A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa - Burned

Posted: Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me $1500 to meet compatibility (older operating system, special sound card, and a ton of tweaking).  It also required the purchase of a $500 MS Word that they specially tweak to open you up for viruses while you work on their intranet (they don't tell you that).  Techs tell you not to use an antivirus program while working on their network.  You computer will end up destroyed by viruses.  Research told me what the problem was after finding that a security fix for Word was not used by the techs configuring the system for new MTs. 

There are two women with this client who run things and are the most difficult people I have ever had to work with.   They have rewritten their own AAMT Book of Style with instructions to follow the Book of Style, except their changes which total over 100.  Any transcription which would be 100% by the book of style and free of any errors will come back with nasty QA notes followed by a ton of exclamation points because it isn't their standard. 

When advised of doctor input errors which cause the wrong patient to be brought up by the system, they ignore the problem, won't talk to the doctor, then fire the MT for bringing up the wrong account, even though it was flagged for QA stating the patient ID was not verified.

The doctors are mostly great dictators (except the ESLs who should not be using SR).  Very polite and clear.

I was soooo relieved to have my contract cancelled after over a year as it was an absolutely miserable experience working for them.  Unfortunately, their virus enabled software allowed my PC specially purchased to meet their standards to be laden with viruses and I had to purchase a new one, another $1500 to work with their old O/S, etc.  Within a few months of this, they cancelled my contract and no other clients are using this old O/S which means another PC purchase for other work!

The S/O was on my side during all these problems, but if the client, in a menopausal rage, says "cancel" there is nothing else they can do.  

Your business decisions while working for this client sm - oy

[ In Reply To ..]
were not very sound throughout. If you stayed a year, there had to be some payoff for you.

I think you are telling your side, which is fine, but there must be more to this story, as nobody spends $2000 on hardware and software and stays a year typing at a horrible place.

CTCA - Burned

[ In Reply To ..]
I make perfectly sound business decisions, or I would not be in business for so many decades. You know nothing about my situation or if my decisions are in line with my situation, so this is not a decision you are able to make.

Other innocent ICs should be warned about this client, and that is my intent.

Again, if it was so horrible, why would you stay a year sm - oy

[ In Reply To ..]
and spend all that money? Normally, when someone is in a really bad situation they don't stay a year.

I suspect you'd still be there if they hadn't cancelled your contract. So it couldn't have been that bad.

I agree - Pay no attention to naysayers who try to blame YOU - For being victimized.

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know why these trolls need to get on here and blame a person's bad experiences on the person. Must not have much of their own life if they need to preach at others. Just ignore them. We all do.

Sorry that you had this experience. It truly doesn't sound legal that they made you purchase their equipment and then cancelled your contract. I would look into that with your state's DOL or AG's office. Good luck to you!

Similar Messages:

Cancer Treatment Centers Of America - Tulsa
Dec 01, 2011

The transcription service company that had this account was great, doctors great, but the client has two problem employees that run the show and can make life pretty miserable.  They want you to go by the AAMT BOS, but have hundreds of exceptions, which they do not inform you about.  Each time you go by the BOS but it doesn't make them happy, they rant in emails with exclamation marks about how you have been told hundreds of times before, when you never have be ...

Medication Help Breast Cancer Treatment
Nov 04, 2009

patient with lumpectomy then double mastectomy. Medication s/l ven-mo-fax-ine or fem-mo-fax-ine HCL 25 mg q.i.d. times several months. She will be on this for 5 years total. Cannot find or figure. Googled "HCL 25 mg breast cancer" but didn't find anything too close. ...

Cancer Treatment S/l Florimbucil And Prednisone
Nov 20, 2009

thanks so much ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

Prostate Cancer Treatment...please See Message
Mar 02, 2011

He will receive a single dose of radiation to this hip and then he will receive either ipilimumab versus placebo and s/l alba-immunotherapy.  TIA ...

Patient With Colon Cancer Receiving Treatment.
Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C" Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment. ...

Paraaortic Versus Periaortic Lymph Nodes In Cancer Treatment
Oct 21, 2009

This patient has prostate cancer, but somehow or other the paraaortic lymph nodes or periaortic lymph nodes are involved.  I have googled and found both spellings, but for the life of me I can't figure out which is correct.  "This showed a 1.6-cm retroperitoneal lymph node in the low pelvis anterior to the inferior vena cava suspicious for metastatic disease." There are so many lymph nodes in the body.  Even looking at an anatomy diagram, I can't figure this out. Help!! ...

Electronic Dictaton Of Tulsa - Or EDOT
Dec 21, 2013

FYI - -  if you are contacted and offered a job by Electronic Dictation of Tulsa or 'EDOT' as they are known - don't take it! The owner of this company seems to be a chauvinstic jerk and his company considered a joke in the midwest area, as are his transcriptionists (if you live in the area, as I do, just ask around.)  I have many years of experience and I was let go after a couple of days because his "QA/supervisor" seemed disinterested in ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

AP Hip, Center Pelvis
Dec 19, 2014

AP hip-centered pelvis or AP hip, center pelvis?    ...

Transcription Center In Mansfield, TX
Dec 09, 2009

Any one work for this company before???? Any info would be appreciated. ...

Virtual Learning Center
Jan 08, 2010

I am another victim of Virtual Learning Center.  Can anyone recommend a reputable on-line MT school? ...

The Transcription Center, Mansfield TX
May 13, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of The Transcription Center out of Mansfield, TX.  I saw an ad looking for PT 0.08 cpl.  I am curretly working for 0.07 cpl and have been for three years.  Locked in at that rate in the contract.  Just wondering about the company before I attempt to switch.  The place I am with right now has steady work and are pretty good to work for, but that 0.07 cpl locked is kicking my butt! Thanks, ...

Front And Center-it Seems The LM People Who Got Their Pay Cut
Aug 17, 2010

are the lucky ones.  (see below threads)  I have received emails of many being just laid off without warning and MAYBE a week's notice.  Take this as a warning people!  We work at home and don't know what is going on until it is too late-except for MT STARS.  GET IT? ...

Nuance Benefits Center
Aug 07, 2013

Can anyone help me please. I have been trying since March to get someone from the benefits department of Nuance to help me. I cannot get a single person to return my calls or emails. Does anyone out there have a number for me? Please and thank you. ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

Teritituary Center, Can Not Spell This Word, HELP
Nov 16, 2009

x ...

Ever Apply To An At-home Call Center
Oct 16, 2012

I am seriously thinking of applying to a call center and hope I can use my past experience of 30 years of MT to get hired. Anyone ever hear of an MT getting a job at one of these places? ...

Virtual Learning Center Info Inisde.
Jan 09, 2010

I know nothing about VLC except for the posts I've seen here recently.  When I was on another site this morning about homeworkers, I saw this link about VLC closing as of 12/31 due to the death the owner from lung cancer.  Here is a link.   I have no idea how reliable any of this info is, but I thought it might help some VLC students.   http://www.homeworkers.org/about.html ...

EQUIFAX Call Center In India - Time To Say No More!
Oct 14, 2010

I just got off the phone with customer service for EQUIFAX, i.e., one of the three major credit bureaus that your banks, credit card companies, courts, etc., report your financial information to.  Basically, if you have ever had a loan, lein, or judgement, they know about you.    In any case, I was checking my credit score and there was a problem requiring me to call customer service.  I called and was answered by Raj, who had an obvious dialect tha ...

Help, I Had A Day. Patient Has An Abscess With A Center Of (s/l Pruritic?) Material. Sm
Mar 16, 2011

I would not think this is correct because this means itchy.  He is definitely not saying pyopoietic.  I feel like I'm losing it....thanks. ...

Audio Transcription Center/Skill Bureau
Dec 03, 2012

Hello all, Has anyone had any dealings with Audio Transcription Center, which is apparently part of or associated with the Skill Bureau?  I got an email saying they wanted to talk tp me after I had already trained for a co. I was not excited about but needed a job. They want a typing test and then 4 audio files to be done for testing.  It's an IC position.  Could not get much information on the phone from the placement person.  Would be interested in any opinions/knowle ...

Foot Pedal Not Working With New Service Center
Aug 18, 2014

I just logged in to the new service center this morning and now my foot pedal isn't working.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions other than calling support? Thanks ...

Outsourced Call Center Work Being Brought Back To The US
Aug 18, 2010

Its about time!!!  Hopefully some MT will follow suit? http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1794247&GT1=33002 ...

Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Med Trans-7th Edition
Feb 12, 2014

I found this book in a used book store.  Bought it becuase it has puzzles in the back I would like to do.  The DVD with supposedly the answers is missing.  Does anyone have this disk who can copy/paste the answers?   ...

BEWARE OF K$R
May 06, 2010

It takes you all day to get your line count.  They do not pay anything.  VERY RUDE!!  They want you to work ALL day and hound you if you dont. ...

Beware Of The Big Three
Jan 06, 2012

I have a friend whose relative is a one of those aspiring Wall Street'ers and he was interested in hearing about my work as an MT.  He had done some research and looked at the publicly traded companies in our industry.  With the growth of an ageing population the documents we provide is more and more needed.  But that also creates a potential for a takeover of publically traded companies.  Just my (or his) opinion. ...

Beware ANP
Sep 10, 2012

I recently responded to an ad on Craig's List for an MT medical editor because I'm interested in getting into that. I got a test and a bunch of info back from a Larry Perrone of ANP Transcription. Fortunately I googled ANP before doing anything and there are piles of complaints here and at other sites about them not paying MTs. I sent Mr. Perrone some samples of comments MTs wrote about their habit of not paying us and told him I won't be working for them. So beware! I guess ...

TTS - IC's Beware!
Aug 01, 2013

I'm sure we are all aware, but if considering employment with them be VERY careful. I have gone round and round for days with them that legally they cannot require a schedule of an IC...but they don't care, one bit. Told me to look elsewhere then, after passing their testing, etc. I cannot believe a company this supposedly big does not even try to care when this issues is addressed to them, makes me want to report them. I know many companies that have been fined for this exact thing an ...

Beware IC Ads
Aug 14, 2014

I'm not sure why I'm still here, ever posting on this board or answering these "employment" ads, but here I still am as are these readers. I have now answered 3 ads over the past several months and received 3 positive responses and took the jobs. (Consider air quotes around the word "jobs" every time you see it, please). I have 32 years of experience and type approximately 350 lph. (I know, I don't really type 350, and I didn't really type 475 lph when we did "gross" l ...