A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help, I had a day. Patient has an abscess with a center of (s/l pruritic?) material. sm - shortcake

Posted: Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks.

stinky - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is doc maybe saying purulent material meaning pus

He does say purulent later but here it is clear as day PRURITIC, ugh...thanks though. - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Pancreatic Abscess
Nov 18, 2009

He was worked up and found possible pancreatic abscess by interventional radiology and needle core biopsy, 5 cm s/l palopancreas resteron organized pneumonia, although they said it was too little to drain. Thanks for any help. ...

Issue Ano Abscess???
Jun 28, 2010

Aaaargh!  Dictator is repeating this phrase again and again, and I cannot get it!  He is either saying "issu-ano abscess" or "issu-anal abscess."  I wanna go to bed! :( ...

Abscess And Antibiotic
Sep 04, 2010

The patient is being seen in followup of s/l craniotomy bed abscess.  He remains on empiric antibiotic s/l faropueis. ...

Alodontogenic Brain Abscess?
Mar 31, 2010

Cannot get a good sound on this.  Thanks for any help! ...

Pt With Tooth Abscess ..? Flocculence...sm
Oct 28, 2010

Patient had root canal and is now having swelling, maybe abscess.  For context:  Oropharynx does show swelling and erythema around the lower posterior tooth.  There is some s/l flocculence noted but no purulent drainage.  Thanks. ...

Stuck On Word, 'right ? Abscess"
Oct 19, 2011

Doctor dictates: " He eventually underwent exploratory laparotomy and right hemicolectomy for a right (s/l colonic) abscess of unknown etiology." The patient has a left tibial plateau fracture. It s/l colonic but it also sounds as if it has a 'q' at the start of the word. I cannot make it out, and all my research has turned up nothing that would fit. Please help anyone??? ...

Serology Test On Liver Abscess
Feb 21, 2014

patient has liver abscess and physician is asking for s/l 'ekanosis' serology and amoeba serology... ...

Abscess After Appendectomy S/l Marsen's Pouch
Mar 28, 2014

Sentence is "omentum inflamed, frank pus in (s/l Marsen's) pouch.  Can anybody help?  Thanks.  ...

S/l Toe Phasias Material
Jul 12, 2010

I think this is likely gout that has developed some s/l toe phasias material which is causing persistent pain and swelling. TIA. this doctor is a mumbler today worse than ever!! thanks for any help. ...

Suture Material
Jan 19, 2011

Monosof? It must be lesion day at the clinic. Numerous patients with superficial lesions and he is describing wound closure. Sounds like doctor is saying Monocef, but that is an antibiotic. The only thing related to suture material is Monosof. Am I missing something? ...

Need Help With Surgical Material
May 01, 2012

Need help finding a surgical material that s/l fiblar? ...

Reference Material Help
May 29, 2012

So I'm wondering what the difference between the Nurse's Pocket Drug Guide and The Pill Book is. I am trying to gather some reference material to be better stocked for my first transcription job and I'm not sure what to actually get. I'm on a tight budget but know that I need decent material. Throughout school I mostly used my textbooks and online reference material and it worked great but I'm not sure if companies are open to that type of work/referencing. Any help or a ...

RMT/CMT Study Material
Apr 16, 2013

Anyone have any good sites that have study material?   ...

CT Of Chest Contrast Material
Jul 20, 2010

Has anyone heard of Oxylon 300 contrast media?  I'm sure I have it spelled wrong because I can't find it anywhere. ...

? Material Left In Colon
Mar 15, 2011

It s/l vegtelant!!! ....poor with large amount of (___) material throughout the colon that could not be suctioned. Any ideas?!  Thanks ...

SV300 Contrast Material
Sep 28, 2013

Oncology Reference Material
Oct 02, 2013

Wondering if anyone would be willing to share their favorite oncology reference material... be it books or websites. Appreciate it! ...

Prep Material For An Elbow Injection
Apr 12, 2012

After appropriate preoperative evaluation including informed consent, the patient's right elbow medial side was prepped with (    ).  Using a sterile technique, the solution of lidocaine, Sensorcaine, and dexamethasone was injected in and around his medial epicondyle as well as the flexor pronator muscle, flexor pronator muscle mass, and the brachialis tendon. The quality of my voice note is very bad and so I'll give you some sounds like options. Cordrop Clo ...

End Of The Phacoemulsification No (residual Corticle) Material Was Noted
Jul 10, 2012

At the end of the phacoemulsification no (residual corticle) material was noted. The posterior capsule was intact. A peripheral iridotomy was performed at the 11 o'clock position (into) chamber. Bleeding was noted, and the chamber was irrigated with balanced salt solution with epinephrine. The wound was closed with (1 or one) interrupted suture of 10-0 Vicryl. (S/L) injection (silomegro) was made. (Timoptic) was applied and ointment was applied. Everything I question in in (). Tha ...

AP Hip, Center Pelvis
Dec 19, 2014

AP hip-centered pelvis or AP hip, center pelvis?    ...

Transcription Center In Mansfield, TX
Dec 09, 2009

Any one work for this company before???? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Virtual Learning Center
Jan 08, 2010

I am another victim of Virtual Learning Center.  Can anyone recommend a reputable on-line MT school? ...

The Transcription Center, Mansfield TX
May 13, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of The Transcription Center out of Mansfield, TX.  I saw an ad looking for PT 0.08 cpl.  I am curretly working for 0.07 cpl and have been for three years.  Locked in at that rate in the contract.  Just wondering about the company before I attempt to switch.  The place I am with right now has steady work and are pretty good to work for, but that 0.07 cpl locked is kicking my butt! Thanks, ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Nuance Benefits Center
Aug 07, 2013

Can anyone help me please. I have been trying since March to get someone from the benefits department of Nuance to help me. I cannot get a single person to return my calls or emails. Does anyone out there have a number for me? Please and thank you. ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

Ever Apply To An At-home Call Center
Oct 16, 2012

I am seriously thinking of applying to a call center and hope I can use my past experience of 30 years of MT to get hired. Anyone ever hear of an MT getting a job at one of these places? ...

Virtual Learning Center Info Inisde.
Jan 09, 2010

I know nothing about VLC except for the posts I've seen here recently.  When I was on another site this morning about homeworkers, I saw this link about VLC closing as of 12/31 due to the death the owner from lung cancer.  Here is a link.   I have no idea how reliable any of this info is, but I thought it might help some VLC students.   http://www.homeworkers.org/about.html ...

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

EQUIFAX Call Center In India - Time To Say No More!
Oct 14, 2010

I just got off the phone with customer service for EQUIFAX, i.e., one of the three major credit bureaus that your banks, credit card companies, courts, etc., report your financial information to.  Basically, if you have ever had a loan, lein, or judgement, they know about you.    In any case, I was checking my credit score and there was a problem requiring me to call customer service.  I called and was answered by Raj, who had an obvious dialect tha ...