A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone else having problems meeting daily line count? - Tired MT

Posted: May 06, 2015

My main account just switched to full-time EPIC, and I can't achieve the minimum 150 LPH no matter how hard I try.  The text is usually 1 to 10 lines, but the ADT still has to be filled in and checked and a QA marker left for the information not given.  I figure I am typing 5 lines free and 10 lines paid each dictation.  Add to the mix an ESL dictator, and I fall behind even further.  Anyone else? 

no - idea

[ In Reply To ..]
i stopped paying attention to my line count ages ago. except for what i see on that little ticker thing each time you download a new report. from what i can tell, i'm close to the 150, but i imagine a month ago i wasn't even close since they put me on all new accounts...again. i'm just starting to feel a little more familiar with these and am picking up speed. but i've never been the fastest typist. not the slowest, but not the fastest, and that has always been ok with me, at least it was, back in the day of hourly wages. but my spirit has been killed by this company and i just don't care about my performance anymore. i do what i do, which is generally pretty darn good. they can worry about the rest of it. i'm done worrying. at least for this week.

Nobody could make a living or meet lph under those conditions! - unconscionable

[ In Reply To ..]
Absolutely disgusting and unconscionable that they do not pay for the time you spend entering ADT.

With the multitude of corrections and stopping to edit, I barely make lph despite only entering some ADT information.

Out of curiosity, keep track of the total time spent uploading and downloading jobs and entering ADT. Just use one of those free stopwatch programs and stop and start it. Then confront TSM with the information. And keep the information for the employment board when they try to fire you or chastise you for not meeting lph.

daily line count - Grasshopper

[ In Reply To ..]
I am seeing the trend....we don't work for the same companies, but the story is the same across the board. ALL companies seem to be at the top of the pyramid and we are stumbling over each other at the bottom, trying to survive on the few crumbs they throw. We NEED to all walk out, go on strike, and see how they get the work done then, with all new "scabs" who cross the picket line. This is totally ridiculous and something needs to be done. This used to be a lucrative career. Now, not so much. So disappointed.

not making line count - jobaby

[ In Reply To ..]
I am supposed to be typing 187.5 lines/hr and not making it. Even with VR, have to deal with ADT info, check cosigners, and if that is not enough to slow you down, ESL docs come on and can hardly understand them, so have to slow down. They are talking about my not making "minimum wage" although I am paid by the hour. I agree, we need a union or something to wake them up. I can hold a picket sign.

not making line count - nmm

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would anyone DISLIKE this post? Makes total sense to me. Stop being so hateful for no reason at all. Stop being hateful period!

Grasshopper - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I love your thought process,,,but here at the big M, we can't even get people to stop doing the mandatory OT that has been going on for months now..There will always be those people that have to work, sometimes feeding family comes first and I can't blame them for that. I am very thankful not to have that worry anymore. I am with you, I am with the force the change group..

Similar Messages:

What Is A Good Daily Line Count For RAD MT?
Sep 09, 2011

I have always been paid by report.  What is a good line count per day (8-hour shift) for a good radiology MT? Thanks for any help.   ...

How Many Pay Periods Not Meeting Line Count Before Action Is Taken? Sm
Dec 13, 2013

I just don't know what else I can do without really doing any proofreading.  I never ever had this problem before.  I am lucky enough to still do straight typing but the program is slow and I do have several accts in my pool which we all know is not the best way to work when you work on production.  I am looking for another job and actually had 2 interviews outside of MT and I am just hoping and praying, but in the meantime I have never been so frustrated and downright angry ...

Anyone At Accentus/Nuance Ever Got Fired For Not Meeting The Line Count?
Feb 02, 2013

I was wondering if anyone at Accentus ever got fired for not meeting the line count? ...

Anyone Else Having Trouble Meeting Line Count Requirement At Nuance?
Nov 06, 2014

Just wondering ...

Finding Daily/per Report Line Count For FutureNet
Jan 14, 2013

I'm a recent acquisition and haven't been given any info for new employee information for M*Modal.  I've been reading through the Human Resource categories on the Intranet, but can't find where it tells you how to check your daily line counts. Could someone please direct me where to look? I'm on the FutureNet platform but we weren't given any references or written instructions. Thanks! ...

I Work Part-time, Trouble Meeting Line Count, Do I Need A Different Job?
Apr 05, 2013

I work for a national service who has a line count quota of about 185. I've only worked there about 4 months and cannot make that quota. Told several times I need to increase my line count, learn the shortcuts, etc. I still cannot increase my line count. Lately they haven't said anything. Maybe it's because I'm just parttime and I always work my shift. I worry each day that I'll get a phone call or email that I'm terminated because I can't get that dang line co ...

Anyone Heard Of Having To Post Line Count In Fiesa Daily To Be Paid?
Sep 18, 2013

I switched to a new account and this is how the TSM keeps track. Where do I post this?   Never had to do this before.  In fact, I never even looked at Fiesa. ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

If MQ Fires You For Not Meeting Your Line
Oct 06, 2011

will they fight you in getting unemployment?  Anyone know? ...

Not Meeting Line Counts
Nov 16, 2012

I see a lot of people aren't making the line counts.  Is the platform difficult? Are there keyboard shortcuts on it? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

Patient First-Meeting Line Counts
Apr 18, 2013

I know that Patient First has a full-time line commitment of 1400 lines per day but they also use a TON of abbreviations.    I am curious if this makes it hard to hit the requirement? ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Can We Get Unemployment If Fired For Not Meeting Line Counts?
Nov 17, 2011

I am getting worried.  I just can't get my line count up to 150. I have been an MT for 1 1/2 years only and am really trying.  I am close, but not close enough.  I get so many ESL's and have 5 different accounts to remember all the specifics.  My audits are great, but the line count is not up to 150 (varies from 112 to 120).  My worry is if I get fired for low line count, can I get unemployment (WI)?  Any info will help. ...

Synernet - What Is Their Daily Line Requirement?
Aug 01, 2010

Are you only allowed an 8 hour window to do your work? ...

6 And 4? What Happened To 9 And 6? Line Rates Go Down Daily! Sm
Apr 23, 2015

Working for 6 cents seems so little... smh... I just don't know anymore. Maybe go work at Arbys? ...

My Daily Line Counts Have Dropped Quite A Bit After All This
Apr 29, 2015

mandatory OT.  I'm too tired and burnt out, and my hands hurt too bad.  It's having the opposite effect of what they're intending...  I guess if whoever is making the mandatory OT decision knew anything about business, though, they'd know that too much OT for too long is counter-productive. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Just Curious About Average Daily Line Counts
Jan 16, 2011

I am just curious here. For those of you who work an 8-hour day with lunch break, other breaks, etc, what is your average daily line count? ...

What Is The Required Line Counts Daily/pay Period?
Apr 04, 2012

Need to know if I can produce.  :) ...

Alliance Health Documentation Trouble Meeting Line Production?
Nov 14, 2014

Anyone having trouble meeting line production? ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...