A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SoftScript: My not so good experience - Gimme A Break

Posted: Dec 05, 2010

So I was hired by SoftScript 2 wks ago and completed training which was not bad. Was put on 2 clinic accts and had work for 2 days and no work since! Emails from company saying volume is low, have patience, yada yada. THEN I see that they are posting ads on mtjobs.com for more MTs! Flip me out! Not enough work for the MTs they have yet continue to hire more! I believe they are hiring just to cover for the holidays, which really is Nasty and Underhanded. My emails asking them what is going on have been unanswered.  Just a standard "check back for work every hour during your scheduled shift." Scuze me? Are you paying me to sit here for 8 hours? No? Then forget it. Think twice before accepting a job with them. This was a complete waste of my time and I will be moving on. Anyone else with this experience or am I just the lucky one??

Did you ask for another account? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I have not worked for them but have seen this - Same Complaint...

[ In Reply To ..]
... many, many times about this company.

Same with the issue of unanswered emails.

There is never a time when SoftScript is NOT advertising. They are a constant presence on the mtjobs.com board.

Thanks for the heads up. - AT

[ In Reply To ..]
These are the things we need to know when we are so frazzled by the different programs and accounts and learning them and just catching on to make a living and then BAM. Games they all play.

What's there to say? There's no work. - starstruck

[ In Reply To ..]
The lack of work is a constant problem around the holidays. People try to put things off until after Christmas, so what can you do? SS *does* expect you to sit at your computer even if there is no work, which is so completely beyond reasonable, but there you are. I have had a manager who basically said there's no work, so don't bother staying at your computer, and I have appreciated the honesty. At least I can get some Christmas stuff done that way. BTW, the managers at SS are great, but I think they are under pressure from management. That's why there are often no returned emails, etc.

softscript - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
Well 2 weeks ago would put you right around the holidays and a lot of people are slow at that time of year.

This is why I work 2 jobs. one part time and one full. That way when one is out of work, I have the other to fall back on. But 2 weeks ago both were out. So I think it is just the timing. You should really stick it out and see if it doesnt get any better.

Clinic versus Acute Care - Helping Hand

[ In Reply To ..]
You say you are working on 2 clinic accounts...odds are, they are hiring for acute care. Are you limited to clinic? If not, I would ask to also be included in acute care accounts. This would help to ensure a better workload.

Similar Messages:

Softscript - Any Experience
Aug 03, 2011

Does anyone have any experience working for SoftScript?  I see in their ad that they don't send work overseas, which is very important to me.   Are they a good company to work for?   Do they have steady work, on time pay, good line rates, and, most importantly, treat their MTs well?   I am considering applying with them and would like to get some honest feedback from anyone who has or is currently working for them.  I want to know the good and the bad!  I also want to know if they hav ...

SoftScript - Positive Experience So Far
Dec 20, 2010

With all the negative posts on here, I'd like to add a positive post.  I was recently hired by SoftScript, starting training this week, and so far I am really impressed.  I had read posts on here that caused me a great deal of concern over my decision, but so far so good.  They have been on top of their game as far as the recruitment process.  Everything I was told would happen did happen, and very quickly and professionally.  Everything setup and ready to go ...

Softscript Was The Worst Experience Of My Life
Dec 10, 2010

Softscript was the worst experience of my life.  Their software sucks - just about all applications within their program are slow, slow, slow - couldn't get any lines.  Go figure.  Do not waste your time with this company.  ...

Offered 8 Cpl At SoftScript For 20 Years Experience.
Jan 05, 2011

Has anyone said that was not enough and have them counter offer with more?  I don't plan on working for SS (I saw way too many complaints on the other board about them), but what about future offers which I suspect will not be any higher?  I saw on the resume board what I consider way too many willing to work for 7 cpl with plenty of experience.  Is it likely they will pay more when others are willing to work for so much less?  And many of these 7 cpl were IC.  Al ...

Current Experience Working For Softscript
Jul 10, 2012

Anyone out there have current experience working for Softscript? Are they good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Anybody With A Good Experience?
Mar 15, 2015

Anybody who has had a positive experience with working for an outsource company - like good benefits and pay, etc.?  I started with a company recently and like it but haven't gotten paid yet.  I have a 625.00 house note per month plus other bills.   Will I make it?  I need encouragement badly!   ...

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

Sad, But I Have Had Good Experience With The Indian
Dec 09, 2012

Sorry - this was supposed to go down below in the Indian tech thread...   One spent almost an hour fixing my problem and wouldn't give up until he did. I told my husband an American tech would've gotten rid of me after about 15 minutes and blamed it on my ISP.  And these techs were very polite, whereas some of the American techs were very snotty and condescending. As I said, I feel disloyal to the American techs, but both of my OS techs were very helpful. And had no languag ...

Has Anyone Ever Had A GOOD Experience With Nuance
Feb 18, 2015

Please let me know ...

Experience With Superior Global (good Or Bad)?
Mar 25, 2011

Anyone have any work experience with Superior Global (good or bad)?   ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

Looking For A Good Job  Go To SoftScript, Inc.
Apr 30, 2012

If you are looking for a good job  go to SoftScript, Inc.  I have been there for about 6 months now and I have to say that they are an awesome company.  The system is user friendly, the staff is fantastic and eager to help AND they pay good rates ON TIME.  I have referred several friends and they all have joined me at SoftScript.  ...

Feedback On Softscript - Good Or Bad?
Jun 06, 2014

How is working for Softscript straight transcription?  Are dictators difficult so it is hard to get good line count?  Possibly going to interview for PT.  Any feedback would be appreciated. ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...

Too MUCH Experience?
Jul 23, 2010

I am trying to figure why I never get a call-back on job applications anymore.  For instance I applied at one company who was advertising a week or so ago, I'm sure I did perfectly or almost so on the test, never heard from them, and yet now they are advertising again.   My range is not great, mostly ER and clinic, so maybe this is the issue but I have applied for these positions recently to no avail. I have 16 years experience and I wonder if they think I will want too much ...

How To Get Experience W/o Job & Job W/o Experience?
Sep 18, 2010

it's the old question - how to get acute care experience that everyone wants - when none of the local hospitals are hiring for MT (I've checked).  I could try "cold calling" doctor's offices and see who does their transcription (unless they have some kind of digital chart system - fill in the appropriate boxes on their laptops - I think our family doc uses that system). I actually had "formal" hospital acute care training 11 years ago - so seems like a lifetime ago.  Th ...

Can Anyone Please Tell Me Their Experience With...sm
Nov 22, 2010

eTransPlus?  I am considering sending my resume but can't afford to waste time with yet another joke.    Thanks much! ...

TTD QA Experience Anyone?
Mar 04, 2011

Anyone with any experience with TTD (The Transcription Doctors) in QA-just wondering how QA by the line works, also curious about how this company operates, or anything else that anyone wants to enlighten me on.  Archive information is old  and not that great at times, and would like some up to date information-good or bad.  You may email me if you would like.  Thank you fellow worker bees! ...

My Experience With TTS
May 26, 2011

I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know what my experience with TTS has been recently.  A job for a Delta Team member was advertised, for which I applied with my resume and cover letter.  It's worth noting here that I meet every qualification in the ad.  The job sounded like it was difficult, but I applied as I wanted a salaried position.  I received an e-mail from *******, the same one who was sent packing from another MTSO last year.  The e-mail gave all sorts of inf ...