A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone share their experience with Amphion, good or bad? - kiki

Posted: Mar 30, 2013

Xxx

Amphion is a great place to work - email me for info

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Amphion has a pretty good and efficient hiring - process. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I tested, interviewed, and was set up for training pretty much all in one week. However, I had to decline the position as it did require working holidays and it was second shift. I was going to do part-time, but didn't realize they required holidays until I thoroughly read the paperwork.

These people are very nice. If you don't mind holidays, I'd say go for it.

my experience - 6 months ago recently

[ In Reply To ..]
Decent enough people to work with, however, I found it difficult to make decent income (I am a 12-year veteran) for 2 reasons. They only pay VBC (no spaces), which I thought I could overcome, but could not, took a huge hit financially. Secondly, I was promised a large acute care facility with plenty of work. Within 30 days that account ran low, so I voluntarily retrained on a 2nd account. Over and over... I trained on 6 accounts (voluntarily) in as many months. Just my experience. Never again, and never would advise anyone else to head their way.

Seriously, what is up with that VBC thing?? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That just seems crazy to me! The space bar is a key for crying out loud, so pay me to use it, right?! I would really like to know what they have to say about that because from my perspective, and I'm sure most would agree with me, that's just another way to screw us out of money. My guess is they offer at least a semi decent line rate, but then the catch is not paying for spaces, which makes them what...one of those 3 cpl companies?

Works out to about 3.5 CPL on VR in most of their platforms - Not Happy About it Either

[ In Reply To ..]
Their "adjusted line" formulas invariably work out to 4 CPL per edited line, with a gross line being 65 VBC, so about 3.5 CPL net if spaces were counted. Exception being their proprietary platform pays a fair bit higher, but is more cumbersome to use (IMHO) so it evens out.

Similar Messages:

Experience With Amphion (good Or Bad)?
Mar 23, 2011

Does anyone have any experience with Amphion (good or bad)?  I have an interview scheduled and was wondering if they are worth pursuing.  Thanks     ...

Anyone Want To Share Their Triton Experience? Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Going to be working for Amphion and using Triton.  Anyone willing to share what it is like?  Do I need to get an expander such as SH or IT?     ...

Anyone Care To Share Your Experience With
Jan 29, 2014

nm ...

Are There Any Transcenders Willing To Share Their Positive Experience?
Jan 29, 2010

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist.  My eyes are wide open, and I've been through previous crappy merger.  Maybe The Worst Case will indeed happen.  I guess it's like MQ, the ship of misery where everyone (including me) stayed and stayed and stayed for numerous reasons.  I finally got off only to find a few yrs later a new merger with Transcend.  BTW, the number I  heard on conferences was that with MDI-MD, Transcend was now with 1200 MLS/TLs.  Just ...

Anyone Care To Share Their Experience With TransPortal
Jul 13, 2011

. ...

Share Your Experience Working At Keystrokes
Jan 21, 2013

Would you please share your experience working at Keystrokes.  Is it as bad as posted on here, or are there any "happy" MTs there?  Are you able to work your full shift and get your line counts?  If not, how many different accounts do you have to work on to make enough money to live on?  Are their platforms hard to learn and do you have to switch back and forth on those too?  Do you get raised to 8 cpl as promised?  Thanks for any info you would care to share...appreciate your time. ...

Anyone Working For TransTech Care To Share Your Experience,sm
Mar 30, 2011

The VR cannot even understand these ESLs, so I am not understanding why they would be placed in VR.  I mean really, this VR sucks.  It leaves out a lot of easy words that it didn't seem to catch on the English speaking docs also.  I seem to be spending a lot of time typing these ESL VR jobs instead of editing them.  Thanks for any input.  ...

Anyone Working At Transform Care To Share Your Experience
Oct 26, 2011

Anyone working at Transform care to share your experience with this company.  I have never done editing before but I do have about 14 years oncology experience.  Is there enough work?  I would much rather do straight transcription, but it is getting more difficult every week to even find jobs hiring for it.  Also what is their pay scale for doing editing.  Do they have any straight transcription?  Thanks for your help. ...

Anyone Care To Share Experience With SmartMed, Archives
Jun 11, 2012

TIA ...

Advice-Mixed Reviews On Transcend And Nuance, Anyone Care To Share Their Experience??
Oct 23, 2011

I am looking for a FT job with benefits and steady work.  I am considering applying to these 2 companies so I am hoping some will share their experiences good and bad so I can have something to compare to.  I currently am working on eScription through a local hospital as an IC so I wanted to apply at companies that I knew had eScription as I feel I am most productive on this platform. ...

Amphion Experience?
Sep 07, 2011

I've been hearing some good things about Amphion.  Are there any current Amphion employees out there who have been there for a decent amount of time and could share their experience with the company?   I'm wondering how their pay is and how they are to work for in general.  Do you find yourself running out of work very often?   Do you make a good living there?  Can they be flexible at all with schedules?  Lastly, are most of their accounts straight typing ...

Does Anyone Have Any Experience/opinions About Amphion Or Precyse? Sm
Jan 28, 2011

They both offered me positions when I so unwisely chose SoftScript.  Now that I am looking again, I am wondering if they are the same out-of-work types or if they might be a legitimate option to explore.  I am pretty much at the end of my rope.  I have asked to be patient for 3 months now and my patience is worn out. If you know of any other companies that pay decent and offer full-time employee status with benefits, I'd appreciate knowing that too.  Thanks for your he ...

Can We Share The 'good' MT Companies To Work With Please!?!
Mar 08, 2010

I've been following the company and job seekers board for quite some time now, and seriously having a hard time staying positive/focused on finding a decent MT job! It seems that there are plenty of negative horror stories here (and definitely worth sharing that info to save other MTs the trouble of wasting our time!!) but I'd like to know about some of your experiences with good companies. So I'm asking for some suggestions on your experiences (past or present) on MT companies t ...

Too Good Not To Share... When Insults Had Class!
Aug 10, 2010

When Insults Had Class  These glorious insults are from an era before the English language gotboiled down to 4-letter words.A member of Parliament to Disraeli: "Sir, you will either die on thegallows or of some unspeakable disease.""That depends, Sir," said Disraeli, "whether I embrace your policiesor your mistress.""He had delusions of adequacy." - Walter Kerr"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." -Winston Churchill"I have never killed a man, ...

Amphion...anything GOOD To Say About Them?
May 20, 2010

I've narrowed my job search down to two companies with Amphion being one of them. I'd appreciate it if anybody could give me an idea of their experience at Amphion with respect to pay, if their SR platform works well, how long it took you to get up to speed and earning decent money, how much SR and how much typing, etc. Basically the stuff that you would have liked to known before you went to work at Amphion.   Thanks very much ...

Amphion Good Or Bad?
Mar 19, 2013

Is this company good or bad? ...

Amphion - Good,bad And Ugly
Jan 16, 2011

I was just wondering if there was any body out there who has worked or is currently working for it. Just want the good,bad and ugly if there is any? Just tested for it and I think I did okay. ...

Amphion - Good Or Bad? I Currently Work At
Aug 09, 2011

Nuance.  I got hired on by OSi, which was a good company, but Nuance took over, and it's becoming more and more of a nightmare every day.  I am getting so miserable.  The people that transferred over from OSi are great and great to work for that's what has been keeping me there, but Nuance is terrible, and they're buying out all of the good companies out there!  Is Amphion any better?  Any current or ex Amphioners out there?   Would greatly appre ...

So What's The Story On Amphion? Good Or Bad?
Oct 20, 2011

Would love to hear the scoop on Amphion from anyone who works there or has recently worked there.  I'm thinking about applying there.  How is the pay, software, and benefits, and is there plenty of work?  Thanks in advance for any info I can get! ...

Amphion. Good, Bad, Ugly? TIA. Nm
Jun 19, 2014

nm ...

Amphion, Anything Good Or Bad. I'm Nervous.
Oct 14, 2014

Anyone out there have any experience with Amphion?  Good and bad comments are requested.  I'm nervous about them. ...

Amphion?? Good/bad/ugly??
Dec 05, 2014

Filled out the test & waiting to hear.  Anyone have experience with these guys?  TIA! :0) ...

Anybody With A Good Experience?
Mar 15, 2015

Anybody who has had a positive experience with working for an outsource company - like good benefits and pay, etc.?  I started with a company recently and like it but haven't gotten paid yet.  I have a 625.00 house note per month plus other bills.   Will I make it?  I need encouragement badly!   ...

SoftScript: My Not So Good Experience
Dec 05, 2010

So I was hired by SoftScript 2 wks ago and completed training which was not bad. Was put on 2 clinic accts and had work for 2 days and no work since! Emails from company saying volume is low, have patience, yada yada. THEN I see that they are posting ads on mtjobs.com for more MTs! Flip me out! Not enough work for the MTs they have yet continue to hire more! I believe they are hiring just to cover for the holidays, which really is Nasty and Underhanded. My emails asking them what is going o ...

Sad, But I Have Had Good Experience With The Indian
Dec 09, 2012

Sorry - this was supposed to go down below in the Indian tech thread...   One spent almost an hour fixing my problem and wouldn't give up until he did. I told my husband an American tech would've gotten rid of me after about 15 minutes and blamed it on my ISP.  And these techs were very polite, whereas some of the American techs were very snotty and condescending. As I said, I feel disloyal to the American techs, but both of my OS techs were very helpful. And had no languag ...

Has Anyone Ever Had A GOOD Experience With Nuance
Feb 18, 2015

Please let me know ...

Experience With Superior Global (good Or Bad)?
Mar 25, 2011

Anyone have any work experience with Superior Global (good or bad)?   ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

If You're Willing To Share...
May 22, 2012

I'm interested in figuring out the average VR lines per day an MT can average with M*M as well as how many straight typing lines you get per day.  I know this is dependent on a lot of different factors like account and the skill of the MT but, if you are willing to share, I would love for people to post how many lines per day you average on VR and straight typing. Recently someone here mentioned that the top producers in their region were producing 1200 VR lines per day.  I would ...

Have To Share...
Sep 19, 2012

This job was 1561s and very likely could have been done in about 200s.    Dictated:  Eyes:  Upper case p.m. Casey upper case are case are upper case L.  Place a; of ACE upper case place M intact; Transcribed Eyes:  PERRLA, OEM intact.  The WHOLE job was dictated thusly, bear in mind he did not skip a comma, period, semi-colon, colon, dash, hyphen or slash throughout the whole thing.  Spent quite a bit of time removing colons and periods.  It was ...