A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

whats a fair price - Dude Mom

Posted: Jan 20, 2010

Hi all,

Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair.

Thanks, Dude Mom

I'm in Washington also... - anotherMT

[ In Reply To ..]
and I've sent you an email...if for some reason you don't get it, post again and let me know.

Similar Messages:

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...

Help Me Price This Please?
Feb 09, 2012

How much would you charge per line (or hour) for a 4 doc family practice office?  I don't have the first clue but have just been given this opportunity after working at a national for 7 cpl straight typing.  ...

What Price Experience?
Oct 11, 2009

I've been working doing transcription full time for a small privately owned company for over a year.  I am nearly done with my certification and lucked into this job through a friend.  I am also a Medical Assitant and work full time at another job (nonmedical...I relocated and have been unable to find a job in my field).  As I am learning on-the-job, I have been given a Neurologist, Urologist, Pain Management and Orthopedic Surgeon as my full time doctors.  I don't ...

Price To Charge
May 04, 2013

What would you charge for a private account if you had to use a printer and had to pick up and deliver the work? ...

Just How Much Work To Ya Think MM Gets Done For 1/2 Price By
Sep 13, 2014

s ...

MTSO Getting Full Price And Paying 4 To MT
Jan 05, 2010

I just got a solicitation that an MTSO in Florida is for sale. It gives a breakdown of their accounts (not by name)showing how much they are charging the provider and how much they are paying the MT. For VR, they are getting 11 to 11.5 cpl and only paying the MT 4 cpl. FYI ...

Is Instant Text Worth The Price
Mar 03, 2010

I am thinking of investing into an expander program but wondering if Instant Text is worth the price.  If it is I have no problem spending the money but how comparable are others out there?  I can't find enough info online to satisfy me for which way to turn.  Thanks!   Tami ...

Question On Current Price/line And More.
Oct 11, 2010

My current account (hospital ER) is switching to a different system where I will connect via the internet and type live into their system. We have been on the PC Anywhere system for years. I have been charging .12/line gross line count. The new system will count 65 characters/line. I think I will need to charge more to keep my pay equal. With this account, I cover stats Mon through Fri with no extra charge. I have 12 years experience and re-read and verify to make everything as perfect as h ...

Whats Next
May 17, 2010

I started a new extremely hard account March 1.  One month later, I was audited. I don't think its fair that I should be expected 98% on a new horrible account I was still learning as of a month?  Considering we used to even get paid well hourly for the first few months learning/adjusting to new accounts? Now its been 1 1/2 months, I'm being audited this very minute.  I didn't combine ileal with another word and I get a critical major error to minimal imp ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

Whats Up With FastChart
Jul 13, 2011

Whats up with FastChart...Do they make the AAMT rules?  Has anyone experience with this company? ...

Whats The Word On NOWtranscription?
Jun 27, 2011

Anybody currently work there willing to share what its like there?  I looked through all of June and didn't find anything on this company, and its kind of hard to search the archives due to their name.  But their ad sounds promising, so I sent a resume.  Any info good or bad on them would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Whats The Word On US Career Institute??
May 24, 2010

I know someone who wants to train as an MT- Thats been decided already. What's the best place to do it in?? ...

Whats The Difference In Fulltime And Parttime
Jan 05, 2011

Can someone please tell me the difference in full time and part time.   I see mostly listings for full time and wonder how it differs from what I am currently doing as far as production. I currently work part time at a minimum of 500 lines a day as an IC.  I am wondering if I go full time what I can look forward to as far as work load.   Does it just vary from company to company? ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

Whats Up With The Ispswitch Mail Thingy
Feb 14, 2013

Not that I believe my TSM has sent a message or anything, but it would be nice to be able to check... ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

ORO FAIR NIX
May 20, 2010

... when dictators say "ORO-FAIR-NIX" for oropharynx or "LAIR-NIX" for larynx?  When they think of lynx do they say "LNIX" or manx and say "MNAX" ??  :) ...

Fair Pay??
Mar 24, 2012

This may have been discussed before, and if so, I missed it, but SR seems to be getting worse and worse all the time (and I use M*Modal for two different MTSOs), picking up less and less of what is actually said.  This is even on very clear-speaking dictators.  Some have been to the point of SR getting maybe 2 words right in 2 sentences.  In this case, I'm actually "typing," but getting paid the SR rate.  It struck me that the only fair way to be paid would be to be paid ...

How Is It Fair
Jan 08, 2014

Everyone of my accounts now requires manual addition of CCs and/or manual addition of ADT information and I don't get compensated? This rots, getting ready to quit. ...

Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

I think a fair wage should be in relation to the economy, that which allows you to meet your baseline financial needs without having to work a second job or long hours.  I worked for a service back in the early 80s for 6.5 cents per line.  Today, nearly 30 years later, they're offering 7.5 cents per line, yet costs are sky-high.   It's pathetic.  It's sweatshop third world.  It's true, we're stuck with the way things are, but ...

US Fair Labor Act
Sep 20, 2011

(e)Study of effects of foreign production on unemployment; report to President and CongressWhenever the Secretary has reason to believe that in any industry under this chapter the competition of foreign producers in United States markets or in markets abroad, or both, has resulted, or is likely to result, in increased unemployment in the United States, he shall undertake an investigation to gain full information with respect to the matter. If he determines such increased unemployment has in fact ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Is 14 Cpl Fair For Experienced IC?
Mar 28, 2012

I have been an IC for over 5 years and have decided to increase my rates from 12 cpl to 14 cpl.  In doing that, one of my doctors is thinking about replacing me.  I thought 14 cpl was a fair rate.  What does everyone else think? ...

How Do They Call This Fair?
Aug 15, 2013

So, I have a VR job and the VR is just bad.  I FINALLY got to where I could make around $11.00 per hour and was thinking okay, maybe this won't be so bad.  Well, just as I got up to where I could make a decent living, my MTSO decides to do a random audit and completely tore my reports apart.  There were NO critical errors and no errors that affected the content of the report, just things like commas in the wrong place, using a comma when dictator said "and" and other simple t ...

Fair Charge Per Line In GA
Jan 01, 2010

I'm thinking about trying to go out and get my own doctor's office and have a question about what is a fair rate per line in the state of Georgia. I've been doing some research but there seems to be a huge range. Can anyone tell me if $0.18/line seems fair? Thank you for any help or information!!!! ...

Fair Line Rate For SC
Jan 04, 2010

I am starting up my own MT Business and want to make sure I am not over/under charging.  I was thinking 12 cents a line.  Is this too much/too little? I am currently working for a MT business and I am making 8 cents a line but that company is located in Virginia so I cannot really use them as  comparison of what to charge the doctor's offices.  Please advise! ...

Fair Standards Act/getting Together On This Stuff
Jan 04, 2010

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place, but it seems like with all the screwing over that some of these companies do to us (and I know it's no accident that they don't encourage us to communicate amongst ourselves), few people here are suggesting some way of getting together to "encourage" the companies we work for to screw us over less, or at least less painfully. I know there's a Fair Standards act, for example, that supposedly covers even us (working on production). Whi ...