A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone else having trouble meeting line count requirement at Nuance? - nana2five

Posted: Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering

Is it your accounts or the quality of the voice recognition? - Or is it...

[ In Reply To ..]
terrified of making a mistake because of QA and so you've slowed way down (common)? Which platform are you on?

They send "the easier" and more abundant WTs, whole accounts, offshore, - but neglected to adjust line requirements.

[ In Reply To ..]
Typical of Nuance, sadly.

Yes, constantly. - Just checked...sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and according to the last metrics, only 1/4 of my team met/exceeded the 186 lph requirement. You would think that would tell *someone* that something is very wrong.

Yeah, me, received my verbal warning--sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
My verbal warning was completely justified because I let it slip way too much but some of the reasons why:

1. Lack of consistency on accounts. When you have spent a lot of time with an account, it helps. The account I had for a few years went completely offshore, my next primary of roughly 6 months went to Epic and I have been on my current account since April but a couple of weeks ago heard I was on a list of people to possibly switch accounts again. Have not heard anything since then but at the end of every pay period I worry.

2. VR. I can type, and type a lot and fast. Editing is a completely different skill set that it is not suited to my strengths. It does not engage enough of the senses and leaves my mind to free to wander. I never applied for QA in the past because I knew editing reports and just filling in blanks would not be suited to my skills. Now transcription is really editing and I am BORED OUT OF MY SKULL!!!

3. No balance any more. With the offshoring, there are no longer those gravy reports to help balance the cruddy ones. Somehow, someone else always seems to get the easy ops, etc. which would boost my line count.

4. No motivation. If I were to increase my line count by say 20 lines an hour, at the end of 2 weeks, that really only gives me an additional $68 (20 lines x 80 hours x 0.0413) which I do need but the extra push has wear and tear on me as well and it is really not that much money when you consider how expensive everything is.

So, some of the problem is Nuance's fault, some of the problem is my fault, but I suspect many are in the same boat as me.

Meeting line count at Nuance - nana2five

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, I was just terminated from Nuance because I couldn't meet the line count of 186 lines per minute. I was meeting the requirement for accuracy (99+). I did have some difficult dictators and one that dictated in letter format to the referring doctor so had to look up their addresses. Also was having a hard time adjusting to editing. Would much rather type the report!

Wow - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
With good QA scores what does it matter what your lines per hour are?

Did they warn you, work with you or just BAM?
TTS complained about my line count the first week I was there - Gigi
[ In Reply To ..]
worked for them and coached me about the line count. The Friday night I rushed my grandma to the hospital and came back home to work that morning to work. She died that Saturday and they terminated because my quality was under 98 for that Friday and Saturday and they knew what was going on because I told them....I sent the owner a nice email and bye bye...That was 2 weeks ago. They are a heartless bunch to work for.
Oh, thought it was Nuance - ss
[ In Reply To ..]
I misunderstood. I thought it was Nuance. I have heard people say Nuance is hard up for employees right now and probably wouldn't be letting anyone go.

Sorry for your situation and the lack of compassion some people and companies show. Good luck to you.
I doubt Nuance is hard up for employees--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
There are many of us who are consistently running out of work. Yes some quit and a lot may quit after the new compensation plan, but not enough to give us enough work.
It matters if you are getting MUP--sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
When my TSM gave me my verbal warning, she commented on how great my QA was but said I had to get away from the MUP. If it was not for Christmas coming up, I would probably just quit.

The thing is, 99 percent quality is just a diversion. What it all pretty much comes down to is TAT. They of course do not want the quality to egregious but getting the reports back quickly is the name of the game now.

I constantly have problems meeting line count - Tired of this Job

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been given warnings & placed on a "program" to improve my line count - and apparently not enough. I have fluctuated up and down, but agree with other posters that most of the problem is the fact that once you get a good account the entire thing goes offshore. Or, the good dictators go offshore and the cruddy ones are left here which makes it difficult to have a decent LPH. I want out of this place very bad - and cannot wait until I find something else. It's not worth the worry, the constant pushing, the stress, to work for this place

I have an interview tomorrow - Wish me luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Best of luck to you, and I totally agree with what you have to say.

I am lately - Ratfarm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had been doing good, meeting or exceeding lph, but since this week I'm 200 lines below at the end of the shift but typing the same amount or more of reports. Typing a 14 minute report and only getting 40 lines. Something is fishy

Similar Messages:

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Line Count Requirement Nuance
Mar 06, 2013

Does anyone know the minimum line count per hour required for Nuance for an MLS.  Thanks Vick ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Line Count Requirement
May 07, 2013

Is anyone else having difficulty making required line counts on Accentus Canadian account? ...

Line Count Requirement Change. Lowered For Us
Jul 01, 2013

I'm in FuturNet so it was acutally lowered for me.  Wowza!  ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone Having Trouble Reaching Their Line Count...
May 12, 2010

I work at Focus Infomatics now for a month.  I work on the account that starts with a T.  It has a high ESL.  I am having trouble now reaching my line count requirement.  It has been a month.  I thought I would be up by now.  I have never had this issue before.  If anyone else works on this acct, I would like to know if I am the only one or not?  ...

To The AP Transcriptionists: Now That There Is A Line Requirement And An Hours Requirement (sm)
Sep 25, 2012

what are you all doing when there is no work during whatever your shift may have been?  Are you having to make up the hours elsewhere?  (That could lead to potentially a lot of bouncing around the shifts trying to find work.) ...

Nuance - How Do I Find My Line Count?
May 05, 2011

I know it isnt much as there is hardly any work, but where on earth do I find my line count for escription?  I can find it for anything that goes through QA but not the rest.  Anyone tell me......?  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Think The Nuance Line Count Is Fishy?
May 24, 2012

I think the lines are padded.  After typing all day at break neck speed, I am shocked at the end of the day how low my line count is.  I work for another company doing the same thing, just as fast, and I get double the lines.  Well, we will never know because at Nuance we can't copy the report and paste it into Word to get a line count because it is blocked, I think they do that on purpose and that way we can't check our lines to see if it is accurate, which I know ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Accentus/Nuance - Anyone Not Making Line Count
Feb 24, 2013

Anyone not making line count for Accentus?  I am making about half required and will have 2 weeks to make line count.  Canadian accounts.  What happens if I cannot make it, will they let me go?   ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

What Happens At Nuance If You Are Part-time And Cannot Always Make Line Count?
Apr 26, 2013

I can do it most of the time, but every now and then I miss it, sometimes by as much as 20 lines per hour. I have had 1 email asking that I use my time more productively and make the line count. I actually do use my time as productively as I can. I admit, although I have done this for years, I am not great with VR editing. Also, with the high standards and deductions in FIESA, I really listen and listen again to much of my transcription so I don't fall below wanted numbers there. I am doing ...

Line Requirement For
Mar 15, 2010

Can somebody explain this to me?  I know you can work up to 40 hrs weekly, but what is the required line count?  I'm wanting to go to PT so I can get another PT job somewhere else, as the NJA drives my nuts.  I'm currently required to get 100 lph at FTLB.  Is this also my requirement if I go PT?  CCM has been MIA, so I'm not getting any help there and having a hard time finding exactly what I'm looking for on Central.  Thanks ...

Line Requirement
Dec 05, 2011

Last month, there was a post about a company that requires 12,000 lines per pay period full time requirement. I cannot remember which company it was.  Can anyone refresh my memory? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

Synernet - What Is Their Daily Line Requirement?
Aug 01, 2010

Are you only allowed an 8 hour window to do your work? ...

How Come No One's Talking About The Increased Line Requirement?
Dec 21, 2012

I'm aware of the increase in lines per hour to 186 (average between regular and edited) which I think might be a little challenging to sustain on a regular day-in and day-out basis, but why is no one discussing the increased weekly line requirements. It's a pretty significant jump.  ...

Question - What If You Make Your Line Requirement
Dec 30, 2011

Do I still have to make up those hours?  ...

Has The Weekly Line Requirement Changed?
Dec 15, 2012

/ ...

Has Our Minimum Line Requirement Changed?
Nov 19, 2014

It is still 150 lines/hr for straight isn't it?  (I think I've gotten a total of 3 straight transcription jobs in the last month).  So, is it 150 lines for VR too, which is what the majority of our work is?  Or is the line requirement much higher for VR?  This is all assuming there is work of course........ ...

Does Anyone Know The Line Requirement For Full-time And
Jan 12, 2015

What Is Your Minimum Line Requirement, Typing, VR, Or Combination.
May 03, 2012

x ...

So, Starting Today Is The 1500 Line Requirement On Fluency?
Sep 01, 2013

just wanted to make sure i'm getting it in! ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Nuance. What Is Their Production Requirement
Aug 05, 2011

What is the production requirement for Nuance and how long do you have to meet it?  If you are not meeting it in 90 days do they let you go or do they give you time? ...