A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If this company REALLY cared about patient - safety like they say they do

Posted: Dec 23, 2014

the pay would be set up so that you only get 7 cents a line if you don't meet the QUALITY criteria....

The way it is now is the only way you'd get 7 cents is if you send more than 10% to QC.  You can have 85% quality and 400 lines an hour, and if you send less than 10% to QC, well your check will be nice. 

On the other hand, you could have 100% quality, 300 lines an hour (as you'd have to slow down a bit to have that 100% quality) but if you so much as sent 10.1% to QC, YOU ARE GETTING 7 CENTS A LINE. 

You do the math...the MT who had lousy quality, high production, and didn't send much to QC comes out way ahead of the MT who sacrified some production for QUALITY and got SCREWED as far as pay.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES THIS MAKE SENSE, NUANCE!! IDIOTS!!!  This is PROOF that you don't give a freaking HOOT about quality, JUST production and not having to pay as many QC people.  Just calling the pay plan "Patient Safety Compensation Plan" does NOT mean we believe you for ONE second that you care about patient safety in the least.  In fact, you are subtly (?) ENCOURAGING critical patient safety ERRORS with this punitive pay plan.

It's not about patient safety - Will

[ In Reply To ..]
It's about paying transcriptionists as little as possible. Period.

You are brilliant! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I never thought of it that way, but you are absolutely 100% spot on. This is something new AND different to strive for. Thank you.

Before I do that, however, here is something that is driving me over the edge: How a short report will really scruance you more than a long report if you make one error. It makes me not want to do short reports. I know I have to take what comes my way, but really, where is the equity in that calculus equation?

Short Reports - Are What I Get

[ In Reply To ..]
Easily 95% short reports day in and day out with deplorable dictators and audio.

LOL !! You are welcome. Although, I don't - mean to encourage anyone

[ In Reply To ..]
to shoot for production alone and say the heck with quality, it just goes to show how 2-faced they are--claiming to want quality and then rolling out this transparent, ridiculous, unfair and probably dangerous pay plan.

Similar Messages:

WMX Never Cared
Jun 21, 2011

WMX has always talked about how they never send out to India and it is an all domestic company, so what do they go and do....sell out to Nuance, an Indian company.  Guess the profit was too great for the CEO to turn down. ...

If Nuance REALLY Cared About Quality,
Feb 28, 2014

...don't you think they would do something about this speech wreck and fix it so it's not repeatedly making the same mistakes day in and day out as well as leaving out spoken words that are so clearly dictated as well as not making up stuff and putting in text that is clearly not spoken? These are the things that I get dinged on by the FIASCO cops because I'm not catching them (which IS my fault, but all the nonsense tends to run together, especially since only one space afte ...

Well I Really Thought My MTSO Cared (she Claimed She Did)
May 19, 2012

but I found out she really does not.  Instead of addressing my many concerns (mainly QA telling me I am wrong and am not), she blew me off basically saying there is only so much she can do.  Yeah right.  Welp she proved to me that she really does not care.  My time here is so limited!!!  I wish I could just tell them what to do with this lousy paying job!! ...

Company Called Patient First In VA
Jun 28, 2012

If you want to work as an employee, try Patient First in VA.  They pay by the line, never run out of work, pay hourly wage if any unforeseen downtime, and type straight dictation.  If you can type dictation non-verbatim, this might work for you.  Check on CareerBuilder or Monster jobs.  I was not able to type non-verbatim, just against my ethics. ...

Patient First Transcription - Any Recent Experience With This Company
Dec 14, 2011

Wondered if anyone has any recent experience with this company. Considering an offer but hesitant because of long delays in communication with HR. Thanks.     ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Can Someone Suggest A Company That Hires IC? I Can't Work For A Company That Offers Insurance.
Feb 17, 2014

Xx ...

I Want To Find A Different Company, But My Fear Is That MQ Will Only Swallow That Company
Jul 15, 2011

up and I'd be back at square one, making no more than their "maximums."  I wonder, are this new maximum pay going to stay the same (or lower)?  I mean, in 5 or 10 years (if we are still here) will it be the same?  Or less?  I think so. ...

On Company Board, Under Post You Quit A Company
Sep 11, 2011

what's going on? ...

What Would Be An Ideal Company? I Would Like To Build That Company.
Mar 31, 2010

We are a pretty big company, and we think we know what transcriptionists want, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  There are a lot of top people in our industry that are finding themselves without jobs, often without notice, both managers and transcriptionists.  I think that the tide is turning, and that we need to make sure that we treat our people right, so if you could take a few minutes and answer this, maybe we can make a difference.  I am asking for real answers, ones that ar ...

I Wanted To Add A Company To The Bad Company List And
Apr 21, 2012

one to stay away from.  Integrity.  They test you, claim they are checking your references and then when you email asking if they got hold of the references, crickets.  Not a word from them.  This has been a few weeks, too.  If they are this rude just during the recruiting process, I hate to think what working for them would be like. ...

MDOfficeManager (company) - Anyone Have Information On This Company?
Aug 31, 2014

Has anyone heard of a company called MDOfficeManager?  I was interested but I do not like the way they require SSN and other personal information up front before allowing the applicant to proceed with other parts of the application, including online tests.  I have heard there are fake websites for job applications.  Thanks. ...

Nuance... Bad Company Or Worst Company Ever.
May 15, 2015

Some days are more aggravating than others with this company.   ...

How Do I Look Up A Company On The Company Board?
Nov 09, 2009

I'm trying to do research on some companies before applying.  Can anyone tell me how to do this or if it is possible to do this yet on MTStars?  Also if you know of other web sites that are good for this type of research, that would be helpful as well. ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...

MS Patient
Sep 24, 2012

The sentence is: Relapsing-remitting MS with accumulated disability involving left hemiparesis, clincally stable on Tysabri and S/L JCE negative. I hear the negative part, not sure if he is saying JCE?  Thanks for any help! ...

Patient's Age
Sep 26, 2012

When given a young patient's age, one of my doctors will say "the patient is 9+11 years old."  I have never heard a patient's age dictated this way before and I'm just wondering if anyone else has.  ...

Patient First Pay
Feb 02, 2014

Has anyone worked for Patient First company? They have several urgent care clinics in eastern US. If so, may I ask your starting pay? Are they a good company to work for? Do they keep a FT position in plenty of work? Thanks ...

Patient First FYI
Jun 11, 2014

Just FYI....I applied to PF about 3-4 months ago. Took the transcription test, thought I did great, never heard a word. Today out of the blue, got a call that I had done great on testing and they would like to offer me a position.  I said thanks but no thanks since I'm no longer looking for a job. She told me that they are currently looking for lots of MTs due to opening several new facilities. Just thought I would pass this along to anyone who is interested in jumping on and taking ...

What's Going On At Patient First?
Feb 19, 2015

There are indeed a lot of jobs posted for support positions. ...