A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts - Just Curious

Posted: Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement?

Patient First - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, how did you pass their test? I was overwhelmed by the bad dictators they had, so I just gave up. I could not decipher. Oh well. Congrats on passing the test anyway.

Patient First - MTC

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't let them stick you with doing old dictations. It is their way of getting you to do chart corrections. Sometimes as many as 75-100 a day. They pay you 30 min of admin time for doing it, but that is a joke! It always took a lot longer than that. Hated it there.

Patient First - anony

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for them years ago when they were first starting out and only had 4 centers in virginia. At that time, we worked in office. They didn't go to work at home until a few years ago. At first, it was the best job I ever had. It was small but growing and there was a family feeling about it. You had access to high management and could voice concerns or whatever. However, over the years, it changed. They got rid of people or fired people who started out out with them and put in people who had no idea about transcription or what made it work. They used their own system at that time which was clunky and rather slow. not sure what they are using now but I've talked to one and from what I can remember, they use MS word I think. Not sure. it's been a while.

Anyway, they've gotten the attitude I think of the big MTSOs. They have grown so much and have gone into other states now. I would think twice about going there. We used to joke and call it Doc in the box!

Patient First - burnt fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work at PF. Abbreviations really are not as many as you think. Dictations are rather short, so you have to do more of them. If you can make it through the QA trial, I think that is the biggest hurdle. It takes on average 5-6 hours to get the minimum 1400/day for me. Of note, I think it may be better to be on the "current" dictation side of things instead of the "back" dictation as they refer to it, even though they pay more for the "back" dictation. After you are off QA, if you work as you should, you hear nothing from nobody nowhere at no time. Not the greatest place I have worked, but it could be worse.

current employee at PF - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, first of all, they do not use a TON of abbreviations. They use a lot, but most of them are what you would use anyway - bid, tid, MI, COPD, etc. What is not on the abbrev list MUST be spell out. Things like ACL, PCL, AICD, VA Hospital, etc., are all spelled out. You actually come out better off, so don't worry about the abbrev. You are paid on a 50 character line with spaces to help compensate for the abbrev. they do use. It does not take me long at all to get the 1400 lines. I finished up at about 11:00 a.m. today, have the rest of the day off!

I wouldn't listen to those who worked there ages ago, back when they had 4 clinics (they have 44 and counting now). You are treated better here than at any other job I have had, including my old hospital job. Employee appreciation gifts, a generous Christmas bonus (check), fair pay, NO VR, triple time for holidays, etc. Your time is your own, no reporting in to anyone. Work early or sleep in and work late, doesn't matter.

For anyone to compare what PF offers to any type of MTSO is laughable! Laughing my way all the way to the bank, ha, ha, ha!

Pay rate - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
At the rate I have heard they pay, though, if 1400 lines is what you type per day, isn't that only about $90 or so a day? Or maybe I misunderstand? Can you easily double or triple that production if desired? Otherwise I don't see how it can support a household. Thanks, just wondering.

pay rate - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
As far as I know, they have not changed their pay rate, which comes out to a little over 100.00 for 1400 lines. I finished up in about 4 hours and 15 minutes today, or about 25.00/hour. I do not support a household, so not sure if that pay rate would suffice for someone, but that is essentially part time work. Benefits are reasonable and PTO is pretty generous, so they don't eat into your check the way they might with a large service. You can work much more than 1400 lines if you want, that is just the minimum. I usually do more, just nice on a Fri to finish up early and stretch it into a long weekend. (work days are M-F, no weekends).

Editing at the MTSOs comes in about 16.00/hour (400 lph x 0.04 cpl). I could hit that range with decent docs on editing, but not consistently throughout the day, so that pay rate is being generous. Also, had to punch a clock at MTSO and was out of work as much as I was on, so my check was never close to what it is now.

To - Curious - ...PF MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The 1400 lines is the minimum required. I usually work 6-7 hours a day and produce between 1800-2200 lines. I have been here a few years, though. Some days are longer than others, depending on who I am transcribing. Once I learned the abbreviations, the account specs got through QA, then made better use of my expander, my production increased. A lot of the suggestions were made by other MTs on this site on how to increase production and get rid of distractions. I love it here.

No VR at PF - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
If they have no VR, they soon will have or they will have no new accounts. The MTs will be facing NJA with them just as they do anywhere else. I think there might be scheduling issues with the "work when you want" mentality. How do they meet turn around time or handle stats if people work when they feel like it? If I were an employer, I would not want my staff to meet their minimum and take the rest of the day off. If it is employee status, I'm surprised they tolerate it. This is a job like any other and your time is not your own. It doesn't take much to make you laugh. 1400 lines a day at .07 a line is $12.25 per hour for an 8-hour shift.

No VR at PF - current employee at PF

[ In Reply To ..]
PF is not a service. They do not take accounts, they are a self-staffed group of clinics. I have been there for a while and never have had a single moment with NJA. They meet their own TATs, not a client's, and there is no stat.

We are full time employees with full time benefits. We have no scheduling issues with "work when you want." We have made out just fine with this policy and will continue to do so. If you prefer a schedule and time clock, so be it. I do not, so this works for me. Once I meet the obligation of my job, my time is my own. That is why this appeals to me.

Well, if you had read my note all the way through, I had worked for 4 hours and 15 minutes, so that comes out to a little over $25.00/hr, not $12.25! Also, with holidays paying triple time, that comes out to $72.66/hr! Also got paid a $100.00 bonus on top of regular pay this year for working the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas eve, and New Year's Eve, or $48.56/hr. So compared to editing, if you can sustain a rate of 400 lph, that is $16.00/hr. So, yes, I will take that to the bank any day!

It probably works for them because no middle man - probably cheaper, too (SM)

[ In Reply To ..]
It really is a great business model. They have their own employees, no MTSO middle man skimming off the top, so they are able to pay better, and it sounds like they make a real effort to recruit good and reliable MTs, so the work gets done. They realized that they would never get the work done with only local MTs (labor pool not big enough), so they expanded their labor pool by recruiting nationwide.

Wow, did you read the post at all? - MHCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
This is NOT a service. There is no middleman. They don't have to deal with "NJA" like the Nuances and/or M-Modals of the world. They treat their MTs with respect and reward them for it. What a concept, huh?
Patient First - MTMS
[ In Reply To ..]
So did anyone ever say if you have to travel to the site to train?
travel - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You have to travel for the final interview, attend the HIPPA training and the benefits meeting. You train on the actual work from home.
Yes I did - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I read the post. No where was it stated that Patient First was not a service; silly me, I thought they were. I had to go to their web site to get more information.

Similar Messages:

Not Meeting Line Counts
Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it? ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

Patient First Line Counts
May 07, 2015

Can anyone who is a current employee of Patient First tell me how many lines they average in a day's time?  I've read what the minimum is, and I've read that you have basically a 23-hour window to get the lines in for the day, but do any of you actually type more than the minimum on a consistent basis?  I've read that people "never run out of work," but is that because you hit 1500 and stop?  I've read on this board that the lines are calcul ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Counts - An Accurate Line Counter?
Aug 14, 2012

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of an accurate line counter. I currently use Word, but am not sure if it's accurate.  ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone Else Having Problems Meeting Daily Line Count?
May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else?  ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

OSI Line Counts..
Aug 05, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what OSI cuts out of their line counts?  Seeing as they use a remote website for line counts, it is pretty obvious they cut corners with what MTs get paid on.  I was just wondering WHAT are the cutting?  Do they only pay 1 space?  Do they not pay if you copy and paste? Do they only pay on a % per page - meaning if you have little on 1 page you aren't going to get any credit for those lines, etc?  Just curio ...

Line Counts Less?
Sep 07, 2010

Is it me, or does it seem that since 6.1 went into effect, my counts are a lot lower than usual when I check them under statistics. ...

Line Counts And ESL
Nov 12, 2011

I know this has been discussed before, but what is up with these line counts?  I used to have no problem doing 200+ lph.  Now, I work at the same pace on an account with less ESL speakers and I struggle to get my required 150 lph.  I won't even comment on the fact that my straight typing has dwindled away to maybe 10 lines a day...on a good day.  Thanks for listening...this is just all so very frustrating.  I try to keep a positive attitude and be very diligent about my work and ...

Line Counts/KNR
Feb 03, 2012

For MTs with this company, are any of you having trouble meeting the line count required with VBC within a 40-hour timeframe?  I even have expander program.   ...

Ok, Seriously, Regarding Line Counts
Jul 12, 2012

I posted yesterday and had lots of views, but no one replied.  Every time I check a line count in different online "character counters", it is about 10% over my MM count.  What is the most accurate way? ...

ASR And Line Counts
Apr 19, 2013

I was wondering if any of you could tell me your average LPH. Is the ASR at Nuance pretty accurate or are you constantly making corrections? How many lines per day are you able to do? I was offered a job here and I know I can trust you more than the recruiter to tell me the truth. Are the top producers really able to make a decent paycheck? Are you kept on your primary accounts for the most part? TIA. ...

Line Counts Off?
Mar 10, 2014

Is anyone's line count for today WAY OFF??  I've been working all morning and it seems to be waaaaaaaay too low! ...

Line Counts
May 18, 2015

Anyone out there finding that their lines are dropping for no apparent reason?  Have been struggling for 2 weeks to get minimum 150 lph, doing nothing different than I've ever done, same amount of work, same clients, same hours but lines suck.  What are the chances they are messing with our bean counter?? ...

QA Line Counts
Jun 23, 2015

How many lines are reasonable to expect from QA per hour?  Is a flat rate of 0.09/line count a good rate?  Any info would be appreciated! Thanks- ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Transtech Line Counts
Feb 05, 2010

I would just like to know who DOES get their line counts in every pay period.  It seems I am always a little short due to low volume?  I hope I am not in the same boat........Thanks for the input! ...

Etransplus Line Counts
May 03, 2010

Does anyone who's recently been hired or who have been there a while tell me what the current line counts are for those who want to be full-time employment status at Etransplus?  I work on VA accounts and was told it was 10,0001 per pay period, but I've been told by one of the office staff that it was 12,000.  I've sent email after email to the supervisors with no response.  Does anyone know?  I just want to make sure I'm hitting the right target.  Th ...

What Could Be The Reason For Odd Line Counts?
May 12, 2010

According to the Escript, I'm doing an average of 300 lph on VR but usually at the end of 8 hours, I don't top 1100 liines most days.  On Dictaphone's ExSpeech, i used to consistently do 1800-2400 a day on a combination. I have noticed with EScript that 1 day a week, my lines will hit 1200-1300, and I even hit 1500 one  day, yet the lph were still 300.  It doesn't make sense. No, I do not take breaks.  Half the time I don't stop ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

Line Counts And Templates
Jun 22, 2010

Hi - I have a question regarding counting templates. I have a new doc who wants me to only count what he dictates, and not the templated review of systems, past medical history, social history, etc. which is all unchanged (unless he says to change it). Do you cut and paste your work into a "count" file to get the total, or do you tell the doctor that it has to be included in the count. And what about the times he does make changes to the "templated items". I welcome any suggestions. ...

Regarding Consistency In Line Counts...does Anyone Else Have
Jul 17, 2010

extreme trouble being consistent in their line counts? Some days I struggle to get half my lines and some days I can double them.  Of course there are factors that influence that like lack of work, which account I am on, if I am having technical difficulty or if I am having an off day personally, but when I look at my timesheets, I look like the most random person on earth.  I know many people say they work 7 days a week to get their lines, etc., and I have most certainly been th ...

Highest Line Counts....
Jul 19, 2010

My highest line count in a day is 2012.... I am wondering what everyone else's record is and how long it took them to get it ?????  ...