A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone EVER hear from job postings that you reply to? - experiencedmt

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

I have responded to several job postings and have not heard back from ANY of them?  I have many years experience and in most cases over qualified for the work.  I am willing to work evenings and weekends.  What is wrong with this picture? 

Does anyone EVER hear from job postings that you reply to - Vera

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same problem. I have 32+ years experience too. I realize they have lots of resumes to shift through, but if they would only send an Email out to me giving me an answer one way or the other would be nice. I was willing even to take a job for 7 cents a line too at some.

Does anyone EVER hear from job postings that you reply to? - experiencedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
7 cents is SLAVE wages!

You are incorrect. A good MT can make excellent money at 7 cpl - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A 7 cpl rate is not bad at all if you are able to turn out a good amount of work, get bonuses and incentive pay. I'm finally putting things together. I've always been puzzled about why some MTs say they can't survive even after they've been working at MT for years. They claim that you have to make 10-12 cpl. Well, that would be true if you are very slow or have a job with no incentive or bonus plan. It's beginning to make sense.
Bonus/Incentive? WHERE? - RadMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I used to make a killing transcribing rad at straight 8 CPL, plus I qualified for cash bonuses twice a year (top producer).

The hospital did away with the incentive/bonuses, then did away with the in-house rad MTs.
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but my 9 cents a line cut to 7 at - the 2200 lines give or take, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
would garner me $154 dollars for the day versus the 198 I was making. That is $44 a day cut which equals $220 a week cut, which equals a cut in pay monthly of $880 dollars, and that my friend adds up to $10,560 a year paycut. It is already hard enough to get my lines with the crap that I have to type, so to get paid 7 cents a line and try to make the same income would be impossible for me to do. I would have to type much, much more and my poor fingers, hands, and arms can only take so much of that. Now, if your excellent money pays your bills, great for you, but my lifestyle is based on the income I have been producing for the past 5 years, so short of calling the bank and saying, "Hey, I'm only going to pay you guys $800 a month for my mortgage as now I'm only getting 7 cents a line," would probably not get me far. Agree, what incentives and what bonuses? My mortage is for 30 years, so unless I sell my house, I have to make an income to pay it and to top it off, I also have 2 kids. Unfortunately, feeding them is required by the state for me to be able to keep them!
Think about it this way - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
The fact that you have a certain large amount of bills to pay is not the problem of the employers. We're a nation of people who just got used to buying more than we can afford. Now it's a problem, no matter what we do for a living.

Not only that, but the employers are the same way. They spend more than they bring in. It's a national problem. We're spoiled. Many more people would be out in the streets in the ice/snow if we didn't have programs like Medicare, because very few people are saving anything for the future either and the stock market can't be trusted.
I'm not living above my means. I would like my means to stay where they - are. I can afford everything right now
[ In Reply To ..]
bonuses? incentive pay? - raydonia
[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know what dream you are living in, but I don't get bonuses, don't get incentive pay, don't get overtime and was told I will never, never get a raise, ever. Please tell me who you are working for, I think I need to change employers.
That sounds like a good idea. Very wise. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It is not wise to name names of the best employers to anonymous posts on message boards though. If you want to find the best ones and devote some time and effort to it as I have, you'll find at least one and probably several. Keep at it! Don't stay with the poor employers. You might stay with them until you have nailed down a better job of course, but don't waste time wondering if you should switch jobs. Just go for it!
Above is yet another MTSO SHILL on here. NM - Gagging
[ In Reply To ..]
NM

You're too experienced perhaps. - PassingThru

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a discussion on this board back in November, I think, about being TOO experienced.

Employers want newbies whom they can pay slave wages and abuse.

Now that's just silly. - however

[ In Reply To ..]
You might see if there are any specialties that are missing from your resume and find out a way to work on them so you can add them. That would be an active approach rather than passive, which is usually a good thing.

Your post is silly. - PassingThru

[ In Reply To ..]
Evidently you are NOT in the situation I described and haven't been out in the real world.

I have decades of experience -- in every specialty. If I had the time I could go on and on listing all my accomplishments. It's not about me, though -- this is a real phenomenon that is adversely affecting many seasoned MTs.

Don't make assumptions about people whom you know NOTHING about -- that is just SILLY and foolish.
Well, it is silly because MTSOs want one thing. Income from the best MTs they can find - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
They don't care how long you have been transcribing or how much you want. They just care if you can do their accounts and will work for the amount they are paying. They just care that you will meet the TAT. They just care that you will make money for them, because they are in business to make money. If they aren't hiring you, it isn't because you are too fast, too accurate, or have been transcribing too long. That's just silly.
Au contraire. - PassingThru
[ In Reply To ..]
"They don't care how long you have been transcribing" TAKES THE CAKE for the most clueless statement on this board.

Obviously you're not an MTSO owner or you're just a nonthinking MT because you have no clue what you're talking about.

Now you're just pulling statements out of your sock in a lame attempt to have the "last word."

You are BUSTED.

3 of my coworkers and I
MTSO that pays the same flat rate for work, #of years - in field makes no difference. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It does in the HIRING process. - PassingThru
[ In Reply To ..]
You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

I was referring to the fact that they LOOK AT YOUR EXPERIENCE WHEN APPLYING, and you are referring to PAY RATES.

Two different issues. Get a clue.
If same rate for newbie and experienced, why wouldnt - they pick experience? U make no sense. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Please don't insult and abuse us while we are having a discussion - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not the one you are insulting, but it tears me up inside when I open a message and see someone attacking another person who has a different thought.

On the subject of experienced MTs and what preference they should get, I believe no special preference is needed. A truly skilled, experienced MT with a great attitude and strong work ethic will be a treasure to the best MTSOs. They will make more money because they can do quality work better and faster than less experienced MTs. They don't need special breaks. They've already taken control and made their own breaks by the level of skills they demonstrate every day. They even have time to help those who are struggling, if they are willing to accept the help.
Awww, dont blame PT. She just wasnt raised any better. - Bless her heart. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Anymore, most MTSo pays one rate fits all. $ for ASR, $ for edit - $ for ST. # of years doesnt matter. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Again, most MTSO pay same rate to everyone. Many years or newbie paid - same. Keep telling yourself SM

[ In Reply To ..]
you cant keep/get a job becuase you are too experienced. You might instead look at you attitude for the reason you have a hard time in MT field.

never hear back either nm - poor business manners

[ In Reply To ..]
mm

I am having the same problem. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
In the last 10 days, I have applied and taken tests for 10 jobs. I heard from 2, Softscript and Nuance, that they could not use me. I have 40 plus years' experience. I have not heard from the rest.

Replies from MTSOs - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Truthfully, I never expect a response from any resumes I send out due to the number of people who respond to the ads. One job posting has over 1800 hits. Now that may not be how many sent in resumes, but I bet over half that number did. If I was an MTSO, I wouldn't spend the man hours to answer all those emails.

I don't agree. - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think that everyone who looks at a job applies for it. In every instance with me, I took the on-line test. If you do that and send a resume, you should get an answer, even if it is a form letter. It's only common courtesy.

Well, I haven't had the common courtesy extended my way and have - sent resumes and tested with,sm

[ In Reply To ..]
no replies in the past month. I thought it was nice of the company that posted on the job board that their position was filled. I don't expect an answer unless they are offering me a position. They have hundreds of resumes and people testing to be concerned about which applicant they did not hire.
Common courtesy? This is business. Dont expect common - courtesy, dont expect concern for individ. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
It is discouraging to not get a response. sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
In the past 2 months, I've applied to 25 companies from postings here or other sites. Of the 25, I've received 17 responses, either a simple acknowledgement that resume was received, an acknowledgement and invitation to test, or a note letting me know they are not hiring at this time or they do not hire in my state (yes, that happens sometimes). It has taken anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks to hear back after each encounter, and I always follow up with an e-mail. Just this week, I received 3 invitations for telephone interviews in the space of 36 hours. I have 2 offers, one of which I am going to take. So, I think it's really a numbers game and a case of being persistent. I also received resume advice from the Department of Labor in my state who helped me condense my resume, remove redundancies, simplify the format for readability, and craft a positive cover letter summarizing why I think I'd be a good employee/team member. I've added this to the top of my resume and created one document which I named on-line resume that can be easily copied into an e-mail. I've had excellent response with this method. So, if you don't have a positive upbeat cover letter, try adding that to your resume. Hope this message is helpful and encouraging.
Do have your name and address, phone# at the top, ala - hard copy resume? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I've removed that info from top of resume. sm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
This is the way I do it.First make sure the subject line is exactly what they've asked you to put. If not specified, I put, for example,company name,MT Position in the subject line. In the body of the e-mail I start with To Whom This May Concern; Body of letter extolling my virtues; closing; my name with address, phone number, e-mail link underneath name. I than double space. The title I use is Summary of Experience underneath which I place my polished resume. It all fits on 1 page (it can be done). I started getting more responses back after I started doing this. I think they like the shortness factor AND the letter upfront letting them know why I'm the one they should be contacting. Try it.
Business etiquette. - PassingThru
[ In Reply To ..]
There is such a thing as BUSINESS ETIQUETTE. Maybe you should read up on it so you'll recognize it when it's being discussed.
Etiquette - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you know that every University in the country sends either an acceptance or rejection letter to every applicant. We are talking tens of thousands of letters every semester, to people all over the world. I know because years ago I used to work in one. When a transcription service advertises for a job, it is a COMMON COURTESY to send a letter/e-mail. There is no excuse not to. I agree with you, Passing Thru. Anyone making excuses for them not sending a letter would make me suspicious as to their true identity. I need say no more.
Apples and oranges. University wants money from you, - They cant afford to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
alienate anyone by not sending response letter to all applicants. Offended applicants might have younger brothers or sisters and if university is seen as rude, those siblings wont even apply. MTSO doesnt care who they offend cause we are a dime a dozen and for everyone of us offended, there are 100s more that will apply, response letter or not.
Alrighty then. LOL - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
The post is about etiquette, not about anything else. I don't know an MT who doesn't expect a reply from a company they apply to. Not one. Except maybe you.
You're the one first mentioned Universities. I only commented - on difference between that and MTSO. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
And you went into a long diatribe about apples and oranges. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
As I SAID, you are the only person I know who is okay with not hearing back from an employer after taking a test and sending in a resume.
Has never happened to me. Every test led to a job and - got jobs where I did not have to test. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Ugh - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
There is always one.
You are wrong. OP about no responses after SENDING - resume, not after testing. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Neither of your posts made any sense. Sorry. - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not an MTSO, but I have been involved in hiring MTs in the past - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not an MTSO, but I have been the person in charge of hiring MTs in the past. We would get maybe a dozen applicants for the job. Most of them didn't know what medical transcription was, but they were sure they could do it. Back when things weren't online and people applied in person, we tested them and they left without a word, or in tears. It wasn't likely that we would find anyone who could do the work. We usually ended up training them ourselves, which often didn't work out very well. We had to accept lots of mistakes, because we had no other options.

Later when I was involved in hiring from online applications, we got hundreds of applicants. Some had crude e-mail addresses that I wouldn't have responded to because I didn't want to even use those terms in sending out an e-mail. Others had e-mail addresses that didn't work. Others kept calling even though the ad said 'no phone calls' and some just broke all the rules, showing they were unable or unwilling to follow instructions. A few argued about the instructions, saying they didn't intend to follow them.

Some applicants would not only send their resume, but would send a long list of questions, even though they didn't come close to meeting the posted job qualifications. I used to try to be polite and answer those questions, which took hours and was a complete waste of time since they weren't eligible to apply for the job anyway.

When you announce a job opening, you have no idea how many people will respond, qualified or not. There was no physical way to respond to all of them even if we had wanted to, because there weren't enough hours in the day.
This could have been my post. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
We used to receive dozens and dozens of resumes for 1 or 2 openings. We would test and interview until we found the people we needed and the rest of the resumes went into the trash. Some of those resumes were never even looked at. They would come off the fax machine and be put in a stack and we worked off the top of the stack. That was years ago, but I doubt much has changed except that they probably get hundreds of resumes in e-mails.

My son is recently looking for a job. He has sent out probably 100 resumes and filled out just as many applications. He has received exactly 2 responses. Times are tough, everyone is looking for a job. Employers can't possibly answer each and every request for a job. You just have to keep trying and one of these days, your resume will be one of the first received.

Well, I would start with the fact that you say you are "overqualified" for work - For A Starter

[ In Reply To ..]
That attitude wouldn't go very far with recruiters, and believe me, it would come through as if you were shouting it with a megaphone.

that's a bit of an attack - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Not really. If a person is overqualified for a job, they won't really enjoy it - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

That TROLL has posted all over the board. - PassingThru

[ In Reply To ..]
There are numerous nasty messages on here, all basically saying the same things -- criticizing MTs for their attitude, being "lazy," "your work must suck," etc.

I suspect it's the same insecure, lonely person who somehow feels better lobbing verbal assaults on total strangers.

I wish the moderator would ban them.
You called me a troll before and I did not make all posts. Did you - ever hear, sticks & stones? nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I was on a group message board that said - A Thank You Note!

[ In Reply To ..]
I was on a group message board that said people here weren't very nice and would attack anyone who said anything positive. I really reject that idea. I think there have been plenty of people on here that post their positive experiences and refuse to let the bashers bother them. I want to thank those of you who are not run off by those who attack you when you have anything good to say. Please stay and keep posting!

To ExperiencedMT - Just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the very same experience! 30+ years of experience in varied practices. I submitted 8-10 and heard back from 3. Then it took one of them another 2 weeks to get back to me after I filled out their detailed questionnaire; by that time I had already hired on with someone else. My opinion only -- I think the Medquist buy-outs are flooding the market with MTs, cuz who would want to stay and be treated like trash (that's why I'm going elsewhere myself, being a former JLG'er). Keep trying! My mantra: The right job match for you is out there! Best of luck.

Thanks Just me - experiencedmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the kind words.

Another very REAL possibility...SM - PassingThruIgnoringTrolls

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have management experience and an impressive resume, it is possible that you are a threat to the hiring manager.

This applies in EVERY field, not just MT.

My husband has had hiring managers ask him nervously during the interview, "Do you want my job?!" They pretend it's a joke, but in fact they are threatened. This has happened to me on one occasion and to a dear friend of mine as well.

This is too funny. Is it a joke, trying to make us - giggle? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

It happens. - Sarah

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

And I love your new moniker. lol - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Stalk other posters much? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Not stalking. I just appreciate humor. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

MQ Job Postings
Nov 23, 2011

I noticed that MQ keeps advertising for the same positions every few weeks or so.  What's up with that?  Can't they hold on to any help?  Anyone have any insight on that?  TIA ...

QA Job Postings, IC
Jul 01, 2013

It sure seems that the companies that advertise for QA help who are paying "by the line" are requesting that you have rediculous requirements!  Line rate and IC.....why dont they just include in their ads that they expect the world but are not willing to pay anything for it..... its the same meaning..... ...

No Job Postings Since Last Tuesday?
Oct 27, 2009

Is it just my view or have there not been any new job postings in a week. Seems odd to me since there is alway a few a day. The well must have completely dried up. LOL ...

This Board Postings
Dec 01, 2009

I have been reading all of the posts especially the ones about grammar.  Maybe I have not finished transcription school or even paid my dues as a seasoned "elder" (I hate that phrase--not being in my 20s myself), but I was one of the 70,000 that was laid off on black Monday back in January 2009.  I was looking for a career that would (I thought) not be hurt by the economy as severely.  I very much appreciate any advice my "more experienced" friends can give.  Even with m ...

In-house Postings
Aug 06, 2010

I wonder why companies post on internet job sites for in-house employees?  Why don't they just advertise locally in their community paper, etc. ...

5 THINGS AN MT DOES NOT WANT TO SEE IN JOB POSTINGS
Apr 21, 2014

1.  Companies that brag on themselves. "XYZ Transcription, a an industry leader, has been in business since the first Christmas and therefore is the best. We therefore deserve only the best MTs that love playing on our team regardless of how much they want to play for the only team that matters to them, I.E, their family; adhering to turn-around times under penalty of death; and really don't give a hoot about anything but the MT Companies. We are growing and growing and growing and are ...

Seems Like The Job Postings Today
May 20, 2014

needing MTs immediately.  What's up with that??  Kind of nice to see that maybe some of these MTSO are paying the price for loss of workers.  Would make me a bit suspicious as to why they are left in this position.  Too bad that could not be a negotiating tool for better pay but I doubt it is.    ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

One Transcription On The Job Postings Board
Jun 04, 2014

That has got to be a typo or someone used canned text cut and pasted into an ad that they forgot to edit. I'd hate to work for a manager that sloppy and disorganized or just plain careless about how they compose a hiring post.   Does not look good at all.   ...

Mmodal's FB Monitor Must Work OT To Keep All The Neg Postings
Apr 10, 2013

Because their feed looks like a LuvFest for all things Mmodal. I mean at least some exMTs must have voiced their opinion about working experience with Mmodal..but their FB is nauseatingly POSITIVE with a capital FAKE. ...

Has Anyone Heard From Landmark Or Premier On Their Current Postings?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone heard back after applying to either of these today?  I have over 20 years of solid psych experience, applied to both, but have heard nothing.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Current Job Postings Still Mention Quarterly Bonus
Dec 30, 2014

only some accounts move to this new exciting pay grid junk? ...

If You Are An IC For TTS, Please Reply....
Mar 23, 2010

Do you feel you are getting a good rate, and most importantly, do you set your hours?  Do you work weekends, etc.?  I am wondering how flexible they are for ICs.  Thanks! ...

Please Reply!
Mar 24, 2012

I was wondering if anyone would know of a company that would hire someone that is enrolled in their medical transcription courses? ...

Reply To SM
Dec 13, 2012

You are without a doubt the rudest and most negative person I have ever met. for your information, I have been a medical transcriptionist since 1988, 24 years. How dare you call me a snail typist when you don't even know me?!!!!Also, telling me not to come here and gripe well ain't that the pot calling the kettle black!!! All I see on this site is griping. But I see this is only for the select few. I hope you have a very negative Christmas as that is what you seem to enjoy the most. ...

No Reply From TSM
Nov 12, 2013

Gettin' a bit tired of never hearing back from my TSM about something that I've been trying to get an answer on now for over a week.  Very aggravated!!!!! ...

Oracle Reply?
Sep 30, 2010

For anyone who applied to Oracle last week, did you get any kind of reply?  I called their office and the receptionist said she was looking over many aps and would be hearing from her, but nothing.  ...

How Long Does It Usually Take To Get A Reply
May 16, 2011

I recently graduated and have applied to three jobs that accept newbies. My first application went in last week, they replied and asked me to go through the application testing. I turned it in on thursday and i know it takes time but im really anxious. ...

Ever Get A Reply By Email?
Apr 25, 2012

It's management trying to figure out who you are? but maybe I'm just being paranoid. ...

Posting A Reply
Mar 03, 2014

I feel dumb having to ask this, as I'm usually pretty good with navigating sites and figuring things out on my own.  How does one go about posting a reply, or replying to a post that gives no email or contact info? ...

Here's A Reply I Posted........
Jan 25, 2015

.....entitled "Tell us about your stressful job."  I'm sure it won't help our cause, but BOY DID IT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD!: Do some research on medical transcription! It used to be a very respected position, and we were paid a decent wage. Nowadays, with pressure from government to cut costs or lose reimbursement, most facilities have dismissed their transcriptionists and have outsourced to transcription companies that pay transcriptionists a fraction of what we made working for fac ...

Reply To My Resignation....
Apr 15, 2015

After all the Fiesa I have reviewed for free...all the ! emails I have read and responded to immediately for free....all the time I have spent checking my email for a response to an email I sent, never to hear a response, for free....all the reversals I have requested on my own time....all the time I spent just last Christmas alone checking for work that never came ...the countless hours I have spent waiting for work and coming back to check over and over again.....the time I have spent switchin ...

Acct. Mgrs Who Don't Reply!!
Apr 19, 2011

I've typed reports that never show up and when I ask about it I get NO answers from anyone.  I'm so sick of this company. ...

Got A Reply From ScribeRight, Suggestions Anyone?
May 11, 2012

Ok, so I heard some great things about ScribeRight so I sent them my resume via their website. I got a reply back today, asking me a couple simple questions about my skills and also sent 4 files to transcribe (3 sound pretty easy, 1 will be hard for me since I have no experience in that field, Onc). My question is....is it worth it to move? The company I currently work for (and have for many years) is 0.045 SRT/.07 straight typing. My pay scale has consistently gone down the last 2 years (surpr ...

Fox Transcription Application Reply
Sep 12, 2012

Does anyone know approximately how long it takes for Fox Transcription to reply as to whether or not you passed the application process?   ...

Hey Lemme See - See Reply To Your Post Below (NM)
Oct 03, 2012

x ...

Since Our Reorganization I Never Get A Reply To Emails Like
Oct 07, 2012

did everyone go?  They tell us who to email for what scenario, but then it takes forever to receive a reply.  Is this really the Nuance way that Transcend has adopted?  I wonder if they'll reply or acknowledge my resignation.  I doubt it.   I emailed it 5 days ago and have received not a word.  Good luck to all Transcenders.  It used to be a nice place to work.  ...

This Is Reply I Made To Someone On The Nuance
Nov 20, 2012

This was in answer to a question regarding why we continue to bang our heads against a wall working for these evil MTSOs:  When my little mid-sized MTSO was gobbled up by a larger one, lots of people who knew the score bailed immediately. I'd never been through a buyout before, and when they had their big conference call telling us "nothing would change" for us, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. The next meeting a few months later told us that, "well... there might ...

What Is Your Email Reply Ratio? (sm)
Jan 03, 2013

What percentage of emails to the MTSO asking a question are answered? ...

** IMEDx And REPLY ALL EMAIL
Dec 04, 2014

First, I agree, why do people reply all. BUT, why does DH and others in management position send out blanket emails to everyone - tit for tat I guess. Working for years with TT/Imedx, and I don't want to keep hearing about what others are not doing regarding TAT, etc. I do my work and am on time and work full shifts. Medical transcription is truly a bizarre world. I have worked for major companies and small ones too, and NEVER have I seen such a crazy lot. PS - have YOU used up your PTOs ...