A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Audio Transcription Center/Skill Bureau - Ang

Posted: Dec 03, 2012

Hello all,

Has anyone had any dealings with Audio Transcription Center, which is apparently part of or associated with the Skill Bureau?  I got an email saying they wanted to talk tp me after I had already trained for a co. I was not excited about but needed a job. They want a typing test and then 4 audio files to be done for testing.  It's an IC position.  Could not get much information on the phone from the placement person.  Would be interested in any opinions/knowledge.  Thanks.

Huge turnover, so-so pay, focus groups, etc - hard to make $$$

[ In Reply To ..]
which is why they constantly have an ad posted.

Thanks - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Tx for the reply - s/l it may not be bad for some extra money then - seems like they might have some flexibility which is what I am looking for.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Center In Mansfield, TX
Dec 09, 2009

Any one work for this company before???? Any info would be appreciated. ...

The Transcription Center, Mansfield TX
May 13, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of The Transcription Center out of Mansfield, TX.  I saw an ad looking for PT 0.08 cpl.  I am curretly working for 0.07 cpl and have been for three years.  Locked in at that rate in the contract.  Just wondering about the company before I attempt to switch.  The place I am with right now has steady work and are pretty good to work for, but that 0.07 cpl locked is kicking my butt! Thanks, ...

MTRewards-skill Level
Oct 01, 2013

What skiill level are you?  I've been with the company over 10+ years and looks like they still have me at level I.  How sad.  I would email by CCM but mail system is down.   Per report rad is over me Oct 13.  Hurry! Hurry!  At this rate i need to type/edit 2000 lines a day for a measily $100.  I dont know if 2000 lines is even feasible, I suck at sitting at my desk for extended periods of time.  haha.    skill level maximum r ...

Use Mac For Transcription With An Audio Player
Oct 01, 2014

Does any use Mac for transcription with an audio player.  I have used gear player but that is not compatible with Mac.  Any suggestions for a good audio player that is compatible with Mac? ...

NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription) - Any Info? Do They Pay MTs For Poor Audio
Mar 03, 2010

Anyone currently work or previously worked for NuWay (formerly RX:Transcription)?  Can you verify if you are paid by the gross line or by a 65-character line?  Their ad says 8 CPL (but does not say what a line constitutes).  Their website says they charge by the gross line.  Just wondering if that also applies to how the Independent Contractor is paid?  NuWay Office Solutions (formerly RX: Transcription) is hiring for an experienced part-time neuro MT.  Appro ...

Typing Test For Census Bureau?
Dec 29, 2009

I am going to take the typing test for a data transcriber position at the Census Bureau soon and was wondering if anyone has ever taken this test before?  What do they have you type?  Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Have Any Information On The Bureau Of Office Services, Inc. (BOS) Sm
Mar 31, 2010

How are they to work for?  What is the pay scale like?  Platform?  The ad indicates that benefits are included for FT employees - are they expensive?  TIA. ...

Just Got A Part Time Job With The Census Bureau At $12.50/hr...
Apr 09, 2010

more than I am making now!!! ...

Bureau Of Office Services - See Message
Oct 13, 2010

They were advertising for a VA account and a radiology account on October 7 or 8 but it appears as if all the posts have been removed.  Is this a legitimate company?  I checked out their web site, it looked okay to me.  Does anyone have any information that they would be willing to share?  Thanks ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Job Outlook For MT
Mar 20, 2013

From the BLS website: Job Outlook Medical TranscriptionistsPercent change in employment, projected 2010-20Other Healthcare Support Occupations - 25%  Total, All Occupations - 14%  Medical Transcriptionists - 6%  Employment of medical transcriptionists is expected to grow 6 percent from 2010 to 2020, slower than the average for all occupations. The volume of healthcare services is expected to continue to increase, resulting in a growing number of medical tests and procedures, all ...

Bureau Of Labor Statistics Inaccuracy?
Jan 13, 2014

I'm a pretty new MT. I've only been working for about a year. I didn't know how little I was going to make when I trained for this--more or less minimum wage. If one were to research it even today on the Internet, they wouldn't know either by looking at government site Bureau of Labor Statistics. According to its site, the median wage in May,2012 is $34,020. That would make it about $18.00 hour, which I'm sure would make you all stop complaining. So has medical tran ...

Bureau Of Office Services .... Did Anyone Who Sent Them A Resume Hear From Them?
Apr 29, 2010

nm ...

Does Any Have Any Info (or Heard Back From) The BOS (Bureau Of Office Services)? Sm
Apr 16, 2010

They had an ad up a while back for VA transcriptionists.  I'm wondering if anyone currently works for them and what the platform, pay, etc., are like. ...

BOS VA (Bureau Of Office Services); Has Anyone Heard From This Company, Or Can Current
Oct 08, 2010

n/m ...

AP Hip, Center Pelvis
Dec 19, 2014

AP hip-centered pelvis or AP hip, center pelvis?    ...

Virtual Learning Center
Jan 08, 2010

I am another victim of Virtual Learning Center.  Can anyone recommend a reputable on-line MT school? ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Nuance Benefits Center
Aug 07, 2013

Can anyone help me please. I have been trying since March to get someone from the benefits department of Nuance to help me. I cannot get a single person to return my calls or emails. Does anyone out there have a number for me? Please and thank you. ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

Ever Apply To An At-home Call Center
Oct 16, 2012

I am seriously thinking of applying to a call center and hope I can use my past experience of 30 years of MT to get hired. Anyone ever hear of an MT getting a job at one of these places? ...

Virtual Learning Center Info Inisde.
Jan 09, 2010

I know nothing about VLC except for the posts I've seen here recently.  When I was on another site this morning about homeworkers, I saw this link about VLC closing as of 12/31 due to the death the owner from lung cancer.  Here is a link.   I have no idea how reliable any of this info is, but I thought it might help some VLC students.   http://www.homeworkers.org/about.html ...

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

EQUIFAX Call Center In India - Time To Say No More!
Oct 14, 2010

I just got off the phone with customer service for EQUIFAX, i.e., one of the three major credit bureaus that your banks, credit card companies, courts, etc., report your financial information to.  Basically, if you have ever had a loan, lein, or judgement, they know about you.    In any case, I was checking my credit score and there was a problem requiring me to call customer service.  I called and was answered by Raj, who had an obvious dialect tha ...

Help, I Had A Day. Patient Has An Abscess With A Center Of (s/l Pruritic?) Material. Sm
Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks. ...

Foot Pedal Not Working With New Service Center
Aug 18, 2014

I just logged in to the new service center this morning and now my foot pedal isn't working.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions other than calling support? Thanks ...

Outsourced Call Center Work Being Brought Back To The US
Aug 18, 2010

Its about time!!!  Hopefully some MT will follow suit? http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1794247&GT1=33002 ...

Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Med Trans-7th Edition
Feb 12, 2014

I found this book in a used book store.  Bought it becuase it has puzzles in the back I would like to do.  The DVD with supposedly the answers is missing.  Does anyone have this disk who can copy/paste the answers?   ...

Our Hospital Is Not Licensed To Carry S/l "famoxone" As We Are Not A Detox Center
Jan 21, 2011

xx ...

MM Apparently Opening A New "healthcare Technology Center"
May 14, 2014

Don't know what to make of that....just another example of how they want to invest in their Indian employees. If you call slave wages an investment that is. ...

DVD To Audio
Dec 10, 2009

One of my clients has a DVD of a meeting he would like transcribed. Does anyone know of software that he or I can use to convert it to an audio file? I normally use Express Scribe to transcribe their work. Does anyone have experience in this or know of a preferably free software program that can do this? Thank you. ...