A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you are an IC for TTS, please reply.... - Pumpkin5

Posted: Mar 23, 2010

Do you feel you are getting a good rate, and most importantly, do you set your hours?  Do you work weekends, etc.?  I am wondering how flexible they are for ICs.  Thanks!

They are not flexible at all - Me

[ In Reply To ..]
You are expected to work a schedule, even though you are an IC. If you are not logged in during your 'scheduled' hours, they will likely be calling you.

You are required to work weekends. Below average pay rate for IC. 8cpl/4cpl.

There is a TTS advocate who will say that I am lying about working a schedule. She will be posting here in 5....4....3....2...

You most definitely must work a schedule. If you start deviating too much, they will begin to threaten you, then terminate you. If you need flexibility, TTS is not the place.

TTS - needajobmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree with the above. TTS is not flexible at all. They do want a strict shift even though they are not supposed to when you are an IC. They want you to be signed up on yahoo messenger to be readily available for them so they can bombarde you with well your shift started 3 minutes ago where are you??? and boy that was an awfully long bathroom break!! Stay away!!

I don't think so - sm - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have NEVER had that problem. I take bathroom breaks, grab a snack, etc. and even started a little late and they have never done that to me. The complainers must really be slackers if that happens. All I can say.
How very petty and unprofessional - me
[ In Reply To ..]

omg, I thought MQ was bad - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
but, at least I can eat and go to the bathroom in peace, even multiple times a day. lol

LOL - Geez

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd probably put an "away" message on my messenger and conveniently "forget" to take it off. I think I've heard everything now, lol!

LMAO - Sam

[ In Reply To ..]
"She will be posting here in 5....4....3...2..." Too funny and too true!

LMAO - sm - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Sam - I know for a fact you could not make the cut on TTS - after being put on at least 2 different accts there and still could not make the line count. No wonder you decide to come on here and bash a company - one that gave you a chance and you fell short. Now I am LMAO!!!!

LMAO - Sam
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know who you think I am but I only had one account and because of your poor excuse for IT was never able to work through technical issues...but then again, I guess it's not important to be able to send reports to the facility...yeah, my bad. NOT!

One word to describe them.. - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
RIDICULOUS!!!! Worst IC job EVER. Yes, they do call you if you take a break and I had never had that happen on ANY job, employee or otherwise. I find it bizarre and micromanage-ish. I totally get the whole committing to a schedule even though your an IC so they can properly staff an account but they go above and beyond what I call reasonable. If you go there, don't say that we didn't warn you. The whole point of going IC is to have a little flexibility in your day as long as you get your required lines in. If you cannot go to the bathroom or have lunch, what is the whole point. When you contribute to my taxes, then you can tell me if I can have a lunch but not until then.

If you want to work only when you want to - sm - Happy MT

[ In Reply To ..]
then go get your own account. If that's how you do things then you deserve to be chased around. Just try going out and work some place and punch a time clock and see how much freedom you have! TTS has to make sure the work gets done and they (or any other place for that matter) can't do it if everyone is working only when they want to.

Happy .. Linda? - bugsy

[ In Reply To ..]
OMG, that sounds just like something Linda would say and probably has said to her contractors many times. People need to start turning these kinds of companies in to the authorities as you are covered under IRS guidelines and not company policy to submit a schedule and if YOU have changes to it to notify the company. And, before the crazies jump on me, I would fully expect that you work that schedule that you submitted.
That's the mentality - sm - Happy MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Everytime anyone comes on here and says something good about the company everyone always thinks it's a suit. Well guess what...I'm just an MT, like it or not! Did anyone ever think it IS possible to be happy here!!!!!!!! Oh, that's right...you all know better. You probably are the ones who can't cut it.
Mentality? - bugsy
[ In Reply To ..]
I could care less if you are a suit or not. I am sure it is possible to be happy anywhere, including prison! I cut it and then when I learned the underhanded foolishness going on, I left and without hard feelings, I might add. Fact is, though, if you are willing to subject yourself as an IC, for less money, and still give up your independent status, and are "happy" with that, good luck to you. MTs need to be a bit more professional and stand up for what is right for all, not just because they are "happy" and perhaps getting the deal they personally want. Why in the heck do you think this industry is down the dumper? Oh wait, you are happy and probably don't give a hoot that it is going to hell around us.

I have punched a time clock before - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
when I worked for a hospital. I clocked in at the beginning of my shift, clocked out for lunch and back in and then back out at night and guess what. No one ever called me during the day to see if I was sitting at my desk every moment or wondered how much longer I would be at lunch or what I was doing.

Then they should hire employees and pay taxes. sm - nosa

[ In Reply To ..]
What they are doing is ILLEGAL. Things will be changing though. The IRS has been alerted. Also, if you are an IC and are let go, you CAN collect unemployment because they do not fulfill the IRS requirements.
sorry unemployment for IC isn't correct - unfortunately
[ In Reply To ..]
If premiums have not been paid into unemployment insurance, then there are no benefits for the IC.
Wrong! If a company is illegally hiring ICs and...sm - nosa
[ In Reply To ..]
they let you go, you WILL be able to collect. The company will be investigated and fined. Why do you think that certain companies only hire employees?....because they have incurred the wrath of the IRS. The fines are pretty hefty so I have heard.
Doesn't have a thing to do with whether or not UE was paid - Usta B
[ In Reply To ..]
You can't be the "principal" in a company and collect UE. I know people who are paid by check just like their employees, they pay UE on themselves just like their employees, and yet when things went south the good ol' IRS said-- too bad so sad.

HOWEVER, as Nosa points out, if you are an IC being treated as an employee and you can prove that (so monitor those phone calls!), you will prove you are an EMPLOYEE and thus eligible for UE, as well as making it so TTC and their ilk learn how to do LEGITIMATE business.

Then don't hire IC - Independent Contractor

[ In Reply To ..]
and hire only employees. The benefit to the company for IC is that they don't have to pay taxes, unemployment, etc. The benefit to being an IC is that you have a flexible schedule and you are essentially your own boss. The contractor lets the IC know what they need as far as what kind of production they would like to see and in what TIME FRAME (ie 800 lines per day or whatever), and that is it. If the IC gets those lines done at whatever time of day then that is all that needs to be said. If you have an account that has stricter TAT than 24 hours, then you only hire employees for that account so that it is easier to manage. There is a benefit to the company for having IC, as stated above the taxes etc, but in this scenario, what is the benefit to the IC if in every other way they are treated as an employee? This isn't rocket science and just because other MTs have a better understanding than you do of what being an IC really means, doesn't mean that they are lazy or don't do a good job. They expect to pay their own taxes and not have umemployment benefits if they should happen to lose their job, but that is the COMPROMISE that they choose in order to have a flexible schedule. If an IC finds that during the time that they are available to work that there is no work on the account, then they adjust THEIR schedule accordingly in order to make money.
Beautifully put. I wish these kind of companies would just now get it - Wanting their cake and eat it too
[ In Reply To ..]
We do sacrifice and give up things like benefits, unemployment etc for the flexibility of being an IC. I think the majority of ICs keep their commitment on how much they agree to do in a day. Yes, I am sure there are those who take advantage of it and disappear, but I for one needed to type 1000 lines a day at least to live. That was my motivation along side what I committed to. Who wants to be babysat and micromanaged. I will go back to punching a time clock and making more money for that.

You don't get what an IC is - my goodness

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are concerned about TAT they need to hire employees. If they are an IC as long as they have work back by a certain time they can work whenever they want to. I could call the IRS and report them because they don't seem to understand what an IC is.
They have already been reported...Actually my list...sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
has gotten pretty long. I have been compiling it based on the postings on the Job Seeker's board.
good for you. - Independent Contractor
[ In Reply To ..]
It is about time companies like this quit getting away with tactics like this. I have never worked for TTS before, but there are too many ppl on here who have the same story about this company and them trying to bully ICs into a schedule.
And apparently an extremely low salary to boot - Been Observing Posts
[ In Reply To ..]
A whopping 3 cpl editing and nonstop IM harassment doesn't sound like an ideal company to work for. Geesh...
Low salary - - 3 cpl editing - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, apparently they have their companies mixed up.
I have every demanding email from TTS while I was a contractor, happy to share these with you! (and - ex-TTS
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I'd love to see those! - ExProScripter
[ In Reply To ..]
I'd love to see those to compare them to the ones I used to get when I worked for ProScript, another offender of hiring ICs and then badgering nonstop if you aren't on and working 24/7.

Similar Messages:

Please Reply!
Mar 24, 2012

I was wondering if anyone would know of a company that would hire someone that is enrolled in their medical transcription courses? ...

Reply To SM
Dec 13, 2012

You are without a doubt the rudest and most negative person I have ever met. for your information, I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1988, 24 years. How dare you call me a snail typist when you don't even know me?!!!!Also, telling me not to come here and gripe well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!!! All I see on this site is griping. But I see this is only for the select few. I hope you have a very negative Christmas as that is what you seem to enjoy the most. ...

No Reply From TSM
Nov 12, 2013

Gettin' a bit tired of never hearing back from my TSM about something that I've been trying to get an answer on now for over a week.  Very aggravated!!!!! ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

How Long Does It Usually Take To Get A Reply
May 16, 2011

I recently graduated and have applied to three jobs that accept newbies. My first application went in last week, they replied and asked me to go through the application testing. I turned it in on thursday and i know it takes time but im really anxious. ...

Ever Get A Reply By Email?
Apr 25, 2012

It's management trying to figure out who you are? but maybe I'm just being paranoid. ...

Posting A Reply
Mar 03, 2014

I feel dumb having to ask this, as I'm usually pretty good with navigating sites and figuring things out on my own.  How does one go about posting a reply, or replying to a post that gives no email or contact info? ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

Acct. Mgrs Who Don't Reply!!
Apr 19, 2011

I've typed reports that never show up and when I ask about it I get NO answers from anyone.  I'm so sick of this company. ...

Does Anyone EVER Hear From Job Postings That You Reply To?
Dec 01, 2011

I have responded to several job postings and have not heard back from ANY of them?  I have many years experience and in most cases over qualified for the work.  I am willing to work evenings and weekends.  What is wrong with this picture?  ...

Got A Reply From ScribeRight, Suggestions Anyone?
May 11, 2012

Ok, so I heard some great things about ScribeRight so I sent them my resume via their website. I got a reply back today, asking me a couple simple questions about my skills and also sent 4 files to transcribe (3 sound pretty easy, 1 will be hard for me since I have no experience in that field, Onc). My question is....is it worth it to move? The company I currently work for (and have for many years) is 0.045 SRT/.07 straight typing. My pay scale has consistently gone down the last 2 years (surpr ...

Fox Transcription Application Reply
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for Fox Transcription to reply as to whether or not you passed the application process?   ...

Hey Lemme See - See Reply To Your Post Below (NM)
Oct 03, 2012

x ...

Since Our Reorganization I Never Get A Reply To Emails Like
Oct 07, 2012

did everyone go?  They tell us who to email for what scenario, but then it takes forever to receive a reply.  Is this really the Nuance way that Transcend has adopted?  I wonder if they'll reply or acknowledge my resignation.  I doubt it.   I emailed it 5 days ago and have received not a word.  Good luck to all Transcenders.  It used to be a nice place to work.  ...

This Is Reply I Made To Someone On The Nuance
Nov 20, 2012

This was in answer to a question regarding why we continue to bang our heads against a wall working for these evil MTSOs:  When my little mid-sized MTSO was gobbled up by a larger one, lots of people who knew the score bailed immediately. I'd never been through a buyout before, and when they had their big conference call telling us "nothing would change" for us, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. The next meeting a few months later told us that, "well... there might ...

What Is Your Email Reply Ratio? (sm)
Jan 03, 2013

What percentage of emails to the MTSO asking a question are answered? ...

** IMEDx And REPLY ALL EMAIL
Dec 04, 2014

First, I agree, why do people reply all. BUT, why does DH and others in management position send out blanket emails to everyone - tit for tat I guess. Working for years with TT/Imedx, and I don't want to keep hearing about what others are not doing regarding TAT, etc. I do my work and am on time and work full shifts. Medical transcription is truly a bizarre world. I have worked for major companies and small ones too, and NEVER have I seen such a crazy lot. PS - have YOU used up your PTOs ...

Anyone Still Waiting For A Reply From MxSecure Payroll
Jan 27, 2011

First employee check from the company (been an IC for over 5 years, went to employee status Jan 1) and I wasn't paid for my hours, only my production which equaled less than min wage for the hours. I've emailed them time and time again since 1/18/11 and all I get is "we're working on it" without any type of real answer as to what it is they are working on. IMO, there's no "working on it" - you're either going to pay my min wage or not. Why is it so hard to get a straig ...

What If We All Sued The Hospitals? Pls Read And Reply.
Oct 08, 2012

If HIPPA is as important as we are told.... and India does not have to abide by HIPPA,... what is to keep us from finding out if our own personal doctors and hospital off-shores there transcription to India, such as via M*Modal. If so, then could we sue our hospital for not making sure that our own personal information is not secure. If enough Americans start doing this.....it could possibly change our MT jobs. Is this a crazy idea??...or could it be possible??? ...

How Long Does It Take For Entrada To Reply After Testing?
Oct 09, 2012

How long does it take for Entrada to reply after testing?  I really hate wasting my time only to have no response.   ...

No Reply To Email, 9 Days And Counting
Mar 01, 2013

Don't you just love it. We're supposed to be sitting here with one foot in the air, ready to reply immediately to any e-mails sent out by our managers, but apparently what's good for the goose isn't good for the minions.9 days ago I e-mailed my boss, her boss, AND the person in HR who handles our group, letting them know of an impending situation for which I am going to need some time off.Can you hear the crickets chirping? I can, and that's all I can hear. ...

Why Do Companies Post Jobs And Never Reply?
May 20, 2015

It's become increasingly worse. If you advertise and receive resumes from MTs who are qualified, at least set up an auto response stating you have received their E-mail. It's common courtesy. And companies wonder why they can't obtain or retain help. Well, when you can't be bothered to even communicate at a minimum level, do not expect to receive excellent help in return.  ...

Need An IC Job. Anyone With A Heart Willing To Give Me A Lead, Please Reply. Thank You. Nm
May 28, 2015

x ...

MODERATOR: How Do We Reply Directly Onder A Post?
May 16, 2010

A lot of times, I have replied under a post just to have it go to the 'bottom' of the posts. We used to be able to post directly under the OP and it woulod show up there. Lately, it goes under the totally last posting if there are other posters commenting to each other.  if i hit post reply under the OP, it still shows up as the last reply. It never used to be that way. I'm also getting a message that my email address is not in the proper format...yet it is. What's ...

Am I Naive To Expect A Reply To My Question Posted
Mar 20, 2012

Yes.  Never mind, just answered my own question. ...

Anyone Receive A Reply From The Transcription Doctors Job Post On Their Post For Editscript MTs?
Mar 24, 2010

nm ...

Those Getting "mouse Reports" Should Reply With Email That
Feb 16, 2011

x ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...