A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Fair warning about WordzXpressed - sm

Posted: Jul 15, 2010

I took their test for a QA position.  ELEVEN reports to type plus their written. I typed the reports, 2 reports had 1 blank, otherwise they were clean.  I get an email saying I didn't score high enough. I went back over each and every report, relistened and there were no errors.  So, just in case, I had someone else go over those reports and listen and she agreed with me, no errors with the exception of the 2 reports that had 1 blank.  That was a passing test.  This is what I do for a living and I'm very good at it.  If the company just didn't want to hire me, they should have just said so instead of saying I didn't pass.  I spent a long time on that test and those 11 reports were not all short.  There were difficult dictators and it was time consuming.  I took great care in doing a good job, so I emailed asking what it was that they felt was not passing, but I'll be surprised if I get a response.  What is up with these companies?  Thanks for letting me vent!

Re: Fair Warning - The Shadow

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you considered the possibility that they were having you transcribe actual work for which they were billing the client? Eleven reports is just too many, sorry. I think they were making a profit off your work. I had that happen to me once with another company. When is someone going to come along to bring people who do this to their knees?

sm - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think so, it was through MTTest. After spending a few hours on that test to be told I didn't pass when I know I did and even confirmed with another long term QA is extremely disappointing. If they had someone else in mind, just say so, but don't say I failed. That's not right.

Wordz - HappyatWordz

[ In Reply To ..]
They are not a scam. I took the test, passed, and went to work for Wordz. Pay might not sound great, at first. but you do the same dictators over and over again. They are assigned to you and you are the only one doing their work and are responsible for meeting TAT (24 hours). Twelve days of PTO yearly, no weekend work, great benefits, pay is DD and on time. Even QA is nice. Finally a great MT job!I had almost given up on ever finding one.

companies - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have passed tests with flying colors before and had not heard back from them.

I do not like the companies that are out there. I wish things would change for the better in that regards.

Same thing happened to me. Wordzexpressed definitely isn't passing - the smell test. I am now distrustful of all MT com

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Testing-thought it was just me! - GreenFairy

[ In Reply To ..]
I took the test for WordsXpressed and "failed" and I have over 20 experience! I was shocked. I am so relieved to hear it is not just me. I thought I was losing my mind.

MTtest - anon as well

[ In Reply To ..]
Please do not think that you did not pass the test. You probably did and did as well as you thought you did. I have taken a test by MTtest, as well and also failed it, followed by an advertisement to take training with Career Step, right afterwards. I do not like this MT test function. I think it randomly chooses testees and tells them they failed and then tries to recruit them to their school for "further education." I will test for any company, but not if they use this service of MTTest.

MTtest - Been There 2

[ In Reply To ..]
You think it is just you, until you read all these posts and they say the same thing. I agree with anon, I think it is a scam to get you to sign up for "further education." No more for me, unless they are directly from the company I am applying for. We are all being treated so horribly, it is not to be believed. Good luck to all of us MTs who are trying to hang in there and losing a little bit every day.

sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You know, it is not only the MTTest, it is also the cpl. It is really ridiculous. A fairly good transcriptionist barely makes enough to pay rent. The best cpl I found was keystrokes and that was just enough.

MTTEST - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Every time I have taken that mttest, I have put that I graduated from Career Step. Each time, I have passed with flying colors. I wonder, if you put that you graduated from Career Step, do they then bypass that step? I mean, the step where they tell you that you failed, followed by the suggestion that you enroll in Career Step's course.

Some transcription services do not follow best practices - Kathy Erwin

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry to hear that. Recently, I have noticed there are several transcription services who specialize in climbing the ranks of search engines. What they do NOT specialize in is transcription services and best business practices.

Have you tried looking locally for work? You can use google.com/maps to search for local transcription services. Search 'transcription service near 90210' or whatever zip code, and search similar key words. You may find more reputable companies this way.

Best of luck in the future!

Similar Messages:

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...

WordzXpressed
Oct 15, 2014

Anyone here Work for WordzXpressed? If you do I have a question. I am told when I was offered the job that there are people in Wordz that make upwards of $21/hour. I would like to know how to make this much money, I mean what's the secret. I'm lucky I can make over $10 an hour. This is a great company and the pay is great but I don't like being lied to.  ...

WordZxpressed = Is This A Scam?
Jul 12, 2010

I've done medical trans for 20 years, QA for 10, feel pretty stupid that I failed the online test for WordZxpressed and was referred to CareerStep.  Is this a scam? ...

WordzXpressed In Georgia
Apr 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about this company?  I found them on line.  Thinking of applying.  Does anyone have any info about them?  Thank you in advance. ...

Looking For Info On WordZXpressed
Jun 09, 2011

Can anyone give me recent info on WordZXpressed that works there?  How is the pay?  Any raises? What are the employee bennies (Example:  Do you get PTO?)  Is the quality of the sound files good?  Is the platform good?  Does it keep up with your line count?  Any info like this would be appreciated.    I'd like to find a good company with employee benefits if it is possible....  This one caught my eye.  :) ...

Has Anyone Heard From Wordzxpressed
Sep 06, 2012

since their last ad was posted? I'm bummed; I was really interested in that job.  I didn't get anything back saying I'd failed the testing or anything like that, just nothing at all.  Bummer. ...

Did Anyone Else Apply To WordZXpressed
Oct 15, 2013

Did anyone else apply to this company in the past few days? I took the test and was waiting for a response from the company. Today I sent an email to follow up, and I received a reply stating that I had failed to submit a resume with my application and thus would not be considered for a position. I truly don't remember seeing that I needed to submit a resume. Did anyone else apply and do you remember if the instructions said to submit a resume? Ughhh. What a stupid mistake I made!!! ...

Testing For Wordzxpressed
Jun 28, 2014

I took the test for Wordzxpressed and passed it all and submitted it.  Has anyone submitted the test and actually heard from them?  ...

WordZXpressed - Any Scoop On This Company?
Jul 11, 2011

Any scoop on this company? ...

WordZXpressed - Opinions On This Company?
May 16, 2012

Any opinions on this company?  Rate of pay reasonable. VR or transcribe? ...

Wordzxpressed - Any Thoughts About This Company?
Oct 11, 2013

Did anyone else take their Orthopedics employment test and find it eerily NOT difficult?  I mean it was just plain easy. What's up with that? There has to be a catch. Any thoughts about this company? Current or past employees? ...

WordZXpressed Offered Position
Oct 16, 2013

I just wanted to share this post since many people have questioned the legitimacy of this company and their testing process.  I tested for this position only hours after the job was posted.  I heard back from them on Monday morning stating that I passed the test and was offered an interview.  I had the interview this morning and EVERYTHING was very professional, legitimate, and promising.  I was offered a position, gladly accepted, and cannot wait to get started!  I wish ...

Any Info On Wordzxpressed? Pay On Time? Any Negatives?
Jan 11, 2010

nm ...

Question About WordZXpressed Line Count
Jun 13, 2011

Do they pay by 65-character line with/without spaces?  ...

Anyone With Info On WordZXpressed Transcription Services, Not Much On This Board
Nov 09, 2011

. ...

ORO FAIR NIX
May 20, 2010

... when dictators say "ORO-FAIR-NIX" for oropharynx or "LAIR-NIX" for larynx?  When they think of lynx do they say "LNIX" or manx and say "MNAX" ??  :) ...

Fair Pay??
Mar 24, 2012

This may have been discussed before, and if so, I missed it, but SR seems to be getting worse and worse all the time (and I use M*Modal for two different MTSOs), picking up less and less of what is actually said.  This is even on very clear-speaking dictators.  Some have been to the point of SR getting maybe 2 words right in 2 sentences.  In this case, I'm actually "typing," but getting paid the SR rate.  It struck me that the only fair way to be paid would be to be paid ...

How Is It Fair
Jan 08, 2014

Everyone of my accounts now requires manual addition of CCs and/or manual addition of ADT information and I don't get compensated? This rots, getting ready to quit. ...

Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

I think a fair wage should be in relation to the economy, that which allows you to meet your baseline financial needs without having to work a second job or long hours.  I worked for a service back in the early 80s for 6.5 cents per line.  Today, nearly 30 years later, they're offering 7.5 cents per line, yet costs are sky-high.   It's pathetic.  It's sweatshop third world.  It's true, we're stuck with the way things are, but ...

US Fair Labor Act
Sep 20, 2011

(e)Study of effects of foreign production on unemployment; report to President and CongressWhenever the Secretary has reason to believe that in any industry under this chapter the competition of foreign producers in United States markets or in markets abroad, or both, has resulted, or is likely to result, in increased unemployment in the United States, he shall undertake an investigation to gain full information with respect to the matter. If he determines such increased unemployment has in fact ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Is 14 Cpl Fair For Experienced IC?
Mar 28, 2012

I have been an IC for over 5 years and have decided to increase my rates from 12 cpl to 14 cpl.  In doing that, one of my doctors is thinking about replacing me.  I thought 14 cpl was a fair rate.  What does everyone else think? ...

How Do They Call This Fair?
Aug 15, 2013

So, I have a VR job and the VR is just bad.  I FINALLY got to where I could make around $11.00 per hour and was thinking okay, maybe this won't be so bad.  Well, just as I got up to where I could make a decent living, my MTSO decides to do a random audit and completely tore my reports apart.  There were NO critical errors and no errors that affected the content of the report, just things like commas in the wrong place, using a comma when dictator said "and" and other simple t ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...

Fair Line Rate For SC
Jan 04, 2010

I am starting up my own MT Business and want to make sure I am not over/under charging.  I was thinking 12 cents a line.  Is this too much/too little? I am currently working for a MT business and I am making 8 cents a line but that company is located in Virginia so I cannot really use them as  comparison of what to charge the doctor's offices.  Please advise! ...

Fair Standards Act/getting Together On This Stuff
Jan 04, 2010

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems like with all the screwing over that some of these companies do to us (and I know it's no accident that they don't encourage us to communicate amongst ourselves), few people here are suggesting some way of getting together to "encourage" the companies we work for to screw us over less, or at least less painfully. I know there's a Fair Standards act, for example, that supposedly covers even us (working on production). Whi ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

It's Not Fair To Get Paid 1 Cpl For !@#$ Who Can't Talk
Oct 03, 2010

:(((((( ...

Since I Jumped Up And Down When There Was No Work, It Seems Only Fair Sm
Jan 09, 2011

to say that the work famine seems to be over at SoftScript ... whew!  I still think it was poor management and overhiring that made it as bad as it was, especially since I work for another MTSO who had work constantly throughout the holidays.   Still, I'm happy to see things flowing better so that maybe now I can make an accurate assessment as to whether it is worth it to me to stay. ...