A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anybody with a good experience? - Cherith

Posted: Mar 15, 2015

Anybody who has had a positive experience with working for an outsource company - like good benefits and pay, etc.?  I started with a company recently and like it but haven't gotten paid yet.  I have a 625.00 house note per month plus other bills.   Will I make it?  I need encouragement badly!

You will never make that payment. You will be lucky to get - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
paid that much in a month. Read these boards. That says it all.

Thanks for info - Cherith

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm afraid I won't be able to make the payment plus other expensive bills. The cost of living is low where I live but the other bills are expensive. I think I'm going to look at other options for income. Thanks for your comments. I need input from people who have worked for outsource companies.

You might make that payment.... - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
You might be able to make that payment and have a little left over. My mortgage payment is $1550 (live on the West coast) and I barely make enough each month to cover the payment. I used to make $60,000 a year doing this work. Fortunately, I have other income to survive on (am over 65). Like I said in another message, our work has been "Wal-Marted." The hospitals that outsource (most of them) just love the low prices and don't care that we can't make a living any more. It's just "business." You're very fortunate to have such a low mortgage payment. You can't get rent in Seattle for much less than $1200-$1300 a month, and that's not for anything luxurious plus that's an 1-bedroom apartment, not a whole house.

Thanks for reply - Cherith

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for reply. I am very fortunate to have a low payment. The cost of living is low where I live. I have doubts of staying with the outsource company because I'm afraid it will hurt me financially. It's unfortunate. I wish I could retire now but can't

I have. You will not get many positive replies here because the negative people attack when a nice - LongTimeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for a big, evil MTSO and still make over $50,000 per year. Don't listen to the negative nellies on these boards. Think about it. There are 10,000 US MTs at MM, 8,000 US MTs at Nuance and at least 500-1000 each at Precyse, Keystrokes, IMedx and Futurenet plus 100-500 at medium companies like SoftScribe, Mediscribes, Medscribe, NEMT, SilentType, etc. You see a few bad posts about each company but what about the rest of their employees. They don't come here and because they are happy and are making a living.

Do your best, work when you agree to work, and communicate well with your managers, and you will do great.

A big thank you - Cherith

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much for your encouragement. I needed that. I'm thinking about quitting the outsource company but may give it more time. Your input is much appreciated.

Where did you get these numbers? - not accurate at all

[ In Reply To ..]
You said MM has 10,000 MTs... Ummm you did not mention that there are only around 2000 on this side of the planet! I am betting Nuance has a similar situation.

I am neither happy or unhappy for the record. I am just numb...

Disagree completely. If you will notice, there are so many - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
negative posts because very few companies are good to work for, if any. I seriously doubt you make that much unless you are a CEO or a suit of some type. Cherith, do not pay this poster heed. Probably an MTSO

Probably not... - SadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I would love to work the hours I agreed to work when I signed on at this place...and actually have the work to do. I would be a happy, loyal employee if that were the case. Unfortunately, it is not. I was promised there was plenty of work available for my proposed scheduled when I was contemplating signing on with them, empty promises.

What is your agenda for making these numbers up?! - I worked at MM

[ In Reply To ..]
And know for a fact there are not 10,000 US MTs, not even close. I suspect your other numbers are just as erroneous. Why would you mislead the OP?

OP: I ended up at MM aftera buyout after 25 years in the business. It was as bad as they say. I gave it 2 years and quit in tears. Working now for a smaller family-owned company I love as QA, though these are hard to find.

then what are you doing here? - ANegativeNelly

[ In Reply To ..]
For every person on the net who expresses a negative opinion or feeling, there are plenty who don't bother. The negative nellies on here have no one to confide in. Some even have some semblance of compassion and want to protect others from getting caught in the same trap. Even if you are telling the truth about your wonderful income, there are exceptions to every norm, and 50k a year would be a glaring one. There are way too many of us negative nellies around posting on this site for someone to write us off as just attacking or being negative. The atmosphere on these boards is negative because the profession that is the main topic of this site has very few positives, all of which are undermined by the poor income and the sense of complete powerlessness that most of us have. Calling us negative nellies and saying we attack and bragging about making $50,000 a year is not positive; it's cruel and judgmental. To the individual you were trying to tell how wonderful it can be just by working hard and communicating with your manager, etc., I say run fast and run far. This is not a good line of work if you want to make good money and/or keep your mental health. I plead with anyone who might be considering going into medical transcription to forget it. Save yourself a lot of hurt.

Where is your house "note" and "outsource company" - in India? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

not quite - Cherith

[ In Reply To ..]
Not quite in India. I should be more grateful that I live in a low cost of living area but I still suffer financially and I wonder if working for outsource company will make it worse. Too bad transcription is fading away.

Girl, You better line something up. - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
You will lose your house and they will hire someone else, there isn't a shortage of warm bodies.

I've worked for a woman since last March. (looking for more work, but am only seeing the fire to jump into when I leave the frying pan.)

I HAVE NEVER BEEN PAID ON TIME... My DSL has been turned off, my electric, (that was last month, no wait beginning of THIS month). My sister has kept me going. I'm on the verge of foreclosure. and I probably won't get another check (although the one I finally got 50+ days after I did the work is only for 2 weeks) until April. And I make sick pay anyway and watch the owner cherry pick the good reports out of my work pool and leave me the crap.

You need to do something. Borrow money, make a plan. (get out of MT) You'll lose everything and only you will be effected, not them.

Now, I know a lawyer..... You let me know.

Thanks for reply - Cherith

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the heads-up. I do need to look for something else I think.

Similar Messages:

SoftScript: My Not So Good Experience
Dec 05, 2010

So I was hired by SoftScript 2 wks ago and completed training which was not bad. Was put on 2 clinic accts and had work for 2 days and no work since! Emails from company saying volume is low, have patience, yada yada. THEN I see that they are posting ads on mtjobs.com for more MTs! Flip me out! Not enough work for the MTs they have yet continue to hire more! I believe they are hiring just to cover for the holidays, which really is Nasty and Underhanded. My emails asking them what is going o ...

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

Sad, But I Have Had Good Experience With The Indian
Dec 09, 2012

Sorry - this was supposed to go down below in the Indian tech thread...   One spent almost an hour fixing my problem and wouldn't give up until he did. I told my husband an American tech would've gotten rid of me after about 15 minutes and blamed it on my ISP.  And these techs were very polite, whereas some of the American techs were very snotty and condescending. As I said, I feel disloyal to the American techs, but both of my OS techs were very helpful. And had no languag ...

Has Anyone Ever Had A GOOD Experience With Nuance
Feb 18, 2015

Please let me know ...

Experience With Superior Global (good Or Bad)?
Mar 25, 2011

Anyone have any work experience with Superior Global (good or bad)?   ...

Can Anyone Share Their Experience With Amphion, Good Or Bad?
Mar 30, 2013

Xxx ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

In Your Experience
Nov 10, 2009

I have seen that some MTs work two or three companies at a time and during the same hours.  Can you tell me if this was working with the same platform and same computer?  ...

Do You Think MT Experience Will Help In Getting An MR Job?
Feb 11, 2010

There is a hospital in my area that has 2 jobs I am interested in, one is a records analyst and the other is a records clerk.  I am definitely ready to start working outside of the home, but I fear my MT experience will not help me much in getting one of these jobs.  I am just wondering what you all think or if I should bother to apply.  I am thinking they are going to want people with hospital experience.  Thanks a bunch for any information!! ...

MD-IT..any Experience?
Apr 12, 2010

Hi.  I was recently hired as an employee with MD-IT.  I filled out all my paperwork, did my computer audit, background check, etc. and was supposed to call at 9:00 a.m. this morning to begin downloading their transcription platform.  Well, I called and got voicemail.  I left a message and have not heard back.  To me, if you have an appointment scheduled, you should be available for that appointment.  I'm sure they would expect nothing less from me.  I real ...

Experience.
Jun 08, 2010

I have been noticing that the experience level required to even get looked at for an MT job has went up. The 2 year experience mark has now went to 3 in most postings, and alot more postings are stating they want a minimum of 5 years. It is an up hill battle in an already hard market but with these kind of requirements I supose the seasoned MT's can rest a little easier and the newbies I guess can look for another line of work. I have already switched my gears and will finish my MA deg ...

Too MUCH Experience?
Jul 23, 2010

I am trying to figure why I never get a call-back on job applications anymore.  For instance I applied at one company who was advertising a week or so ago, I'm sure I did perfectly or almost so on the test, never heard from them, and yet now they are advertising again.   My range is not great, mostly ER and clinic, so maybe this is the issue but I have applied for these positions recently to no avail. I have 16 years experience and I wonder if they think I will want too much ...

How To Get Experience W/o Job & Job W/o Experience?
Sep 18, 2010

it's the old question - how to get acute care experience that everyone wants - when none of the local hospitals are hiring for MT (I've checked).  I could try "cold calling" doctor's offices and see who does their transcription (unless they have some kind of digital chart system - fill in the appropriate boxes on their laptops - I think our family doc uses that system). I actually had "formal" hospital acute care training 11 years ago - so seems like a lifetime ago.  Th ...

Can Anyone Please Tell Me Their Experience With...sm
Nov 22, 2010

eTransPlus?  I am considering sending my resume but can't afford to waste time with yet another joke.    Thanks much! ...

TTD QA Experience Anyone?
Mar 04, 2011

Anyone with any experience with TTD (The Transcription Doctors) in QA-just wondering how QA by the line works, also curious about how this company operates, or anything else that anyone wants to enlighten me on.  Archive information is old  and not that great at times, and would like some up to date information-good or bad.  You may email me if you would like.  Thank you fellow worker bees! ...

My Experience With TTS
May 26, 2011

I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know what my experience with TTS has been recently.  A job for a Delta Team member was advertised, for which I applied with my resume and cover letter.  It's worth noting here that I meet every qualification in the ad.  The job sounded like it was difficult, but I applied as I wanted a salaried position.  I received an e-mail from *******, the same one who was sent packing from another MTSO last year.  The e-mail gave all sorts of inf ...

No Experience No Job - No Job No Experience
Jul 30, 2011

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the situation of not having enough experience to get a job but not being able to get the experience if you don't get a job.  I have skiills and talent out the wazoo - I've passed numerous transcription tests - and I nearly always get a quick response to my application and resume submission.  HOWEVER, because i've never worked in a hospital and my 10 years of experience was more than three years ago - AND because I that experience w ...

TTS - Your Experience?
Sep 27, 2011

Do they really pay only 7 cents a line??  Unbelievable.  Do they base it on your experience?  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Your Experience?
Oct 27, 2011

Early on, when your experience was nil, how did you handle the struggle of trying to get your line count up while being challenged with ESL dictators as your training deadline date approached? ...

How Can I Get More Experience?
Jul 14, 2012

I was working 40 hours per week as an oncology transcriber until the company I worked for was outsourced by Nuance.  Now, I am trying to find another transcribing job that does not require 2+ years of experience.  I only have about 15 months of experience in oncology.  Does anyone have any idea of how I can get more experience so that I can eventually apply for jobs with 2+ years of experience?  I am willing to work cheap just so that I can get that two years in. ...

New MT....How To Get Experience?
Sep 17, 2012

Hello, I got a certificate from Allied schools that I completed their course for MT. I was under impression that the certificate was so that I could say I was a certified MT. I was wrong I guess. Makes sense.... I am a licensed vet tech and know that I had to take the vet tech boards before getting my certification/license for that. So my question is HOW do I do this? I want my certification and I want to be able to get some experience so I can say I have experience. HELP PLEASE. ...

Anyone Have Experience With TTS,
Jan 12, 2013

Thinking of applying and wondering if anyone has experience with this company/person ...

Anyone Experience This
Jul 18, 2013

Just curious to know if anyone else has ever had points deducted for a cc (taken from the roster) that was incorrect.    I just pull in the name when it is dictated, I don't check out their specialty, etc to make sure it is correct.  Would you?  ...

Anybody Have Experience With One-On-One?
Mar 24, 2014

Just saw their ad on the Job Seeker's Board and was wondering if anyone had heard how they are to work for.  Thank you in advance!! =) ...

Anyone Have Experience With TTS?
Dec 15, 2014

In all honesty, when I start checking out companies and reviews, all transcription companies seem to have really bad reviews. Are there any decent companies out there?     ...