A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Not meeting line counts - anon

Posted: Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it?

Well - the

[ In Reply To ..]
ASR is crap and many are bounced around from account to account. Doctors that dictate 20 minutes and you end up with half that being actual dictation. Doctors that speed dictate. Doctors that can't speak English. You name it.

I'm kind of astounded that making line counts - is such a problem....

[ In Reply To ..]
I do 300 to 400 lines an hour. I have a hard time figuring out why so many people cannot make minimum. I have noticed, when looking at backlog of my main account, that there are relatively moderate-sized jobs (less than 100 lines or so) that will be in queues for hours, which sort of floors me.

You - apparently

[ In Reply To ..]
are one of the lucky ones that has good ASR, good consistent accounts, etc. Most aren't so lucky. When the average line counts are about 225, per management, even after Boost, what does that tell you? Not doubting or criticizing you, just pointing out things that maybe you don't know.

Believe me, I know all about the bad stuff - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I get plenty of bad stuff. I have one account that has placeholders, which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. They dictate part of the report, split it, give it another number, dictate more, split it again. Every time you split, you have to import the ADT information (keystrokes we aren't paid for). It is a pain in the butt. Not to mention that if you see a really good job in your queue behind that job, you know you are going to lose it, because when you split the job, that good job will go back in the pool.

I don't expect everyone to be able to do as much as I do. I've always been very fast. Did Data Entry for many years in my 20s. I feel very blessed these days to have these skills so I can survive financially in this pitifully paid job.

I just would think if I can do 300-400, that most people would be able to do at least half that number, that's all I'm saying.
There are some things I skip - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If I have to go digging for something, I don't feel I am paid the time it takes to go do it. If researching doesnt pull it right up for me I leave it blank. I think thats why some are slow, they are taking too much time researching maybe. We are allowed up to 3 blanks per report, so I use that to my advantage.

You are indeed very lucky - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, used to be able to do over 300 lines an hour many years ago doing straight typing and before many of the techological advances. But now I have accounts that are horrible, 80% or more ESL, dictators who can't say 2 words without changing their minds, poor audio, etc., etc. I hope you never have to find out just what it is like when this happens.

I do that too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is only one other person in about 25 or so on my account that gets in the 400 range, highest is 420. I am up to about 412 an hour the past 2 weeks. I think its doable, but it just takes time getting it down and you really have to work with little breaks.

Lucky you - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I could theoretically do that, have done 400 LPH in the past for short times. But, if I were to do that now, I would very soon run out of work. There is just not enough volume of work in my BOB to keep us busy. We are already running low and I kinda go middle speed so I don't run out, 180 to 225 LPH. It's not like the old days, when we ran out of work, our CCM would add work from a helper pool. I don't think those exist anymore.
I still have helper pool - this company is such a fine tuned machine
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it's getting too big for its britches. So many without work, while some work overtime. Some get helper pool, some don't. There's no consistency anywhere.
Things changed drastically after - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
the realignment when some CCMs were let go and we got 1 new account and the MTs who came with it, but lost a few smaller accounts. Were having OT every week, plenty of work, no NJA. But since that time, everything has changed. NJA early part of the day, no helper pools. It's not impacting me yet, only a matter of time though. I work in the evening and so day MTs will need to make up their time and so that runs my work down. So glad I'm getting out soon.
What is helper pool? - TooOldForThis
[ In Reply To ..]
My line count is so low, i dont make minimum wage.. what is helper pool. maybe i need that. can i request to NOT receive OP notes.. they slow me down sooo much. My worst work type.

My prob with counts is before I even get in the job. It is the mess - I have to deal with BEFORE I get SM

[ In Reply To ..]
in the document. Once in, ASR is a snap compared to trying to figure out what WT is should be, is this a doctor that wants things different from the specs, what is the formatting for this facility. And dont forget, the emails with must-do instructions that the specs arent clear about or dont even mention. Oh yea, and the emails with instructions we must follow that are not in the specs because the specs havent been updated in forever. If I could down load a job, move seamlessly throught the ADT, get in the job and alreay know what the facility requires, my line count would be outta the roof.

I do about 300-400 lph at Nuance - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
But it took me a while to get up to that point. I know the specs and doctors at this point. I think I could get to that point with MModal, but I was just wondering how the platform is. I use shortcuts and don't use a pedal, just alt A to go, alt p to pause etc. If I made what you can make in tier 3 at Mmodal at speeds I am doing now I could make a decent living

Every other MTSO I worked, I was high producer. Here, I cant get in the groove, - feel demoralized, cant pay attention. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Me too.. i thought it was just me - TooOldForThis
[ In Reply To ..]
and my line count on my other part time job is 300 to 400 lines per hour, here at MM I am not even meeting minimum wage. I just cannot find my 'groove'...
There is no groove when the client specs are pages - long and then add in the daily emails sm
[ In Reply To ..]
containing more client specs, needs, and wants and special requests and then add to that the fact that the platform is not updated and then be asked to save that somewhere and pull it. Then after you learn that for one report, they snag the entire account and send it overseas.

There is no groove. They wants us all to quit.
My QC told me just follow specs as any new MT would do since they - have no prior emails. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I referred to an email sent by prior (fired) qc and she said she didnt have that email and just follow specs since a new MT would not have those anyway. I asked if that applied to all the emails from her about acct specs. No answer, but heck, to me follow specs only means just that. Then she asked me to forward her the email from prior QC. Yeah, like that's gonna happen, maybe when pigs fly.

Let MM retrieve all previous sent emails from before the firings and mess up. MM wanted this mess, let them try and make it right.
I was told acct specs should be updated to include new important - info. Shoulda, woulda, coulda, says Judge Judy. n
[ In Reply To ..]
xs

Similar Messages:

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts
Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement? ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...

Highest Line Counts....
Jul 19, 2010

My highest line count in a day is 2012.... I am wondering what everyone else's record is and how long it took them to get it ?????  ...

What Line Counts Standards Are Out There
Jul 29, 2010

I am just curious as to what line count standards are out there. What are your line count requirements for the day and how much do you use your QA for things like missing encounters, unable to ID patients, incorrect work types? Where I work our standards are relatively lower than other places, however, we also are required to match encounters, determine the work type, send an email for each work type or inrcorrect MRN, create a temporary patient if we cannot find the patient anywhere in the s ...