has to be related to money...firing those making 9/5, 10/6, 8/4, and hiring at what, 7/3?? If you're a new hire for MM, please share your insights, or better yet, what is your line rate?

Is MM sorting thru all MTs, looking for work force of the - best of the best? Maybe? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, they are getting rid of the best of the best - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
They are weeding out those who make 10/6. Then they will probably go after those who make 9/5. They are looking for the cheapest of the cheap, not the best of the best.

They are looking for the best of the best who will accept - cheapest of cheap pay. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

The reason - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
is exactly what you said. They are setting an arbitrary and ridiculous accuracy requirement then selectively auditing and putting the higher earners on 100% QA thus reducing their salaries by 3 cpl. Even if you put up with this for just a few weeks, they are getting nearly perfect work for less than minumum wage. If they think they can continue getting 99.6% accurate work for less than minimum wage then they are dreaming.

Old and Burned Out hit the nail right on the head. - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
It's so pathetic how some people keep thinking it's because they are trying to hire only the "best of the best." No they aren't...they don't and NEVER have cared one hoot about quality...it's ALL about the bottom line.....

Agree, agree, agree - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
Think about it. If they cared about quality, they would do everything possible to keep MTs on one or two accounts for as much time as possible and for as long as possible. Instead, MTs are switched endlessly from account to account to meet TATs. If the quality suffers, the MT is the ONLY ONE who pays for it. In fact perhaps part of the reason for the cesspool is that they know you can't do a good job working that way, can audit you, put you on 100% QA and lower your salary.
That's exactly it....When I got laid off my - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
CCM, who apparently felt really bad for the MTs and suspected she too was on the cutting block told me (off the record) she knew that was what was happening--and she thought it was disgusting and couldn't wait to also get laid off.

Similar Messages:

HIPPA And The Workforce
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone know how the new HIPPA regulations affect us as employees?  I'm starting to read up on it, but it's confusing.  I understand the work station.  I understand that we are the workforce and I understand that the government is cracking down on electronic medical records.  Does anyone know anything else?  Thanks. ...

WIA/Workforce Funding?
Mar 08, 2013

seems like almost the entire focus anymore is how to get out of MT! Well I was looking at an online class and it said it qualifies for WIA/Workforce funding, and I have never heard of that! Has anyone? I looked on the US Labor website but of course it was not helpful.  This class isn't cheap and funding would sure help.  ...

TAA Or UE -- THE WORKONE/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT OFFICES
Jan 14, 2010

For the typical WorkOne/Workforce Development staffer, being an employee means working 80 hours biweekly and being paid a FIXED hourly rate for those 80 hours.  This is because most people on traditional unemployment (UE), and those receiving TAA, worked 80 hours biweekly and were paid a fixed hourly rate for those 80 hours. That is not how MQ MT pay works.  MTs earn income based on production which is based on work availability or the number of jobs available during 8-hour shift. MTs ...

Inscribe Workforce Turnover Rate
Nov 30, 2011

Is the turnover that bad at Inscribe that their ad has been on the job forum for 2 months, or do they have new accounts coming on soon?  They sent me a request to apply about a month ago, but I've been hesitant with the feedback I've seen when I searched the archives on this site and now with seeing their ad this long.  I really don't want to switch companies but may be forced to because I can't pay the bills with little work coming in and only 3 cents a line f ...

MQers: Your 99% QA Goal Is Designed To Prune The Workforce. (sm)
May 21, 2011

It is a targeted approach to culling the workforce.  Through attrition, they are cutting their workforce needs.  Only those with the skill set they WANT will survive.  This approach is very effective. They can change the standards/requriements at any given time and then let you go without recourse for not meeting those. CBay is taking more and more work offshore.  The need for US MTs is less and less.  They will eventually have only a literal handful of US MTs left. ...

MedQuist Reports Third Quarter 2009 PROFITS --Brags About Workforce Reductions
Nov 10, 2009

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS IMMEDIATELY!! http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medquist-reports-third-quarter-2009-results-69596867.html From article: Net income for the third quarter of 2009 was $9.7 million or $0.26 per diluted share compared to a loss of $5.8 million and $0.15 per diluted share in the prior comparable period year. This improvement was the result of multiple programs designed to increase productivity, and decrease cost of revenues. Research and development costs decr ...

Ridiculous Reduction In Pay
Jul 28, 2010

As with most of you, my pay from Medquist has taken a total nose dive ever since ASR went to 85% while at the same time cutting our transcription rate down for ASR from 70% to 60%.  That's a 40% pay cut!!!  I've had to take another job elsewhere to try to make ends meet.  Besides that, our health benefits are the absolute worst and get worse every year.  Can anyone ever remember any kind of cost of living raise?   I used to make $36,000 annu ...

Reduction Mammoplasty
Dec 05, 2011

Pt is being evaluated for reduction mammoplasty.  Dictated:   My concern is her s/l weight type ratio. Is weight type correct?  Cannot totally understand him. ...

QA Line Rate Reduction
Apr 26, 2010

Why is it that we receive a reduced line rate when the blanks cannot be filled in by QA either? I've checked my feedback and most of the QA markers I left were also left blank by the QA person. So those reports should not count against us. How am I supposed to know what QA can hear or what they know? ...

WMX Reduction In Force Employees
Oct 05, 2010

Hoping everyone has found new and happy homes.  Frightening to think we can so easily lose our job (through no fault of our own).   I understand it was not just new people hired for that specific account but some of you had been there a while and were put on it and got zapped.  I thought of asking for transfer to it simply because it was a large account.  Wow, I dodged that bullet. Sorry you were not as lucky. Best of luck to you (and the rest of us). ...

Need To Know - Line Rate Reduction
Jun 21, 2013

I have worked for the same company since 2010.  I received a phone call today that my primary account has demanded a "flat-rate price reduction" so my pay will also be reduced for my standard transcription line rate to "accomodate the client" and not lose the account.  I do work on a speech rec platform and most of the reports are edited, but I have never had anything like this happen before.  I like my company and the accounts I work on and there is usually plenty of work, but I ...

Pay Reduction For Some Platforms Question
Jan 15, 2015

Seem to remember at one point they were reducing percentage paid on some platforms, there was a lot of hubaloo and then (if I am not mistaken) they went back on this and allowed them to be paid for full lines typed. Is my memory correct? Going by this I wonder if there is a ray of sunshine at the end of this long, long tunnel.  Perhaps they will make further adaptations to this plan as they figure out it isn't workign well.   This HEENT/HENT crap is totally unreal and that ...

Zygomatic Arch Reduction Operation.
Aug 27, 2010

Dissection began and the facial artery was identified.  This was retracted from the field with a s/l "sons rake" and protected. ...

Reduction In Force Letter From Webmedx
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else get one of these notifications this morning? As of today there is no work for me. ...

Septoplasty/Turbinate Reduction: S/l Chiumella?
Nov 22, 2010

Currently working on an OR for a septoplasty/turinate reduction... The sentence is:  Stay sutures were secured to one another externally below the s/l chiumella. Driving me crazy trying to find out this word!!  Any help would be appreciated! ...

Reduction Mammoplasty, ? Bipedicle Technique
Aug 19, 2012

DIAGNOSIS:  PROCEDURE ON THE LEFT IS LEFT BREAST REDUCTION MAMMOPLASTY, 435 GRAMS, s/l "MIKISIC"  BIPEDICLE TECHNIQUE WITH WISE PATTERN.  MIKISIC ? ...

Modified Shoulder Reduction Technique
Sep 19, 2012

Anyone familiar with a type of shoulder reduction technique for dislocated shoulder?  Sounds like the doc is saying modified "Stitz" technique.    ...

IMEDX, Question About Reduction In Bonus
Feb 13, 2015

The e-mail I got said it has been reduced to 2 cents above your line rate.  Bonus before was set at line rate and 1/2, which I thought they did because it would be the equivalent to "time and a half," which is, I believe, the law when you are working beyond 40 hours in a week.  If you are working bonus, which is usually the case, above your 40 hours, is it legal for them not to pay the equivalent of time and a half?  ...

Wellness Payroll Premium Reduction
Mar 05, 2015

Does anyone know what kind of reduction you get for filling out the Health Risk Assessment.  Thanks in advance. ...

Am I Gonna Have A Big Reduction In Pay When My 45 Days Training Is Up? Read On
Jul 13, 2010

I just can't get going fast on these terrible accounts.  I was doing 200 lph ST at my old job and nearly 400 lph VR (on EditScript) and I don't think I will EVER get this fast at MedQuist.  I am really worried that in 2 weeks I will drop down low enough that I either won't get benefits or they will fire me or I will be making minimum wage.    Worried...   Rachel ...

Rebruse Lobster Bone Reduction Clamp?
Aug 10, 2010

as above ...

Bilateral Breast Reduction With Lateral Chest Suctioning Via (Tuohmy???) System
Nov 03, 2010

s/l tomb-y or toomy Anyone know?! Thanks. ...

Breast Reduction - States: Discussed Pedicle "mikissick"
Aug 16, 2011

States: Discussed pedicle "mikissick" type technique.  Thanks.  ...

Breast Reduction Mammoplasty: S/l "Patengi's Point"
Mar 24, 2015

Anybody heard this term?  I've looked everywhere!    Thanks!  ...

S/l "Vallejo Pallet Reduction" ????
Jan 03, 2011

This is a 19 yo woman and in past surgical history the doctor states:  "She also had a s/l Vallejo pallet reduction in 2003 and 2004."  Any clues?    Thanks, ...

DSG - If They Are Hiring?
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone know if they are hiring? ...

SS Hiring Ad
Feb 04, 2011

Softscript hiring ad AGAIN - I had a total of 2 out of 4 days of work.  I am only part-time, but I wonder how the full-timers feel, if they are out of work and then see the hiring ad.  ...

Is DSG Still Hiring IC At All
Mar 20, 2011

Is DSG still hiring IC at all.  I see they have an ad for employees for MT. ...

HUH MQ Hiring?
Sep 05, 2011

WTF is going on?  I am no longer an MT, but I still care about a lot of people who are still TRYING to work at the Q.  Just popped over to mtjobs and the Q has an ad on there for MTs wishing to embark on a world class....etc.  It's unacceptable that the Q doesn't let anyone know what is going on at the MT level, starve out all the experienced ones they "acquired," then offshore to Inida and hire a bunch of newbies.  I don't have any idea what sort of game they ...

TTS Hiring Again?
Mar 06, 2012

I want to work a part time job to supplement my other part time job at Nuance because sometimes there is no work.  I see an opening at TTS but when reviewing posts about TTS it sounds like a bad place to work with incompetent recruiters and managers.  It seems 95% of the posts are bad regarding TTS.  I am leery about working for a company that keeps advertising for help, especially if it isn't a large one like Nuance or MQ.  Is this a good company where there is work or ...