A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How many pay periods not meeting line count before action is taken? sm - CONFUSED

Posted: Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry about this.  Just wondering if I should prepare to be let go soon.  It's actually ruining my entire holiday season! I'm sorry for venting my I have been crying since my shift ended and I just feel sick to my stomach!  I didn't even take a break today.  I just don't know what else to do.  What's worse, not making your line count or failing an audit? This company makes no sense to me whatsoever!!! 

i would trade you in a second - oh man

[ In Reply To ..]
I cant believe you have straight typing and I would gladly take your "several" accounts. I have 23 different client profiles and 99% editing.

Confused - MountainWoman

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm right there with you, being so frustrated, all I seem to do is cry.

I was told today that for some reason my time in Fluency does not meet the time I am punched in, although I can't imagine why it's not (by HOURS). I never get up, am always working when I'm punched in, but was told today I have to punch out when reading/answering WORK emails!!!! Even so, I spend maybe 10 minutes a day doing this, not hours!!

I think this is the end of my line. I do enough for this job without being paid, and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose money and credibility because of it.

Good luck to you, too.

What!! If you have to punch out when reading would that include sm - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]
reading client profiles. I would spent more time off the clock than on if that were the case! Also, if you clock out to read company emails, etc., do you have to make that time up after your shift. I have a life after my shift, although I'm too exhausted, burnt out, sore, upset, frustrated to live it! Good luck to all of us in this mess.

you should ask them to run that - again

[ In Reply To ..]
Are they saying you are working off the clock, or that you are sitting idle while clocked in? What is your inactive time on Fluency? Is it low, like say, mere minutes? (you can check this on those graph things. I would ask for a redo on that one.
Reply - MountainWoman
[ In Reply To ..]
They are saying I am punched in, but "not logged into Fluency" which is NOT true, at all!! My inactive time is always less than 5 minutes, literally!

I don't know what to do, since I can't "change" anything unless I know what I'm supposedly doing. We all know we can't log out without knowing it, so I'm at a loss. It all started after the 7.3 upgrade, but I'm not doing anything differently. I also produce double what we are required, so obviously I'm not goofing off.

What I don't understand is, why it's so important, if I'm exceeding the minimum requirements, by a long shot, and meeting the 99.6% accuracy. It would seem I am only hurting myself, since I'm not paid by the hour.

I don't know . . . I'm at a loss.
look at your stats - again
[ In Reply To ..]
You can look at a detailed view of your stats for each day. It should show you finished job A at 4:21, job B at 4:33, etc. It should show them there are no big gaps in your production. You probably don't have the capability to run your history, but your TSM does. It shows when you started each job, how long you had it, and when you finished it. Tell your TSM you want to see that on a spreadsheet.

I believe MDs and QA have a lot in common SM - Paloma

[ In Reply To ..]
They both get paid to find fault ... the more problems/faults found, the deeper the pockets.

you gotta quit proofing - you dont have time

[ In Reply To ..]
you just have to proof as you go and send it. Otherwise you will never get enough lines. Anyone who says it's quality, not quantity has never been paid by the line.

I have always passed my audits and have been told (sm) - CONFUSED

[ In Reply To ..]
in the past by several QA's and managers that I am an excellent and even extraordinary MT, like all of you:), and I am just not comfortable without proofing and also I know I spend way too much time researching sometimes. I am starting to only proof portions of only some reports and still come up short. There are days that I just make it but never enough to make up for the days that I don't. I can't even cut out any breaks because I don't take any. I am just tired. How can a company in America treat their employees this way? I feel like they are punishing us for having to pay us. I've never hated a job as much as I do this one right now.

proofing - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sure you've heard this before, but I proof as I go. We were told to re-listen to each dictation...are they kidding? omg I proof as I go. I use Ctrl + 1 a lot (Google) to check unfamiliar terms. Also, when I straight type, my system goes slow! So frustrating! It's like the computer can't keep up with the dictation or the typing or something. It's all fugged up.

If you are in Fluency you can use Ctrl-P - just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are in Fluency if your cursor is after a word you can use Shift-Ctl-P for a definition and Ctrl-P to see it used in context (most common phrases). I like the Google feature too, but seeing as every second counts see if that works for you.

Oh and I don't proof the whole report either. I do the 5-word thing our TSM has been requesting we do.

Make sure you are shutting your computer down completely after each shift (which somehow reshuffles the RAM and makes it work better) and if it still is acting up make sure the check as you type feature is disabled in Tools in Fluency.

Thanks-sm - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been shutting down completely since the beginning. Maybe it's the check as you type thing...I'll try turning that off. I like how in Word if you misspell something like 'the' it'll correct it automatically as you type, but not in Fluency...ugh!
Use Fluency expander for auto-correct. sm - Lexi
[ In Reply To ..]
Make your Fluency expander (Cntrl+E) as an auto-correct feature to correct typos. Add: teh = the; adn = and; patinet = patient. If it is a frequent typo for you, put it in your expander. Same thing with words or meds you frequently misspell. Put it in your expander the way you always spell it so that it automatically "expands" it in the report so it's correct. An example from mine is buspar. When I type buspar, the expander changes it to BuSpar.

I hope that is helpful. I don't come here often, but I will check back to see if I can answer a question about that.

also: clocking in/out - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
If I'm doing /anything/ work-related, I'm being paid for it. That includes reading company email. Since I'm using their machine, I do not check personal email or go to any websites other than Google or the client's website so when they get the machine back they won't find anything questionable on it. Phones these days are useful for checking email, etc. I will be compensated for communication with them or for reading those God-awful client profiles. I'm surprised we aren't allowed a 15-minute break for working 8 hours. Hmmmm

Similar Messages:

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...

Not Meeting Line Counts
Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts
Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement? ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...

Anyone With AP Getting Their Line Count?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone else struggling to get their lines in at AP after loosing a hospital recently?  Maybe I'm signing on at the wrong time of day but usually there are hardly any jobs for at least an hour after I start the day.  Hope I'm not alone or I am doing something very wrong. ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

My Line Count Has Tanked
Oct 21, 2009

I used to do 250-275 lph fairly easily. Lately, I am typing as fast and furious as ever and struggle to get above 200 lph. Not sure what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it ain't me. Also, when did they change the dictating system over to 2 cans and a piece of string?  I CANNOT hear this CRAP.  Even the American guys are starting to sound wind-tunnelish ...

Receiving Only A % Of Line Count??
Dec 04, 2009

Is it typical to only receive a percentage of your edited lines because "editing is faster and better" than straight transcription?  I am new to VR, but this seems odd to me. No wonder I am being paid a decent rate.  LOL  So, when I edit a 50-line report, I only receive 60% of that report.  I'm just curious if this across the board with all companies?? ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...