A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Babbletype ad under jobs is not accurate - jobseeker

Posted: Feb 25, 2013

Ad says 0.90 per minute for verbatim transcription.  But when you click on their link to take their test it says 0.25 per minute, which they say translates to a steady income of $100 per week.  They are obviously not gearing their ad toward U.S. transcriptionists as none of us can live on that.

And it says Philippine time. They must have goofed on the application link. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably 2 different pay rates, one U.S. and one offshore.

Similar Messages:

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

TTD Pay Accurate?
May 07, 2012

Do they pay on time and is pay accurate?  Is it 8 cpl?  Thanks. ...

Editscript VR Only 50% Accurate
Mar 05, 2010

So you get a report where the text has been typed by a computer. Then you must edit it. My sources (a large regional hospital MT Dept) tells me that the computer generated text is only 50% accurate, a far cry from what the vendors will tell the dupes at the hospitals who are buying into this junk. ...

Does Anybody Know If LPH Stats In 7.2 Accurate?
Mar 28, 2013

Mine shows consistently over the 150 minimum and sometimes over 200, but my supervisor keeps saying I am below 150, and you know what that means..... ...

Even With Accurate ASR, Still Minimum Wage.
Mar 18, 2013

I had a couple of ASR reports that were stellar, being of the quality we were promised (of course, not from my usual accounts), and yet, the lph was still around minimum wage (hovering around 200). What's up with that!? The new statistics graphic shows the proof. Geez, they keep handing us more and more proof that earning a living wage doing ASR for MM is hopeless. Anyone doing at least 300 lph without having dictator standard reports? ...

Line Counts Accurate?
Sep 14, 2013

Over the last 2 pay periods, I have noticed my line counts not being as high as usual.  I have not changed anything and Im still doing the same hospitals.  I wonder did they stop paying for canned dictation?  That would not be right, sometimes that takes longer than just editing or typing because the doctor wants to change this, put in that, remove this.  It is not like we are just bringing up templates.  This job is so stressful.  I just want to be able to sit down ...

MM ASR Shows Off Even More Talent (in Not Being Accurate)
Nov 01, 2013

ASR replaced the dictated generic with the brand name of the drug. What the heck??? Now it is prescribing brand-name medications along with diagnosing patients and doing physical examinations. MM ASR is certainly multi-talented. ...

Does It Seem Like The Line Counts Are Not Accurate? SM
Jan 24, 2014

It seems like I am still working as hard and doing as many reports, but my line count is lower.  I was wondering if is just me?  Did they change the format or something? ...

Check This Out! How Accurate! (inside)
May 19, 2014

Nuance ES MTs. How Do You Keep Accurate Count Of Your Lines?
Feb 15, 2011

When I was Encompass, we used MT Monitor for EditScript, which did a fairly good job.  I never much paid attention to the Alt + x Metrics because of using MT Monitor pretty exlusively.  Now, since MT Monitor is soon to be nixed, apparently, it has stopped counting lines (just characters, but I can divide those by 65) and is missing whole reports over periods of time for me.  But Metrics is even worse.  It's recording only about 2/3 of my reports, if that.  I don&# ...

Nuance Line Counts Are Accurate?
Apr 05, 2014

Nuance gives me my line counts and they are loaded onto WebClock.  I have no idea what reports they are counting.  How do you know if the Nuance line counts are accurate?  I worked for several other companies and not only did they give the line counts but a tally of the reports that were counted.  So if I kept a log of daily reports I could compare to the total of reports that the company was counting.  With Nuance there is no way to know what reports they are counting.  I am on Dictaphone ...

Anything About Babbletype?
Jun 15, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Babbletype?  Good or bad?  Thanks. ...

Babbletype, Anyone?
Nov 07, 2012

Noticed old job posting from Babbletype. Pluses/minuses, please? ...

Babbletype?
Dec 27, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of  Babbletype or have any experience with this company? Thanks. ...

Fluency Statistics Not Accurate For My Latest Shift
Dec 04, 2012

After a complete 8-hour shift, my statistics in Fluency as well as my Job Upload History in DocQScribe show me as having corrected (SR) 9 reports for a whopping total of 357 lines.  There is no way that this can be correct.  Did something happen to some of my uploads or is anyone else having this problem? ...

Babbletype And Babbleglass
Jun 14, 2012

Babbletype advertised here a couple weeks ago.  Anyone actually worked there and have anything to share?  I noted that the same people own Babbleglass, and according to the Babbleglass website, actively advertise that they can help companies save mony by offshoring work.  So, I wonder what type of work they offer the US transcriptionists?  Do they pay well?  IC or employee?  Do they follow the IRS rules for each?  The reason I'm asking here is to seek answ ...

Babbletype - Twice To Work
Jun 20, 2012

I have tried now twice to work for this company and the directions are so convuluted I cannot figure it out.  I wish you good luck and if anyone figures out how to ATTEMPT to work please let me know the secret.  Thanks, Frustrated. ...

If Anyone Is Working For Babbletype
Jul 13, 2012

Curious if anyone is working for Babbletype and if the job is really worth the effort to apply. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype?
Oct 19, 2012

Has anyone worked for babbletype?  It was on the job seeker's board on this mtstars site.  I sent a resume yesterday and they want to me to do some work today and do the prequisites later. ...

Babbletype? Has Anyone Worked For Them?
Nov 21, 2012

Babbletype??? Has anyone worked for them? I am looking for part-time work nights and weekends. They replied back to me quickly so a red flag quickly went up.   ...

Babbletype - BIG BEWARE!
Dec 12, 2012

I would have to say a BIG BEWARE!! ...

Babbletype, My Expeience
Jan 23, 2013

I started working as an IC in July 2012 for this company as a QA editor. The pay for average QA work audio minute was 0.17. It would go up with the degree of difficulty. However, the higher rate jobs were not very often and were extremely difficult to hear and took a long time to even QA the horrible mistakes of the DE. In the seven months I worked for them I had maybe four emails from them with errors in my work. I recently had a very, very minor error. It had been since October with no emails ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype
Jan 23, 2014

Has anyone worked for Babbletype? ...

Any Experience With Babbletype
Feb 24, 2014

Does anyone out here have any experience with Babbletype. I have seen them advertising several different places. Checked and they are in good standing with BBB. ...

WEBMEDX - Fair And Accurate Comments By Transcriptionists Who Work For Them?
Nov 19, 2010

Webmedx has contracted to do all the transcription at our hospital and off-site radiology center.  The current transcriptionists are being offered jobs with Webmedx, at approximately 1/3 of what we were making!  There is no guarantee that they will keep us on the account and no clear definition of what a "line" is.  Current Webmedx transcriptionists please comment on the company with fair and accurate information so we can decide if we want to align ourselves with this company (if ...

Babbletype - Don't Waste Your Time On This Guy
May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report rig ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

BABBLETYPE - They Offer One Rate And Pay Another
Jan 22, 2013

BABBLETYPE! too much babbling too many chiefs not enough indians. Not enough work. Cheated on pay sale. Treated like crap. Run from Babbletype. Run as fast as you can. They offer one rate and pay another. ...

Can You Recommend An Accurate Line Counting Program For Gross Lines?
Mar 10, 2010

I have been using MPCount for several years but recently upgraded to a new laptop & it will not work on it - incompatible. I tried out their new trial version of MPTools but it does not count my gross lines the same & I would be losing more $ than I would like with it. There is something programmed into the newer version that counts differently somehow. (That was even confirmed with the person who produced this program.) Are there any other line counting software programs out t ...