A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MM apparently opening a new "healthcare technology center" - in Bangalore...saw on FB

Posted: May 14, 2014

Don't know what to make of that....just another example of how they want to invest in their Indian employees. If you call slave wages an investment that is.

Did you read - the press release?

[ In Reply To ..]
The new Bangalore center will focus on driving innovations in existing and emerging healthcare technologies, particularly in the clinical documentation space. The center is also a part of M*Modalâs expansion plans in India to help accelerate overall company growth and create value for its healthcare provider customers worldwide.

âOur new center will not only be one of our key technology hubs for developing, delivering and supporting cutting edge solutions to our healthcare customers around the world, it will also be one of the best centers in Bangalore for professionals to pursue their technology careers,â said Mr. Detlef Koll, Chief Technology Officer, M*Modal.

The Bangalore Technology Center complements M*Modalâs existing IT facility in Hyderabad and is part of the companyâs effort to consolidate technology development at key sites in India and around the world.

âWe are delighted to open this dedicated technology center in Bangalore,â said Bill Donovan, Sr. Vice President, Human Resources at M*Modal. âThe new center, with all its modern amenities and high-tech infrastructure, will spur creativity among the employees and help them work in a highly collaborative environment. The new center and our experienced technology staff will enhance the value we provide our customers and expand our global leadership position in clinical documentation.â

The United States - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Has I think I saw the highest tax rate for businesses in the world now..What incentive is there to stay inside this country when you can do it more cheaply outside? My only hope is that the language barrier will bring it all crashing down around them, doubt it though. I fully believe with the EMR, and obamacare cutting into the docs money, they are going to go to the point and click options of documenting everything anyway. It is a dieing field, like many others, technology is evolving and we are not necessary..

Garbage - Twinkletoz

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounds like a lot of corporate mumbo jumbo jive announcement that only means more work for low paid Indians and less for well trained, educated American workers.

I wonder if they will have more success with this than they have had - with the coding program? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Probably. - They actually CARE

[ In Reply To ..]
about their investment in India.

Similar Messages:

AP Hip, Center Pelvis
Dec 19, 2014

AP hip-centered pelvis or AP hip, center pelvis?    ...

Job Opening For CCM
Mar 31, 2012

Got an e-mail with job openings. That's a first. They need a CCM, any takers? I was interested to see they supervise 50-70 MTs.  I thought it was a lot more than that. I thought the reason my CCM seldom sends out e-mails or answers e-mails or the phone, for that matter, was because she had about 300 MTs to supervise. Seriously, we get more e-mail from Vern than from her. Just a random thought while passing through... ...

I'm Apparently The Only One...
Nov 24, 2009

I've been an MT for years (about 10).  I've worked subcontracting for many companies, local docs and my local hospital.  I've worked for probably 10 internet companies on a temp basis to help with overflow (usually covering summer vacations).  I've never had just one company, always several, so if one was out of work, another could provide.  Of all the companies I have worked for... I like MedQuist the best... I know I'm alone in this apparently, but ...

Well Apparently To Be An MT...
Aug 21, 2012

All you have to know how to do is type really fast.  At least that is what I've been told by a couple of staffing companies.  (I don't agree with this by they way).  Just thought it was odd that this is how medical transcription is viewed by some these days. ...

Apparently,
Nov 18, 2013

I have tried for over 3 hours today to make my "elecions" for insurance to NO avail.  Of course, no one answers the phone to help you OR responds to e-mail request for help.  How much more difficult can this be. When I hit the "submit" button NOTHING happens.  Screen locks up. I am surrendering this fiasco for tonight.   Hopefully, I can find somebody tomorrow that will help me.  Apparenlty, I am to dense to do this.  ARGH!!!!!! I just feel like everything ...

Apparently We Are On Our Own
Mar 05, 2014

So we get the email today that the QC is overloaded with her job and to please utilize the style guide and BOS and other Mmodal goodies rather than calling or emailing her. You know Mmodal/Shaw, if we actually were allowed to contact other MTs on our same accounts we wouldn't need to contact our QC every time the client decides to make exceptions for each doctor and it never gets added to the CP or we just cannot figure out what that doc is saying. But apparently we are truly on our o ...

Transcription Center In Mansfield, TX
Dec 09, 2009

Any one work for this company before???? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Virtual Learning Center
Jan 08, 2010

I am another victim of Virtual Learning Center.  Can anyone recommend a reputable on-line MT school? ...

The Transcription Center, Mansfield TX
May 13, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of The Transcription Center out of Mansfield, TX.  I saw an ad looking for PT 0.08 cpl.  I am curretly working for 0.07 cpl and have been for three years.  Locked in at that rate in the contract.  Just wondering about the company before I attempt to switch.  The place I am with right now has steady work and are pretty good to work for, but that 0.07 cpl locked is kicking my butt! Thanks, ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Nuance Benefits Center
Aug 07, 2013

Can anyone help me please. I have been trying since March to get someone from the benefits department of Nuance to help me. I cannot get a single person to return my calls or emails. Does anyone out there have a number for me? Please and thank you. ...

S/l Lusyngeal Opening
Aug 02, 2011

Argh, one side of my headphones isn't working.  This patient is 10 days status post I&D and wound vac application on her leg.  The doctor says:  she still has a lysengial opening approximately 1 cm by 5 mm in size.  ...

Opening .dct Files
Nov 16, 2013

i need to open a .dct file.  I guess I have to download the file to open this but don't know which one to trust.  Any suggestions??? Thanks! ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

Wow - Apparently Transcend DOES Pay Well!
May 14, 2011

http://people.forbes.com/profile/susan-mcgrogan/80763   Susan McGrogan // President and Chief Operating Officer Transcend Services, Inc. Atlanta ,  GA Sector: HEALTHCARE  /  Medical Practitioners Officer since August 2006   44 Years Old Susan McGrogan has served as our President since August 2009, as our Chief Operating Officer since February 2007 and Senior Vice President of Operations between August 2006 and February 2007. Ms. McGrogan joined us in Ja ...

Wow - Apparently MQ Pays Well, Too!
May 14, 2011

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/ceou/database.cfm?tkr=MEDQ&pg=6 CEO Pay Database Peter MasanottiPresident and Chief Executive Officer MEDQUIST INC (MEDQ)Headquarters: MOUNT LAUREL, NJBusiness Services 2009 Compensation   2009     Salary $500,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $0 Value of Option Awards $0 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $700,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensati ...

I Would Like To Have Someone Who Is Apparently More Enlightened Sm
May 26, 2015

than I am, to explain to me how, when I am told to take my lph divided by 2 and my overall lines for the day and divide by 2, how we are getting paid for all the lines we do.  I'm curious how that is explained so people see that they are actually getting paid for all the lines. For example, I am told that I need to figure C-LPH which is basically my lph divided in half.  So if I am able to edit 250 lph, for the grid that is equivalent to 125 clph.  Then my total lines are di ...

Our Wonderful ASR. Apparently, Since It Still
Jun 23, 2015

cannot figure out the word Xarelto even though it's seen it corrected tens of thousands of times by now, it has decided that word is "femoral tunnel."  Not even remotely close!  The doctors/administrators who are drooling over the thought of VR cutting us out would be in shock to see what it actually cranks out. ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

Ever Apply To An At-home Call Center
Oct 16, 2012

I am seriously thinking of applying to a call center and hope I can use my past experience of 30 years of MT to get hired. Anyone ever hear of an MT getting a job at one of these places? ...

Hurry! Landmark Has An Opening Again - Sm
Nov 20, 2010

Nah - they don't answer any responses to their ads anyway.  Don't bother. ...

Home Based Job Opening
Oct 18, 2012

UnitedHealth Group is hiring home based healthcare claims investigator. Must have working knowledge of CPT/ICD-9 codes. ...

SoftScript's Website Has An Opening
Oct 20, 2012

SoftScript is in need of a Software Engineer with expertise in Artificial Intelligence, information extraction, machine learning and natural language processing. The appropriate candidate will work with our IT team to develop a crucial portion of our system. Does this mean their take on VR has changed and now they are looking into it for their software. ...

Delay Opening Posts
Aug 23, 2013

It takes me 3-5 minutes to open each post on this site.  Any suggestions? ...

Genetics Transcription Opening
Nov 25, 2013

I pursued this same position a few months ago but ultimately declined it due to the hours.  I keep seeing it reappear every couple of months since then. Does or has anyone worked on that account and is there a reason they keep recruiting for it?  It was a tough decision not to take it as I love genetics and find it fascinating, but every time I see it pop up I'm thinking maybe I dodged an enormous bullet by not taking it (lack of work, horrific dictators, etc). I thought perhaps ...

Tier Testing Is Opening Again
Jan 13, 2015

FYI ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Apparently, Transcend Is Initiating Something
May 06, 2012

M Modal cesspool, but not quite that bad.  They are prioritizing stats from all of your secondary accounts in front of your primary, making it harder obviously to produce lines.  Did anyone get the email about this?  I am wondering if this is a Nuance thing that is now being introduced?   I know why companies do this, it is to their benefit, and they care nothing about us, but it just infuriates me as another kick in the face to MTs and lack of caring about anything but ...

Apparently According To TCM We May Have To Make Schedule Changes
Feb 28, 2013

I have made 3 schedule changes in the last year and I think I am pretty much done.  It seems that they are working with capacity planning to insure work for everyone so guess what that means..mandatory schedule changes once again.  So sick of this. Quit hiring, then maybe we wouldn't need mandatory schedule changes. Just a thought! ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...