A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Babbletype - Don't waste your time on this guy - RainyDay

Posted: May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report right if it has anything in it other than medical terms, let alone an entire audio file full of conversational dictation in corporate and general dictation files.

Thanks for posting this. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not Worth It - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't bother with the testing after he sent the very long email describing all that was involved. I knew then it wasn't worth it.

I also did not respond to the lengthy e-mail as it - made it clear I would be working for nothing, nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh, not to mention the fact for every $100 you make for this - company, you have to pay $10, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
to their contractor service they use to handle processing payments to you. The e-mail clearly stated it was set up so the QA can earn at least $10 an hour. Definitely not worth my time as an IC.

Thanks for the warning. nm - Rainy

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Contract employee with Babbletype - Gail

[ In Reply To ..]
I am very interested to hear more.
I've been a contract employee for a week and am very dissatisfied with what they pay me. A whole $.17 per audio minutes. So I got paid $ 3.50 last week, I worked 23 hours because I'm slow & learning.
So this week I've done just over 40 minutes (Monday--Thursday) which only equals $24! That's highway robbery!
You said what I told my husband--the foreigners doing the actual data entry from the audio have all kinds of errors! Then it goes against my time because I have so much to fix and I make pennies.
I'm thinking of quitting. I really LOVE proofreading and editing, will be 57 years old in August, with over 30 years in office work. I can get more $ on unemployment and selling on eBay.
IF you able to reply to me ASAP, that'd be great! IF not, no worries. Thank you!

Gail in Arizona

Babbletype is a SCAM! - hardlesson

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so glad to see your comments! SO TRUE!! I only worked a week for Babbletype, 7 days, 54 hours, paid total of $26.86
Now they said something to the unemployment office and my benefits have been denied! I was collecting from a job I had for one year! Now I'm being punished because a dishonest, greed loving company told more lies!
We are broke, no $ for gas or groceries, rent is questionable, and I waited 4 weeks for the State to tell this--I am denied!! I have written the Governor's office, the Attorney General's office and may have to hire an attorney. FYI, BabbleGlass is another of John Feldcamp's babies--this company teaches other companies "how to outsource their jobs"! At a time when America could use more jobs. AND they don't tell you the "mandatory" training is not paid! Anything you do for this company outside of "editing" is unpaid! They only pay $.17 per audio minute & the time to correct the foreigners data file from transcription makes you lose money because it takes so much time! What a racket! I hope more people complain so others won't be caught up with all those links on Google and the A- rating on the BBB (which companies can "buy"). The CEO and COO are not true Americans, they are only for themselves and have really strict job duties for the Americans while the foreigners get away with very poor quality transcription.

Similar Messages:

A Big Waste Of Time
Jan 05, 2010

Got Duped again. Send my resume in, got ASKED to test, Feel I did excellent on the test, but get a mail back saying that they cannot hire me at this time. Knowing that no one ever gives you any explanation as to why you fail, I went ahead and sent a mail asking why.   The answer I received really threw me off. The answer was: "We require at least 3 years experience to hire".   My resume clearly states that I have almost 2 years exp so they made me test for absolutely NOTHING! GREAT ...

What A Waste Of My Time
Apr 08, 2014

Spent a long time testing this weekend to a company who shall remain nameless.  objective test really tough but I aced it. 5 dictations....I scored 96.6 out of 97. not good enuf. 19 years means nothing? on to bigger and better pastures... ...

Mttest.com - What A Waste Of My Time
Sep 17, 2010

I just had to say that when I see a company looking for MTs and they have to test through mttest, I cross them off my list of potential employment.  What a waste of my time.  Took it years ago and would never do it again.  There has to be some other way or just look at a person's resume and phone previous employers.  If I have over 25 years of experience, took pride in getting my CMT and have tons of experience in every specialty, chances are I am a good bet.  Just venting. ...

Dont Waste Your Time Trying To Fix ASR
Apr 17, 2012

One instance I sent something in and THEY spelled it wrong and blamed us for spelling it wrong in the reports..the rest of them I get,,, "I checked and there is nothing in the system for that to be happening...the MTs are doing it wrong so that ASR is picking it up and making it print out that way"  perhaps your manager needs to send out a message...Well if you mark it NEVER to capitalize then it should never capitalize and even if they are right how come on one report the stuff is capped a ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Waste Your Time Responding To Any
Sep 24, 2012

MJOL ads.  This is a service requesting you to pay $110 for 3 months for their service!!  Complete waste of time!! ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Reversal Requests --why Do I Waste My Time?
Apr 16, 2015

Sent in request, my TM sent in on for next level.  Well, the powers above decided my placement of period and/or comma impacted the integrity of the record and should be scored as incorrect verbage rather than punctuation. The 1 point for verbage as opposed to .25 for punctuation makes that short report a fail.  Give us a frigging break.  Don't know why I waste my time.  Just when I calm down and think "working here isn't so bad", something l ...

Is Coding A Waste Of Time And Is It Really Be Outsourced To India?
May 20, 2010

this is quite worrisome! ...

So Free With Advice - Don't Waste Your Time/money
Mar 21, 2011

On the newbie page is yet another thread with nothing but mindless- "don't waste your money/time" posts from supposedly experienced MTs. Like it or not, MT isn't disappearing.  Neither is AHDI.  Like it or not, credentialing is going to be a fact of life if you're an MT.  I'm no big fan of AHDI either, but I have paid enough attention to what's going on in the industry to know what the wind is bringing in. The MTs who do little more than bash and dash, w ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

Anything About Babbletype?
Jun 15, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Babbletype?  Good or bad?  Thanks. ...

Babbletype, Anyone?
Nov 07, 2012

Noticed old job posting from Babbletype. Pluses/minuses, please? ...

Babbletype?
Dec 27, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of  Babbletype or have any experience with this company? Thanks. ...

Babbletype And Babbleglass
Jun 14, 2012

Babbletype advertised here a couple weeks ago.  Anyone actually worked there and have anything to share?  I noted that the same people own Babbleglass, and according to the Babbleglass website, actively advertise that they can help companies save mony by offshoring work.  So, I wonder what type of work they offer the US transcriptionists?  Do they pay well?  IC or employee?  Do they follow the IRS rules for each?  The reason I'm asking here is to seek answ ...

Babbletype - Twice To Work
Jun 20, 2012

I have tried now twice to work for this company and the directions are so convuluted I cannot figure it out.  I wish you good luck and if anyone figures out how to ATTEMPT to work please let me know the secret.  Thanks, Frustrated. ...

If Anyone Is Working For Babbletype
Jul 13, 2012

Curious if anyone is working for Babbletype and if the job is really worth the effort to apply. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype?
Oct 19, 2012

Has anyone worked for babbletype?  It was on the job seeker's board on this mtstars site.  I sent a resume yesterday and they want to me to do some work today and do the prequisites later. ...

Babbletype? Has Anyone Worked For Them?
Nov 21, 2012

Babbletype??? Has anyone worked for them? I am looking for part-time work nights and weekends. They replied back to me quickly so a red flag quickly went up.   ...

Babbletype - BIG BEWARE!
Dec 12, 2012

I would have to say a BIG BEWARE!! ...

Babbletype, My Expeience
Jan 23, 2013

I started working as an IC in July 2012 for this company as a QA editor. The pay for average QA work audio minute was 0.17. It would go up with the degree of difficulty. However, the higher rate jobs were not very often and were extremely difficult to hear and took a long time to even QA the horrible mistakes of the DE. In the seven months I worked for them I had maybe four emails from them with errors in my work. I recently had a very, very minor error. It had been since October with no emails ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype
Jan 23, 2014

Has anyone worked for Babbletype? ...

Any Experience With Babbletype
Feb 24, 2014

Does anyone out here have any experience with Babbletype. I have seen them advertising several different places. Checked and they are in good standing with BBB. ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

BABBLETYPE - They Offer One Rate And Pay Another
Jan 22, 2013

BABBLETYPE! too much babbling too many chiefs not enough indians. Not enough work. Cheated on pay sale. Treated like crap. Run from Babbletype. Run as fast as you can. They offer one rate and pay another. ...

Babbletype Ad Under Jobs Is Not Accurate
Feb 25, 2013

Ad says 0.90 per minute for verbatim transcription.  But when you click on their link to take their test it says 0.25 per minute, which they say translates to a steady income of $100 per week.  They are obviously not gearing their ad toward U.S. transcriptionists as none of us can live on that. ...

COMPANY RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS ABOUT BABBLETYPE
Apr 23, 2013

Hi. My name is John Feldcamp and I’m the CEO of Babbletype. I’ve been reading this discussion thread over for the first time and have decided to respond to the comments below. I’m doubtful if I’m making the right choice in doing so, since there are certain people who, once they decide you are the enemy, don’t much care about the finer points of what may or may actually not be true. But on the other hand, MT Stars has brought us many great people that have done well ...

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

Recent (as Of 11/12/2013) Information On Babbletype
Nov 13, 2013

I tested with the company and about 2-3 weeks later, received an email from them stating I had done well on their test and was offered employment as an IC.  In order to test for them, I had to install Google Chrome (making for a total of 4 internet browsers now on my computer).  I felt the testing procedure was a bit cumbersome, but managed to muddle my way through it.  However, the test was a piece of cake, when compared to actually working for this company.  You HAVE to use ...