A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If MQ fires you for not meeting your line - requirement

Posted: Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know?

They might, but you could fight back and probably win - keep records

[ In Reply To ..]
When they established the line requirement, I believe back in 2006, we all had a primary and a secondary account. Now we get shuffled all over, with multiple client profiles, and new accounts that we are required to enter all these demographics and cc's and addresses, all of which are not paid, which we never did before (remember someone was paid to fill in all of this stuff by checking a box?).

Then, you explain how, in addition, the line counts were set up for TYPING, not EDITING, and there is a BIG difference in doing each of these kinds of work, and that editing can, most times, take a lot longer to do than straight typing because of ALL OF THE ERRORS IN THEIR SOFTWARE.

I believe you could fight back and totally win. CYA... that is what my uncle always told me. Keep documentation of everything.

MQ Firing - StPat

[ In Reply To ..]
They fired me in January and I had no problems collectng. I didn't file at first because I was afraid of the same thing.

unemployment - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was fired from a completely different company in-house. You file UE until they finally give up. They aren't going to make a trek all the way to your state capital to make an arguement, which they can, but it isn't worth their time or money to send someone (prepared for an arguement, etc) to fight you. I just don't think it will happen. Unfortunately in the sat I live in it take up to 8 weeks to resolve the UE issue. you are given back pay from the day of filing so file immediately! After 8 weeks, whihc will be very hard on the wallet, you's get ALL that they owe you, back pay on UE as well. Purely speaking of my opinion, because I had to do thru the filing, the couner filing and finallly a hearing. I will won!

unemployment - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't start on all of the typos! I see them now. This is not a test but a blog and I spend way too long making sure everything else is perfect. No nit pickers, just pass on by, please!
typos - letitgoo
[ In Reply To ..]
Typos? I know when I am frustrated or upset, my fingers move faster than my little brain can catch the typos--no worries!

Had no problem with unemployment - sm - ks

[ In Reply To ..]
They let me go in June, with a lot of other people, citing low line counts as the reason. I had actually gotten my line count above and beyond where it needed to be, but they went by data from March. I spoke to someone in human resources and he actually told me to file for unemployment, so I did. They didn't fight it at all. Good luck!

Similar Messages:

Not Meeting Line Counts
Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it? ...

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts
Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement? ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

Wow! Since The Meeting With Amy?
Oct 18, 2012

For 2 days now.  Yep...  out of turn around time for over 2 days.  There is overtime for these accounts,  but it seems NO ONE IS WORKING.  These accounts have never been out of turn around time.  ...

So Regarding This Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

All the build up and fussing for basically no reason? ...

Team Meeting
Feb 25, 2010

Just got email about a "team meeting" next week.  I wonder what it's about?  I don't remembering ever having one of these before in my area.  Maybe we're all going to be told we have to work nights now or our jobs are going 100% outsourced, or maybe we're going to get some actual steady work with the Spheris buy.  ...

Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Had A Meeting Yet About All The New Changes? Nm
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Acusis Meeting
Nov 02, 2010

Well now, don't all we US MTs at Acusis feel better after our quarterly meeting? After being informed of all the new accounts signed on, we are told that, of course, they are going to India. But this quote they left us with should soothe us. "In times of great change the learners inherit the earth, while the learned find themselves uniquely equipped to operate in a world that no longer exists." KMA! ...

DTS/Transcend Meeting Pay
Jun 28, 2011

Has anyone actually received pay for manditory meetings we attended discussing the transition from DTS to Transcend?  Our acct mgr even sent out an email saying that payment on the LAST meeting would be delayed until this pay period, but I find nothing on my check stub to suggest we've been paid for any of them yet.  If you have, where is the information located on your check stub?  All I have is straight pay and holiday pay. TIA ...

MT Meeting Today
Mar 19, 2012

The email said 12pm Eastern time, does that mean 11am central time? Sorry if seems like a stupid question, but just wanna be sure. I get confused with time zones. ...

Don't Forget This Meeting!
Mar 13, 2012

March 19th at 12:00 pm Eastern, we will hold our first MT "All Hands" Webcast. Question:  What is the BOOST initiative?   ...

All Hands Meeting
Mar 19, 2012

anyone else trying to attend this all hands meeting?  All I hear is music ...

What Is This All Hands Meeting?
Oct 15, 2012

I've been recently "acquired" by MModal and am jumping through lots of hoops.  Have been informed by our CCM that we are required to attend the All Hands Meeting today at 12 EST.  Just wondering what this is and if it's something I need to worry about.  ...

Do We Get Paid For This Meeting, And If So, Under
Oct 15, 2012

Thanks. ...

Townhall Meeting Available
Nov 14, 2012

Hooray . . .  . the townhall meeting is available for us to watch!!!!  Good, I could use a good laugh today.  ...

Meeting Today
Dec 11, 2012

Please please post meeting info when it is complete today on this site.  This is the only way I am able to keep up during the day.  Thank you!!  I do not plan on any good news that way I am not disappointed.  ...

TRCR Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

Well, the fact that they are saying this meeting is for all TRCR MLS's tells me for sure they are just going to show us the reduced pay scale which will bring us in line with all their other worker bees. ...

Nuance Meeting
Dec 11, 2012

Let me know what was said and how much of a cut we have to take.  I will have my quit resignation notice ready by the time I get home! ...

Questions In Meeting
Apr 17, 2013

F5 n then put in questions. It worked. I sent some questions ...

Managers In Meeting
Nov 18, 2014

Several of the managers I have on my IM have statuses saying they're in a meeting.  Not sure if this is just their regular monthly meetings with the COM or if this has something to do with the new compensation plan or whatever.  Anyone else have managers in meetings all morning?   ...

MT Shame For Not Meeting TAT.
Jun 13, 2015

I am so tired of receiving the frantic emails about TAT, I am tired of being on MOT, I am tired of attempts being made to make the MTs feel like it is THEIR fault the POD has the highest number of unedited jobs in the system.  I am tired of groups being blamed for work going out of TAT when the problem is under staffing.  We are human.  We are limited in the amount of production we can crank out.  If high volume is the case for a week or two, I can understand putting in a lit ...

Another Acusis Meeting. Another Load Of B.S.
Mar 31, 2010

Always the same old song and dance.  The subject of MTs needing more pay per line comes up, and what does the speaker do?  Redirect the focus on all the added "upgrades" to their software they plan to buy (probably for hundreds of thousands of dollars) to "help us be more productive".   Got news for them.  You can only go SO fast.  There IS a limit.  And after all the emphasis on accountability and accuracy, do they not see that speed just increases errors ...

Transcend Townhall Meeting
Oct 09, 2010

Just wondering if anybody went and what was discussed.  I was not able to listen in.  Thanks.  ...

Conference Call/meeting
Feb 16, 2011

It is such a beautiful day today, finally spring is here.  I have DQS refresher course today and am going to take my laptop to the back porch.  2 hours in the sun, with some iced tea and a spring breeze, don't mind if I do!  ...