A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Your favorite waste of time email? - NTS MT

Posted: Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  What is your favorite pile of BS? 

News flashes and 401K stuff. nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

The TSM emails that update us on their weather, dogs - and personal life. Why do they do this

[ In Reply To ..]
If they aren't going to provide acct numbers and work related info just stop sending. Now they just sound out updates on their personal lives.

re TSM personal updates. sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Ohhh. I agree! Have no interest in their personal lives or when they tell us what a great team we are. "Show me the money".

Personal favorite TSM who is chilly and going to warm up - coffee while telling us to flex our time.

[ In Reply To ..]
What are the requirements for these positions? I could care less who is cold or out of coffee. I have bills to pay.

My TSM claims that people want to know about her weight - loss progress. She details her exercise

[ In Reply To ..]
food plan, yada, yada about her progress. Is this what the email system is supposed to be used for? Transcend you have created monsters (a.k.a. TSM's). If this is all they have to do, split up their pay and spread it amongst us MLS for a few more pennies. This is absolutely ridiculous that this is what their job entails, updating us on diet progress, while we wait for our next job to download and wonder how we will feed our kids this month. Maybe she can try the no jobs available diet.

the only ones that aren't a waste of time are - the ones with the word reorganization

[ In Reply To ..]
in the title, with the latest "great news" regarding the merger into Nuance.

Today was listening to the wind outside her bedroom window - what is wrong with mgt to send this info out

[ In Reply To ..]
I could care less about the wind outside her bedroom window. I have enough to worry about with the no jobs in my cue.

Similar Messages:

A Big Waste Of Time
Jan 05, 2010

Got Duped again. Send my resume in, got ASKED to test, Feel I did excellent on the test, but get a mail back saying that they cannot hire me at this time. Knowing that no one ever gives you any explanation as to why you fail, I went ahead and sent a mail asking why.   The answer I received really threw me off. The answer was: "We require at least 3 years experience to hire".   My resume clearly states that I have almost 2 years exp so they made me test for absolutely NOTHING! GREAT ...

What A Waste Of My Time
Apr 08, 2014

Spent a long time testing this weekend to a company who shall remain nameless.  objective test really tough but I aced it. 5 dictations....I scored 96.6 out of 97. not good enuf. 19 years means nothing? on to bigger and better pastures... ...

Mttest.com - What A Waste Of My Time
Sep 17, 2010

I just had to say that when I see a company looking for MTs and they have to test through mttest, I cross them off my list of potential employment.  What a waste of my time.  Took it years ago and would never do it again.  There has to be some other way or just look at a person's resume and phone previous employers.  If I have over 25 years of experience, took pride in getting my CMT and have tons of experience in every specialty, chances are I am a good bet.  Just venting. ...

Dont Waste Your Time Trying To Fix ASR
Apr 17, 2012

One instance I sent something in and THEY spelled it wrong and blamed us for spelling it wrong in the reports..the rest of them I get,,, "I checked and there is nothing in the system for that to be happening...the MTs are doing it wrong so that ASR is picking it up and making it print out that way"  perhaps your manager needs to send out a message...Well if you mark it NEVER to capitalize then it should never capitalize and even if they are right how come on one report the stuff is capped a ...

Babbletype - Don't Waste Your Time On This Guy
May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report rig ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Waste Your Time Responding To Any
Sep 24, 2012

MJOL ads.  This is a service requesting you to pay $110 for 3 months for their service!!  Complete waste of time!! ...

Reversal Requests --why Do I Waste My Time?
Apr 16, 2015

Sent in request, my TM sent in on for next level.  Well, the powers above decided my placement of period and/or comma impacted the integrity of the record and should be scored as incorrect verbage rather than punctuation. The 1 point for verbage as opposed to .25 for punctuation makes that short report a fail.  Give us a frigging break.  Don't know why I waste my time.  Just when I calm down and think "working here isn't so bad", something l ...

Is Coding A Waste Of Time And Is It Really Be Outsourced To India?
May 20, 2010

this is quite worrisome! ...

So Free With Advice - Don't Waste Your Time/money
Mar 21, 2011

On the newbie page is yet another thread with nothing but mindless- "don't waste your money/time" posts from supposedly experienced MTs. Like it or not, MT isn't disappearing.  Neither is AHDI.  Like it or not, credentialing is going to be a fact of life if you're an MT.  I'm no big fan of AHDI either, but I have paid enough attention to what's going on in the industry to know what the wind is bringing in. The MTs who do little more than bash and dash, w ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

I Guess Keystrokes Didn't Waste Enough People's Time
Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB? ...

First Time Right - CEO Email........my 2 Cents......
Mar 02, 2010

Okay, I read the email.  A lot of it sounds great, that is, that they are giving us some tools such as Benchmark to do our jobs.  I do like that.  However, the part that worries me is that they are going to be expecting everyone to submit 5% QA or less starting May 1.  Anything above that you get a pay reduction of 3 cents a line---did I read THAT right?   Now, this 5% may be possible for some with great accounts.  I do MOSTLY have decent accounts, at least until I ...

Email Me, It's Time To Band Together And Get Something Done Here!
Mar 09, 2012

Please email me privately and let's get the ball rolling here folks.  It's time to try and get everyone together, a very hard thing to do in this industry, so that our voices can be heard and let the powers that be know that we're not going to take this shame any longer! ...

Every Time I Get An Email About MT Week,
May 22, 2012

...I hear the greeting in Effie Trinket's voice.  "HAPPY HUNGER GAMES [I MEAN MT WEEK]!!1!" ...

Wait For It- Another Third Time Is The Charm Email To Hit
Jun 12, 2012

Oh the irony of this company.  2 lines per hour average for the last week.  Looks like they messed up the ASR statistics and the other statistics report.  Wait for it, they will send an apology email and make some sorry excuse.  Does anyone actually look at this reports or find any sort of purpose? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

How Much Time Do You Spend Reading Email?
Jun 24, 2015

My QC sends out these extremely wordy emails several times a week.  I end up skimming them, for a couple reasons.  One, because I work on so many different accounts/hospital sites that I'm truly never going to retain any of the information anyway. Second, and most importantly, I DON'T GET PAID TO READ THEM! This can't be legal and has been bugging me forever.  Do they seriously think we get paid enough per line to "compensate" reading email?? What do you all do? ...

Time Spent Waiting, Check Email, Etc
May 15, 2015

http://callaborlawblog.com/common-california-labor-code-violations/minimum-wage/employer-average-piece-rate-employees-compensation-order-satisfy-requirements-minimum-wage-laws/ ...

VR Favorite
Apr 22, 2010

i prefer VR over transcribing and would love to find a company in need of my services.  I have over 15+ years experience and I am one of the oddballs who does enjoy it.  Of course, as an IC I prefer to work my hours and days as long as I get their requirement met for TAT, which is no problem. ...

Favorite Computer?
Jul 20, 2010

I am going to be getting a new computer soon (yay!) and was just wondering what everyone's favorite computer is for doing transcription on. I am looking at a Toshiba, but I have heard they have bad speakers. Opinions please! ...

Favorite Keyboard, Anyone?
Feb 22, 2011

I'm looking at everything from old IBM clackers to Kinesis to Logitech to those funky as all get-out flat rubber keyboards a poster below mentioned. Input anyone as to why a certain keyboard is your fave? ...

What Is/was Your Favorite MT Software?
Feb 21, 2013

Hi all, I'd like to know your favorite MT software that you've worked with before.  What were the pros and cons of it?  We are looking to update our system from the old school mini-tapes that our MTs have to come in and get to something that'll allow them to stay at home and receive the dictations.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated. LW ...

A Not-so-sincere Thanks To My Favorite Dictator
Aug 18, 2010

Thank you, dear doctor, for deciding that your account has to be 100% accurate, that the 98% industry standard is "lazy" and "impossible."  I love that you decided there should be no numerals or ordinals in a medical report, that all numbers must be spelled out except the date.  I appreciate how your secretary will fax in 4 pages to complain about one isolated, non-critical error while also calling the OM repeatedly about the same error.  I enjoy that this leads to the OM calling ...

Favorite Kind Of Earphones?
Aug 01, 2011

Does anyone have a favorite kind of earphones? I need something to better filter out all my white noise/static. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Just Dropped My Favorite Headset In My
Sep 27, 2012

water glass :(  It was a really old Dictaphone headset with a three mile long cord.  I hope it works when it dries ...

What Is Your Favorite Typing Package? The More Responses The Better.
Nov 09, 2009

We are trying to pick a new typing package to interface to Meditech.  Right now we are using Dictaphone EXText.  What is your favorite to type in?? ...

Can We List Our Favorite Short-cuts On ASR
Feb 22, 2011

I have done the tutorials and been doing ASR for years and didn't know about the alt-K to break and capitalize.  Maybe this old dog could learn one or more new tricks.  Teach me everybody!!  What are the best hot keys that really work? ...

Your Favorite Line Count Software.
Mar 01, 2014

I know this subject has been gone over before, but I need your opinion.  I have spent the last week evaluating the line counting/invoicing programs out there, which I might add are few and far between.  I really don't like any of them!  LOL!   Could some of you share with me your experiences?  I appreciate the input! ...

My Personal Favorite Is The One That Starts Sure Don't Mean To Scare You
Sep 24, 2014

No conscience, this LG, hired to slash, and slash she is good at! l shudder to recount all the I.D. numbers I've seen come and go from her matrices. If you were just switched to one of her accounts, beware, there is only one reason for that! She is on the AB (COM) team last I knew.  ...