A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Kaspersky - how to turn Kasperksy back on? - Ang

Posted: Aug 24, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to turn Kasperksy back on.  I turned it off temporarily due to a bad lag in my text showing up and now cannot figure out how  (where to go,what the steps are, etc) to turn it back on.  Thank you!!

There should be a little icon at the bottom right of your - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
screen, a Red K with a black arrow on it. Right click on it, choose settings. That is the area where you can turn off/on the program.

I know what you mean! That caused me serious lag problems in the past. The only thing that fixed it was when my computer crashed and had another one sent. I think it's bc they send a more powerful computer and the old one just couldn't handle that huge program. Not sure. Ironically, it was because I always had Kaspersky turned off that I got a computer virus and it crashed!

Thank you - Ang

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the reply. I did find out from the tech that if you turn Kasperksy off and then later turn your computer off or restart it, that Kaspersky will automatically come back on when PC is back up. He never did tell me on the security screen how to turn it back on. Did not find a place to do so

Similar Messages:

How To Turn Off Auto Back Space?
Sep 06, 2012

Thanks! ...

Can Someone Tell Me How To Turn The "preferred Headings" List Back On? Sm
May 09, 2012

I turned it off by clicking the X but for the life of me can't figure out how to get it back.  Thanks in Advance! ...

Kaspersky's
Aug 29, 2012

Kaspersky's expiring in 5 days.  I remember reading a thread on here about others expiring and what they did but can't remember now.  I would e-mail boss but she never answers emails so thought I would ask here first.  Thanks and have a great MT day! ...

If Your Kaspersky Antivirus
Sep 09, 2012

call support, they will e-mail you the new # to get it renewed. The e-mail that told us they were "working on it" and not to call them is flat wrong. After mine expired, I got complained to my QC who told me to definitely call support.  Two minute conversation with support, and *boom* I was back up and running. ...

Expired Kaspersky
Sep 09, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to call SUPPORT and get Kaspersky re-licensed or whatever they need to do?  If so, what did they do?  Do they have to access your computer to update/re-license it?  I hate having to call them to begin with and even more so having them access my computer.  I'm assuming this is something we can't take care of on our own right? ...

Kaspersky Question
Oct 13, 2014

I've always had Kaspersky antivirus and then one day last week I noticed it was gone.  I don't know what happened to it.  Does everybody else still have it?   ...

Kaspersky Antivirus
Feb 17, 2015

I have Kaspersky antivirus on my laptop. I'm getting kind of afraid of keeping it based on what I read regarding the spying and it being owned by Russia, etc. Please respond if you are truly a tech person. Thank you.   News for kaspersky Reuters Russian researchers expose breakthrough US spying program Reuters - 20 hours ago Kaspersky said it found personal computers in 30 countries infected with one or more of the spying programs, with the most infections seen in&nbs ...

Changing From McAfee To Kaspersky
Mar 18, 2010

Just received an E-mail stating I needed to replace my McAfee with Kaspersky by the end of this month.  Has anyone noticed any changes when working with Kaspersky? ...

Kaspersky - Freezes On My Computer
May 04, 2010

everyday around 9:30 am Kaspersky updates and everything freezes on my computer while it is updating.  Anyone know ways around this.  I called tech support and they said they can't change the time it updates.  This drives me CRAZY! I can't do anything for about 10 minutes each morning because of this stupid thing.  ARRRGGGG ...

Kaspersky Antivirus Not Working
Apr 18, 2013

Any one else having problems with the antivirus not working. I have had them work on the computer. I have virus coverage but it does not update anymore like it used to every day.  Had a file deleted that supposedly blocked it. I just hate calling those techs again and trying to communicate. ...

MModal Kaspersky Update?
Sep 05, 2013

Can someone tell me what the ID and password is that we use for MModal to do the Kaspersky update?  Thanks. ...

HELP! Just Noticed My Kaspersky Is Expired
Jan 12, 2014

Any one know how to update it.  i can't find a link on MModal Central.  They used to have a link in the software repository. ...

Kaspersky Update-does Anyone's Work?
Feb 27, 2015

Mine still has a message with a yellow flag saying license expired. ...

How To Get Into The Mmodal Intranet To Update My Kaspersky?
Sep 24, 2013

Can anyone tell me (so I don't have to call tech help) how to get into the Mmodal Intranet to update my Kaspersky?  Thanks ...

Kaspersky LANDesk License About To Expire - Anyone Else?
Feb 22, 2015

x ...

Kaspersky - Problem With Keyboard Functions And Audio Being Slow And Stuttering
Jan 23, 2010

I would still like to hear from anyone having a problem with keyboard functions and audio being slow and stuttering.  I have spent a great deal of time with support in the last couple of weeks and each person I speak to has a different suggestion.  A few weeks ago they installed Kaspersky because that is all that is available to us now and for the first few days, things were okay, now slow and stuttering again.  Now they are telling me my ISP service is too slow even though it is now several ...

Nothing New To Say, Just My Turn To Say It.
Nov 08, 2014

I managed to hang onto a direct-employee remote position for many years; that position ended recently.  I knew the day would come--I've been outsourced from more than one facility in the past--but I decided to hang in as long as the job was there, and it lasted far longer than I ever thought it would. From time to time I'd think I should start preparing for the inevitable but had no clue which way to go, with outsourcing impacting so many industries and my having n ...

So, It Must Be My Turn To Get Fired
Jun 10, 2010

I have been targeted like crazy on audits, getting them every couple of days, and albeit there are some things I did wrong (had/has), I am getting marked for stuff like leaving a blank, sending to QA, and then marked wrong for the blank on a critical error saying I should have been able to find this.  I could not hear it, so how could I find it?  I should have just sent it to the client, but really felt that a fresh set of ears might heart what this mushmouth was saying. I guess I am ...

Headings Can We Turn It Off ?
Nov 02, 2010

Do we have to use this new heading feature or can we turn it o ff?  Thanks. ...

Stedmans - How To Turn It On?
Feb 09, 2012

I just installed spell checker. How do I turn it on? Can it be put on favorite bar or will it automatically spell check everything I do on the computer? Please help, new MT. ...

Can Some One Help Me Turn Off The Red Box In EditScript?
May 30, 2012

I have IM'd and E-mailed tech support and, surprise, no response from them.  I am in EditScript.  With the VR reports, the red box that follows the text... I find it very distracting.  I can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Anyone?  Thanks.   ...

How Do I Turn Highlighter Off?
Jan 30, 2013

tia ...

I Am Wondering Where I Can Turn Since I Cannot
Jan 15, 2014

get hold of a moderator to get a company to pay me.  Does anyone know who I can go to?  Thank you!!! ...

My Turn To Say Goodbye
Feb 20, 2014

I have been envying all of you who have already left, and now it is my turn to say goodbye. I regret leaving all the nice people I worked with but do not regret leaving this company.  I give Nuance a 65% quality score as an employer (failed audit, no bonus, needs mentoring!!) Thank you for all who have posted on this forum. Hearing your stories helped me when I was struggling and thought I was alone.  I hope you all find yourselves in a better place soon!! ...

My Turn To Rant
Oct 28, 2014

Before we got the notification about new changes, when I went to Fiesa, I had a lot of 100% reports, and very rarely got an email from Fiesa.  Now I am getting one every few days.  The person that used to edit my work no longer is, and a different person with an Indian-sounding name is editing my work.  What happened to no more nitpicking.  This person seems to find all kinds of nitpicking, nothing to do with patient care  I looked nipticking up in the urban di ...

Okay, You Can Turn Off The Snowflakes Now.
Jan 01, 2015

...it's time for them to go away now! ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

The Turn Signal Syndrome
Nov 11, 2009

Honestly, this dictation I'm doing is like the turn signal syndrome.  What I mean by that is people who don't bother to use their turn signals when they turn (I know, I'm anal.  I even use mine in parking lots).  There's a reason they're on the car and it's against the law not to use them when indicated. This doctor doesn't know how to use the turn signal, er, um, pause button, and I'm sitting here listening to um, ...

Do They Dump You When You Turn In Notice?
Nov 29, 2009

I want to give proper notice, but have heard some companies just cut off your work supply immediately.  MQ do this? ...

Is The Worm Beginning To Turn?
Mar 20, 2010

No replies to Oncall for 6 -7 cpl.  Look down a few ads and see the pathetic one put on by Lee Perfect.  She cannot get anyone to type and says "sad but true."  It just may be that the time for the MTSOs has arrived, meaning that sooner than may have been expected they will be begging for MTs to come to work for them and it will fall on deaf ears and very still fingers.  I think most of us who have been in this profession for years have "finally had it." We are either stayin ...