A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Outsourced call center work being brought back to the US - Cali

Posted: Aug 18, 2010

Its about time!!!  Hopefully some MT will follow suit?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1794247&GT1=33002

I think you mean - off-shored-- work. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Don't understand your glee - mt2long

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you READ what it said?

Now that WE work for the same wages they do, they have cheap labor here? Well, yeah, that's a HUGE win... NOT.

As soon as American workers squawk for higher wages, back across the ocean they go.

This article does not share good news.

Agreee it just means - our pay is less than before

[ In Reply To ..]

So the jobs might come back, but they still arent going - to pay us to do them? Lovely.

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Ever Apply To An At-home Call Center
Oct 16, 2012

I am seriously thinking of applying to a call center and hope I can use my past experience of 30 years of MT to get hired. Anyone ever hear of an MT getting a job at one of these places? ...

EQUIFAX Call Center In India - Time To Say No More!
Oct 14, 2010

I just got off the phone with customer service for EQUIFAX, i.e., one of the three major credit bureaus that your banks, credit card companies, courts, etc., report your financial information to.  Basically, if you have ever had a loan, lein, or judgement, they know about you.    In any case, I was checking my credit score and there was a problem requiring me to call customer service.  I called and was answered by Raj, who had an obvious dialect tha ...

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

Testing/call Back TAT
May 21, 2012

Hello! I was just curious..... when you tested for a company about how long was it until you heard from them? Either by email or by phone?   Please share your experiece. There has got to be someone out there that will share :)   Thanks! ...

Got A Call To Come Back After Leaving
Mar 26, 2015

I've seen a few posts about this in the past but can't find them now to review.  Has anyone ever responded to Nuance's request to come back?  If so, what happened?  I got a call and wondered if they really need me because I'm good or have had such a mass exodus that if they don't get qualified people to work their accounts they'll be losing them and lots of money too.  IMO, serves them right for what they did to those who worked loyally for compa ...

Just Got A Call Back From TAA Regional Coordinator
Jan 19, 2010

Rosemary called me back just now.  She contacted the Federal Office.  The Fed Office is going to contact ALL STATE COORDINATORS to clarify them on this TAA program for MQ employees. If you can prove with pay stubs that YOUR PAY HAS DECREASED with MQ during all the changes going on with CBay buying MQ and sending increasing amounts of OUR work to India -- YOU ARE ELIGIBLE EVEN IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING.  I told her I lost about 800 dollars a pay since they eliminated my departmen ...

Waiting For Help Desk Call Back.....
Oct 30, 2011

One hour so far.  Cannot log into Cornerstone.  No technician available. Waiting for call back.  With any kind of luck they will pay me for waiting all day...... ...

Waiting On A Call Back From Dept Of Labor
Oct 07, 2010

I would encourage everyone to call their local DOL about this issue. When we sit here for 20-30 minutes typing a job and lose it due to no fault of our own, we should be compensated for the time that we sat here.  I left a message for my local DOL, hopefully will get a call back, but it seems to me that constitutes not getting paid for hours worked, which is illegal.  If anyone else has checked into this, let me know. Thanks! ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

ABC News Tomorrow Night...call Centers Coming Back
Feb 22, 2012

Tomorrow night on ABC news they will be doing a special about call center jobs  coming back to America and people making $14 an hour, leaving outsourcing centers because America is 3.5 times more productive.  Tonight they did a segment about a light bulb company coming back from China to Detroit because its cheaper now with the Obama cutting corporate taxes for keeping jobs in America and there was a segment about EMR company that was in Bangladore or wherever coming back to America an ...

Ex-WMX And Others Brought Out By Nuance
Mar 22, 2012

I was wondering did you all get to keep the same team leads, regions, and accounts? Also, what about QA people? If you are QA, do you have to test to be QA at Nuance even if you were/are already QA at your old company? What about trainers and recruiters, did they keep their jobs once bought out? Did you have the same supervisors? Just curious as to what to expect, never been through a buyout before. Thanks in advance for any and all answers! ...

Patient Brought To The Operation Room And ??
Aug 18, 2011

The following sentence was dictated: "Patient brought to the operating room and __ placed supine on the operating table." The __ word sounds like it starts with "sw", but I'm not able to make it out. It makes since for the word to be "was" because it fits the sentence, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?? Thanks! ...

Look What The Q Has Brought Us To, Re Post Stealing Lines.
Dec 07, 2011

x ...

AP Hip, Center Pelvis
Dec 19, 2014

AP hip-centered pelvis or AP hip, center pelvis?    ...

Transcription Center In Mansfield, TX
Dec 09, 2009

Any one work for this company before???? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Virtual Learning Center
Jan 08, 2010

I am another victim of Virtual Learning Center.  Can anyone recommend a reputable on-line MT school? ...

The Transcription Center, Mansfield TX
May 13, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of The Transcription Center out of Mansfield, TX.  I saw an ad looking for PT 0.08 cpl.  I am curretly working for 0.07 cpl and have been for three years.  Locked in at that rate in the contract.  Just wondering about the company before I attempt to switch.  The place I am with right now has steady work and are pretty good to work for, but that 0.07 cpl locked is kicking my butt! Thanks, ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Nuance Benefits Center
Aug 07, 2013

Can anyone help me please. I have been trying since March to get someone from the benefits department of Nuance to help me. I cannot get a single person to return my calls or emails. Does anyone out there have a number for me? Please and thank you. ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Virtual Learning Center Info Inisde.
Jan 09, 2010

I know nothing about VLC except for the posts I've seen here recently.  When I was on another site this morning about homeworkers, I saw this link about VLC closing as of 12/31 due to the death the owner from lung cancer.  Here is a link.   I have no idea how reliable any of this info is, but I thought it might help some VLC students.   http://www.homeworkers.org/about.html ...

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

Help, I Had A Day. Patient Has An Abscess With A Center Of (s/l Pruritic?) Material. Sm
Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks. ...

Audio Transcription Center/Skill Bureau
Dec 03, 2012

Hello all, Has anyone had any dealings with Audio Transcription Center, which is apparently part of or associated with the Skill Bureau?  I got an email saying they wanted to talk tp me after I had already trained for a co. I was not excited about but needed a job. They want a typing test and then 4 audio files to be done for testing.  It's an IC position.  Could not get much information on the phone from the placement person.  Would be interested in any opinions/knowle ...

Foot Pedal Not Working With New Service Center
Aug 18, 2014

I just logged in to the new service center this morning and now my foot pedal isn't working.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions other than calling support? Thanks ...

OUTSOURCED
May 25, 2010

I was getting ready to start coding classes and started reading about it being outsourced.  I do not want to be in the same boat as I am now with transcription. Should I just give up on coding all together and look into something else? ...

Outsourced Again
Dec 28, 2011

The hospital where I worked decided to outsource us. They did it in the worst way possible, they call us in for a meeting but it is not on the usual date of our dept meetings. The CFO, HR, and the new transcription company are at the head of the table. The CFO says, "the hospital has decided to award our transcription to ______ (starts with a W)." That's all he said! No gratitude (some have worked there for 40, 24, 11, 8 years), no severance package. By state or federal law, when they l ...

OUTSOURCED!!!!!
Jul 05, 2013

Nuance just bought our hospital.   :(    Is all this stuff true on these boards?   Should we transition or bail?   I am so very scared after reading all this stuff.   ...