A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Recent (as of 11/12/2013) information on Babbletype - nn

Posted: Nov 13, 2013

I tested with the company and about 2-3 weeks later, received an email from them stating I had done well on their test and was offered employment as an IC.  In order to test for them, I had to install Google Chrome (making for a total of 4 internet browsers now on my computer).  I felt the testing procedure was a bit cumbersome, but managed to muddle my way through it.  However, the test was a piece of cake, when compared to actually working for this company.  You HAVE to use Google Chrome as the browser, you HAVE to install Skype (both of which I was not really familiar with, and I had previously installed Skype and had gotten a nasty virus because of it).

You sent an email with instructions on how to log in (this was basically a linik), once you are logged in, the first thing you see is a HUGE spreadsheet.  You then have to search for your work according to your "contractor number."  There are 3 sets of files for the audio and you search by that according to the job # which is on the spreadsheet, you then arrow over to the link for the "template," where you also had to search through 3 different file folders, depending upon whether it was a single speaker or multiple speakers etc.  Once you get the template, you have to "strip" the instructions out of the template and from that point you could start typing in Google docs.

The second tab on this spreadsheet was their "schedule tab"  You placed the number of audio minutes you wanted each day there.  The BIGGEST PITB was the fact however, that they "assigned the work" to you by 6 p.m. EST, and the work had to be done and back to them by 2 p.m. EST  -- of course sleep was not figured into the equation at all, and you could not have work assigned to you in the morning and work until early evening.  Work was assigned to everyone at the same time and if you were working on a file and it was not completed by 2 p.m. EST, you were basically "locked out of the system."  I had completed a file about 30 minutes before the scheduled due time and all of a sudden, I had to add another contact to my Skype IM contacts.  It was one of the people who assigned work, basically "hounding me about where the file was -- I responded that I had submitted the file and I was told that "it wasn't there," and that I had to go to the spreadsheet to mark it as "complete," so that it could then be sent to QA.  Well, still being new and with their cumbersome way of doing things, it took me a while to find my contractor ID and the appropriate column on the spreadsheet.  I was hounded by this person for about 5 minutes and trying to do what I needed to do.  The breaking point for me was when I was informed that I had done the wrong file!

Thank g*d I had sent my resume in to another company.  I received an email late Satirday evening from the hiring manager asking me if I was still interested in employment and I indicated that I was.  She then sent me a brief questionnaire to fill out, on Sunday evening, which I filled out and returned.  Talked to the recruiter on Monday and was offered a position and I will start Thursday or Friday.  The best thing with this position is it is all straight typing, it is a small company and the owner of the company offers great incentive bonuses, the ICs are recognized at Christmas and on their birthdays and the owner of the company will send out emails and questionnaires basically asking what can be done to make the job easier for the MT.  When the subject of SR was brought up, the answer there was absolutely not.  I was extremely impressed as well with the way this company handles things as far as obtaining new clients and their feedback with their current contracted facilities.  I really am hoping that this will be the last MT service for me, as I have about 4 or so years before I can take early retirement.

Glad you got out of there. - Goodforyou

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for taking the time to let us all know about that company. Too bad it was a waste of your time. I don't understand why a company would want to have their system set up that way. It doesn't sound like it would be possible to make any money. I hope this new job will be the "one" until you are able to retire. Good luck to you!

New company - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Just had to share this. After running a scan all day on my computer. I finally was able to access my email and found an e-card from the person who hired me, welcoming me aboard. I thought that was a nice and extremely thoughtful touch.

Probably in India - Notorious for hounding MTs

[ In Reply To ..]
for anything and everything.

I heard Babbs was a nightmare from way back. - seems nothing has changed. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
did you read up on them in the archives?

Babbletype - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I did, however, I decided to give them a shot anyway. Thankfully, my tenure with them was short and sweet and I was able to find a regular MT job. I also today (Friday), got an email from the person who trained me, and she has left the company as well. I am still waiting for payment from them, which should have been in my PayPal account on Wednesday.

Similar Messages:

Anything About Babbletype?
Jun 15, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Babbletype?  Good or bad?  Thanks. ...

Babbletype, Anyone?
Nov 07, 2012

Noticed old job posting from Babbletype. Pluses/minuses, please? ...

Babbletype?
Dec 27, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of  Babbletype or have any experience with this company? Thanks. ...

2013 CPT
Oct 11, 2013

Looking for CPT code for excision of 1.5 cm perianal cyst.  Anyone?  ...

Babbletype And Babbleglass
Jun 14, 2012

Babbletype advertised here a couple weeks ago.  Anyone actually worked there and have anything to share?  I noted that the same people own Babbleglass, and according to the Babbleglass website, actively advertise that they can help companies save mony by offshoring work.  So, I wonder what type of work they offer the US transcriptionists?  Do they pay well?  IC or employee?  Do they follow the IRS rules for each?  The reason I'm asking here is to seek answ ...

Babbletype - Twice To Work
Jun 20, 2012

I have tried now twice to work for this company and the directions are so convuluted I cannot figure it out.  I wish you good luck and if anyone figures out how to ATTEMPT to work please let me know the secret.  Thanks, Frustrated. ...

If Anyone Is Working For Babbletype
Jul 13, 2012

Curious if anyone is working for Babbletype and if the job is really worth the effort to apply. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype?
Oct 19, 2012

Has anyone worked for babbletype?  It was on the job seeker's board on this mtstars site.  I sent a resume yesterday and they want to me to do some work today and do the prequisites later. ...

Babbletype? Has Anyone Worked For Them?
Nov 21, 2012

Babbletype??? Has anyone worked for them? I am looking for part-time work nights and weekends. They replied back to me quickly so a red flag quickly went up.   ...

Babbletype - BIG BEWARE!
Dec 12, 2012

I would have to say a BIG BEWARE!! ...

Babbletype, My Expeience
Jan 23, 2013

I started working as an IC in July 2012 for this company as a QA editor. The pay for average QA work audio minute was 0.17. It would go up with the degree of difficulty. However, the higher rate jobs were not very often and were extremely difficult to hear and took a long time to even QA the horrible mistakes of the DE. In the seven months I worked for them I had maybe four emails from them with errors in my work. I recently had a very, very minor error. It had been since October with no emails ...

Re: Babbletype CEO Statement
Apr 30, 2013

As a wise man once said, 'don't get in a pissing match with a skunk.' ...

Has Anyone Worked For Babbletype
Jan 23, 2014

Has anyone worked for Babbletype? ...

Any Experience With Babbletype
Feb 24, 2014

Does anyone out here have any experience with Babbletype. I have seen them advertising several different places. Checked and they are in good standing with BBB. ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

Anyone Use MS Word 2013? What
Oct 30, 2014

Is it pretty much the same as 2007 and 2010?  ...

Babbletype - Don't Waste Your Time On This Guy
May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report rig ...

BabbleType Bait And Switch
Jun 27, 2012

Hi, all,  Remember the most recent ad that BabbleType placed here at MTStars?  They were practically pleading with MTs and QAs to contact them and clear out their huge back log (tens of thousands of audio files they said). There was no mention of an exam; just contact them and request an assignment.  If you need training to be a QA editor, no problem -- just ask, and they would provide training.  Blah, blah, blah.  The direct quote in the ad was this:&nbs ...

BABBLETYPE - They Offer One Rate And Pay Another
Jan 22, 2013

BABBLETYPE! too much babbling too many chiefs not enough indians. Not enough work. Cheated on pay sale. Treated like crap. Run from Babbletype. Run as fast as you can. They offer one rate and pay another. ...

Babbletype Ad Under Jobs Is Not Accurate
Feb 25, 2013

Ad says 0.90 per minute for verbatim transcription.  But when you click on their link to take their test it says 0.25 per minute, which they say translates to a steady income of $100 per week.  They are obviously not gearing their ad toward U.S. transcriptionists as none of us can live on that. ...

2013 New Pay Compensation Programs
Dec 12, 2012

I just listened to the recording and now i'm wondering how is my pay going to be determined.  See my account holds clinic and acute care mixed all together.  So which rate will I be paid and why is it that nobody can answer this question w/in the company that I have asked thus far. I also love that in the beginning of the recording on the presentation is states that we will be compensated for ALL time spent typing and editing to include research, proofing and demographics.  ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

2013 HIPPA, How Does That Apply To ICs
Aug 25, 2013

Just saw a posting below where this year we would have a title of business associate instead of ICs. What does this mean to us in any way. I only know the very basics of HIPPA, not how this would differ now. Thanks. ...

AIHMA / Atlanta 2013
Oct 21, 2013

I was at MModal's website and saw that the AIHMA convention is actually going to be in Atlanta next week.  I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone has ever been to one of these conventions?   It looks like it mostly pertains to coding and upper management, but several companies are going to have booths there.  They have a 1-day hall expo pass for $75.  I'm just wondering if it might be worth my while to go.  I thought it might be worthwhile just to get a ...

COMPANY RESPONSE TO COMPLAINTS ABOUT BABBLETYPE
Apr 23, 2013

Hi. My name is John Feldcamp and I’m the CEO of Babbletype. I’ve been reading this discussion thread over for the first time and have decided to respond to the comments below. I’m doubtful if I’m making the right choice in doing so, since there are certain people who, once they decide you are the enemy, don’t much care about the finer points of what may or may actually not be true. But on the other hand, MT Stars has brought us many great people that have done well ...

BABBLETYPE Is Posting Again On The Jobs Board..sm
Oct 21, 2013

I am hopping on this in order to warn newer MTs DO NOT FALL FOR THIS, it is a SCAM!  Don't get burned by this company---they are about as honest as a 3 dollar bill.  Please search archives for info...there are a lot of scams out there now, just another joy of being an MT these days. ...

Babbletype - Preview Reviews/Posts
Feb 12, 2015

I just want to say I'm grateful for this forum and the people who take time to post. My local Craigslist (North Texas) had an ad today for an IC transcriptionist for Babbletype. I just googled the name and found an MT Stars Babbletype discussion from 2012. Thanks to all those comments, I didn't waste my time nor get ripped off.  ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

Input From Word 2013 Users
May 12, 2013

Is Word 2013 backwards compatible with Word 97-2003? I  am having to upgrade to a new computer since my work computer just died after several years.  If I get Word 2013, will the hospital and clinics be able to read the documents?  They are running Word 97-2003.  I was previously using Word 2010 and had no issues.  Is it possible to just buy a new license for my disc of Word 2010 after using up the three installs? ...