A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

it's not fair to get paid 1 cpl for !@#$ who can't talk - nm

Posted: Oct 03, 2010

:((((((

3% less for lines - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
In my case 3% of the 8 cpl rate and 3% off the 5.34 cpl rate for SR. The first 5% of lines sent for proofing don't count, as far as I was told, and anything over that, you get the new pay. I have to figure how many lines went to proofing for each type, then 5% of each of those totals to figure what is the normal rate for those lines and what is the "lower rate".

I have one dictator who I can hardly figure anything he says, and I have to leave at least 10 blanks. Now, the whole report of 200 lines counts towards this, whether we have 1 blank or 10. That 1 blank may be a "contradiction" error, or a doctor's name I can't understand.

Now they are closing down OLC and Support for any hours worked after 5 pm, which is my shift.

its not 3%, its 3 cpl less - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

3 cents per line less - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
If I get 5.34 cpl now for SR, for anything more than 5% of those lines sent to proofing, I would get 3 cents per line less, so therefore I would get 2.34 cents per line.

3 cents per line less - MTr
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. You don't have to calculate ASR and straight typing separately. Anything over 5% that goes to QA is 3 cents less. Make sure you send only those reports that you believe QA can fill in, otherwise send to client--or you might as well pay MQ for working.

It sure isn't. That's why I refuse to send mush-mouths - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
to QA. If they contact me about it, I will be happy to have them pull up a report where I left tons of blanks and listen and see if someone else can get it. If they CAN'T - they are NOT lowering MY pay because of it. So far, I haven't been contacted when I have done this. I do try my best but you can only do so much. It's not like we WANT to leave blanks, after all, don't get paid for QA markers. MQ are idiots.

They are NOT lowering your pay?? Maybe not but then they will - NOT be sending you any work. nm Your choice.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Um, no they haven't YET I said. That only means that - Kiki1

[ In Reply To ..]
so far I haven't sent over 5%. However, I notice on a daily basis the work I get is of worse and worse quality, even more mush-mouths, more unfamiliar accounts, so it's only a matter of time before it goes over 5%. At which point I don't WANT them sending me any work so I can practically do it for them for FREE? No freaking thanks.

I was contacted - by QA

[ In Reply To ..]
for one of those idiot ESLs. They said the client complained. I have since sent 2 holey reports to them. They STILL can't get the blanks and sent the reports on to the client. I'm keeping track of those documents, the reasons I couldn't understand the blanks, how many blanks, and now I'm going to call THEM on it. You're right. Why should we pay when the client still gets blanks in the reports??? It's simply MQ dipping into our wallets and can't be legal IMO.

Similar Messages:

There Was Talk Of CA Employees Not Getting Paid Breaks.
May 13, 2015

Has anyone filed a wage claim yet?  Just curious how that is going.  ...

What Is A Fair Rate Per Audio Minute? Is 0.6 Okay? I've Never Been Paid That Way Before
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

She Dictates "He Is Fair Com Plected" Meaning He Has A Fair Complexion
Feb 08, 2010

Good morning all - I'm trying for a dermatologist today.  Not my usual account.  She dictates "He is fair com plected" meaning he has a fair complexion.  What is the right way to spell complected? I googled it, came up with a lot of variations and nothing concrete.  Thanks for your time!  ...

I Get Paid By The Minutes Typed. Is There Anyone Else Out There That Gets Paid By The Minute.
Mar 01, 2012

I was curious if any other MTs are getting paid by the minute too. Replies are welcomed. I am required to get 131 minutes for an 8 hour shift. We get incentive if over. We also use VR, so that helps, and we have weighted doctors. Thanks, MeL ...

QA Talk
May 03, 2011

Over my many years in this industry, I have worked with tons of QA folks.  I was also one of them.  Most of them were great.  Also always wondered why everything does not go thru QA.  They QA all kinds of products in other industries like food products, toys, cars, etcetera.  ...

For Anyone To Come On Here And Talk About
Mar 20, 2014

yet unrealized position is just plain unprofessional. What reaction did you really expect? What was the purpose? Right now you have a piece of paper and a promise. Why not wait out the 6 months and then 2 long Mmodal years and then come back and share your journey of a lifetime. Don't forget, they once sold VR as the ticket to tripling your wages. Now that that train has run off the tracks, they need a new "dream" to suck you in. The promise of #30/hour is probably nothing more t ...

All This Monitoring Talk
Jun 24, 2010

I realize we work on production and that we're not making money when our fingers aren't moving, but I don't think there are too many jobs where you're actually actively working for the entire 8-hour shift.  There's always downtime.  I understand it being a problem if people aren't producing a reasonable amount of work during their shift, but come on!  Being chastised for stepping away from the keyboard for a bathroom break or to grab a cup of coffee i ...

Please Talk Me Down From Self-destruction
Apr 28, 2011

To make a long story short, I don't agree with QA scores I was given at my job.  I received an e-mail about it and need to reply nicely and suck it up, not unleash and possibly get fired. lol. I have to keep this job and need the money. Please talk me down. It's sad how medical transcription companies expect you to be 100% perfect. It seems like the MT is always wrong. Not QA, not the supervisors, not the presidents of the company. Whenever things go wrong, the MT alway ...

Let's Talk About The Pay We Deserve, Shall We?
Dec 01, 2011

Just for the sake of simplification, let's say there are 3 kinds of MTs: 1.  The MT who does absolutely any work type; operative notes, radiology, hematology, cardiology, neurology, and all the hard stuff, including difficult ESLs.  Good audits and production.  Good at VR. This MT is also certified. 2.  The MT who is not certified but has at least 10 years experience, many specialties, ESLs, good audits, VR, and excellent production. 3.  The newbie who ...

I Have To Thank All Of You Who Talk About Law Suits
May 14, 2012

You've made this board so completely boring that I no longer feel the need to come here every day.    ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

What Is All This Talk About Using F11 All Of A Sudden?
Sep 19, 2012

I used it ONCE and got an e mail from my CCM to PROVE in Remedy and cc her where it needed to be straight typed.  I was told even if I could, to NEVER EVER use it again.  She meant it. So why do I see several threads and suggestions here about people using F11 a lot or suggesting we use it all the time?  I used it ONCE and got called down.  The ONLY reason I was excused was I put in Remedy the job number and a good reason.  However, I was WARNED STRONGLY to NE ...

Let's Talk About Spark!
Oct 28, 2013

Okay seriously..  Spark, the new instant messenger for Nuance times out for inactivity every 4 minutes, obviously set that way by Nuance since the Spark instruction page on their own website says it times out every 20 minutes.  Here's to the Nuance Police and their new "big brother" software! ...

ORO FAIR NIX
May 20, 2010

... when dictators say "ORO-FAIR-NIX" for oropharynx or "LAIR-NIX" for larynx?  When they think of lynx do they say "LNIX" or manx and say "MNAX" ??  :) ...

Fair Pay??
Mar 24, 2012

This may have been discussed before, and if so, I missed it, but SR seems to be getting worse and worse all the time (and I use M*Modal for two different MTSOs), picking up less and less of what is actually said.  This is even on very clear-speaking dictators.  Some have been to the point of SR getting maybe 2 words right in 2 sentences.  In this case, I'm actually "typing," but getting paid the SR rate.  It struck me that the only fair way to be paid would be to be paid ...

How Is It Fair
Jan 08, 2014

Everyone of my accounts now requires manual addition of CCs and/or manual addition of ADT information and I don't get compensated? This rots, getting ready to quit. ...

More Silly Union Talk
Jan 31, 2011

Before responding, please read this post carefully. Yes, I’m talking union here, but NOT an MT union which would be pointless. Unfortunately we’ve missed that opportunity. Also, this post is intended for experienced professional MTs and include my thoughts on several topics that started down below. And hold onto your hats; this is a long one.   I’ve chimed in on this subject before, but I wanted to make an official post to put it out there and get valuable feedback fro ...

The Reality Of The UNION Talk
Apr 25, 2011

The only person REALLY interested is apparently the person who recently posted.  ****** This followup is posted mostly to point out the REALITY and that's that MTs will NEVER unionize :)  It's just a topic that comes up, everybody creates fervor for their POV and then it all goes away (thank goodness)!   ...

Inscribe - Talk About Unprofessional
Sep 10, 2011

Talk about unprofessional.  Michael at Inscribe calls at 7:00 a.m. for an interview.  Then, when I call back 4 hours later, it is a home number, and Roy answers, hello.  I ask to speak to Michael, Roy seems dazed and confused.  Again I ask to speak to Michael about a job interview.  Roy puts the phone down and yells for Michael, and tells him he has an interview on the phone.  Michael picks up the phone, also dazed and confused.  I explain that I am returning his call, that he had left me ...

Farm Talk (A Bit Earthy)
Feb 03, 2012

So, it's true.  I grew up on a farm.  We had cows and stuff like that.  And in my early wanderings around the place, I happened to notice certain - er, differences, shall we say - among the animals.  I lay no claim to being particularly sharp-eyed, because these differences were more or less at eye level to me at that age.  You couldn't miss 'em if you tried. Of course, this led to certain awkward questions, and in turn I received this memo under my cerea ...

Too Much Talk Of Striking Lately, But Can We As A Group Of MTs
May 10, 2012

Let's face it, striking will do no good.  Complaining about off-shoring has done no good, unless that will cease at a national level for all industries.  Complaining about pay is doing no good, since there is always an MT that will take a job at any rate.  What can we do? What if instead of a strike, all MTs did only the minimum line requirement for a week?  I think many, many MTs should go the Labor Board and file a complaint: If a company requires you to clock in an ...

Do You Talk Out Loud To Your Dictators
Jul 26, 2012

I do.  My faithful dog who sits beside me all day must think I am talking to him, but sometimes when they say the most idiotic things I just feel compelled to respond out loud.  It does make me feel better.  On the flipside of that, I wonder if the dictators are thinking to themselves while dictating that they sure hope I don't leave any blanks so they have to fill them in. It would be fun (?) to get together with some doctors and have a session of "To Tell The Truth A ...

Dictators Who Love To Talk
Apr 07, 2013

Some dictators really like talking into that dictaphone and telling stories (literally novels) about their patients... but , the more these guys talk (blab, rather) - the more money I get! So, it's a doube-edged sword in this regard. The downside is that it's sooooooooo irritating and frustrating to keep typing as they go on and on and on and on and on and on until the cows come home! You wonder when the dictation will end! What do you guys think? Does anyone else get "story telling" ...

Went To Talk To A Lawyer Today....
Nov 20, 2014

.....been going on with my job as a medical transcriptionist for the last several years to see if I had any legal recourse (I don't).  Anyway, while we were talking I found out that he did not have a secretary/receptionst.  I told him if he was ever looking for one that I would be interested.  Then we got to talking about becoming a paralegal, and he said "you really don't want to do that".  He basically said lawyers can be jerks to work with, and when you are ...

Fair Wages
Feb 18, 2011

I think a fair wage should be in relation to the economy, that which allows you to meet your baseline financial needs without having to work a second job or long hours.  I worked for a service back in the early 80s for 6.5 cents per line.  Today, nearly 30 years later, they're offering 7.5 cents per line, yet costs are sky-high.   It's pathetic.  It's sweatshop third world.  It's true, we're stuck with the way things are, but ...

US Fair Labor Act
Sep 20, 2011

(e)Study of effects of foreign production on unemployment; report to President and CongressWhenever the Secretary has reason to believe that in any industry under this chapter the competition of foreign producers in United States markets or in markets abroad, or both, has resulted, or is likely to result, in increased unemployment in the United States, he shall undertake an investigation to gain full information with respect to the matter. If he determines such increased unemployment has in fact ...

Fair Chance Or Not?
Mar 03, 2012

Was just wondering if you seasoned MT's think 5 weeks on a new job is a fair chance for a fairly new MT? New platform to be learned, and the dictations were from a big pool with a lot of different doctors, though not many ESL's, and QA was pretty picky. Any opinions on this? ...

Is 14 Cpl Fair For Experienced IC?
Mar 28, 2012

I have been an IC for over 5 years and have decided to increase my rates from 12 cpl to 14 cpl.  In doing that, one of my doctors is thinking about replacing me.  I thought 14 cpl was a fair rate.  What does everyone else think? ...

How Do They Call This Fair?
Aug 15, 2013

So, I have a VR job and the VR is just bad.  I FINALLY got to where I could make around $11.00 per hour and was thinking okay, maybe this won't be so bad.  Well, just as I got up to where I could make a decent living, my MTSO decides to do a random audit and completely tore my reports apart.  There were NO critical errors and no errors that affected the content of the report, just things like commas in the wrong place, using a comma when dictator said "and" and other simple t ...

May I Talk To An Acusis Worker Privately?
Jul 15, 2010

I have a question about benefits. ...