A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Kaspersky - problem with keyboard functions and audio being slow and stuttering - old and burned out

Posted: Jan 23, 2010

I would still like to hear from anyone having a problem with keyboard functions and audio being slow and stuttering.  I have spent a great deal of time with support in the last couple of weeks and each person I speak to has a different suggestion.  A few weeks ago they installed Kaspersky because that is all that is available to us now and for the first few days, things were okay, now slow and stuttering again.  Now they are telling me my ISP service is too slow even though it is now several times faster than it was a few years ago when they told me it was plenty fast enough.  Do the MTs with DSL service have more problems than those with cable?  Anyone?

Kaspersky! - ORMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I was having plenty of problems after installing this program and I have Verizon FiOS. Support told me MQ is aware of the problem and working with Kaspersky on it. Support told me to turn Kaspersky off while I am working (got that in writing). Support told me Kaspersky is an antivirus program only and does not detect spyware, etc., and they spend a lot of time fixing computers with spyware and such since Kaspersky. Why would MQ dump one program that does it all and go to a program that does not...nevermind.

KASPERSKY - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I have DSL and love it. I have had it for close to a year now and have not had ANY problems with it. My computer runs fast, and I have no audio problems.

I just turn it off while I'm working...it's the only way I can work... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I too called support and they had me set it to only update at a certain time when I wasn't working. Well did that but it didn't fix the problem, and I have the highest speed available cable internet....If anything it's their OLD slow computers w/o enough memory.

I gave up and just turn it off as soon as it starts stuttering/slowing down, which is usually within 30 minutes of starting to work.

I don't work for MQ, but I have had - problems as well s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
When I first downloaded it about 18 months ago (good for a year) it worked well. When I had to renew a few months ago, I started having problems with it slowing me down. When I would type, it would hesitate and I would have to wait for it to catch up. It also seemed to be running constantly. When I went into the program, for the life of me, I could not find settings to get it to scan and do things when I wasn't working. It seemed to be scanning 24/7. I am using a different computer at the moment because that one stopped working on Christmas Eve (router problems as well) but I am convinced this had something to do with my problems.

Norton - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Since MQ stopped using McAfee, I now use Norton. It is worth the money, as I have 2 other computers on my home network and for 1 subscription price I can install Norton on all of them. No conflicts whatsoever with DocQscribe

I have DSL at 7.5 meg. Recently upgraded to this intermediate speed from 5 meg and I notice it is faster. ADT is still slow to populate, but that is an issue on the MQ side.

Avast is great - jaybee

[ In Reply To ..]
I have used Avast for at least 5-6 years, and it is free for home use. I have never had a problem with viruses. I use my own computer for work, so I can't comment on the MQ supplied computers.

Similar Messages:

Mouse Or Keyboard Functions
Mar 21, 2013

On Enterprise Voice Recognition, are you a "mouser" or keyboarder?  I have tried and tried to use the keyboard, but just can't get it down.  I have been using a mouse so long, it is a hard habit to break. Anyone have any ideas?  Need to bring my speed up on Voice. ...

Slow Audio Download
May 06, 2010

Is anybody else having a problem with slow audio download?  I am not a Medquist employee but work for a hospital from home using the DocQscribe platform. For the past 3 months I have been having a problem with slow audio download where the voice file loads into my computer so slowly that I have to actually wait in order to continue typing. It is an intermittent problem, not with every dictation, not necessarily associated with long dictations. I have been getting the usual runaround from te ...

Anybody Else With Slow Audio Loading?
Dec 19, 2010

It's driving me batty. Battier. ...

Audio Playback Keyboard Shortcuts
Oct 16, 2012

Does anybody know what the keyboard shortcuts are to stop and start audio playback in DQS? I know I have done it by accident before, and it keeps playing, unlike if you use the foot pedan where you have to hold it down the whole time.   I have never liked having to hold the pedal down.  I was used to Express Scribe, where you can tap to start and stop and don't have to keep your foot pressed down.  Now I am standing up some of the time while working to avoid s ...

Fluency Editor And Audio With Keyboard
Apr 30, 2014

I can't make the Ctrl + Spacebar work to toggle the audio on and off (alternative to foot pedal) in the Fluency editor.  I am using the most recent rendition, 7.4 something, but it hasn't work in the last 2 renditions either.  All other commands seem to work.  I am wondering if this command works for others and it's more likely something to do with my system or if the command itself just doesn't work (is there a different combination anyone knows of)?  Rem ...

The System Is So Slow Today. Takes Forever To Download The Audio.
May 02, 2013

nm ...

DocQScribe Audio Not Loading/slow Loading
Dec 20, 2010

Is anyone having trouble with DocQScribe audio files not loading or loading slowly this morning? ...

Double Click Does 2 Different Functions At Once!
Nov 30, 2012

In ASR, it will highlight the word you double click and also it will put the audio back to that point. In straight transcription, it will highlight the word and take the audio all the way back to the beginning. And they won't fix it! - because I am never to take my hands off the keyboard???!! I find mousing quicker to follow ASR. I've tried cursor tracking, but it rarely ends up exactly where I want and I either end up having to use the keyboard or mouse (depending upon ...

Doesn't Sound Like He Is Stuttering But ...
Mar 14, 2011

In the objective the doctor says:  "tender over the radial aspect of the wrist, especially with the flexor tendon at the flexor carpi radialis along the simbrevis".  I can't find anything on "simbrevis, sinbrevis, sem or sen".  Anyone heard of this?  Thx for the help ...

A Stuttering ESL. Please, I Will Slit My Wrists Now
Feb 02, 2015

nm ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Stuttering Chest Pain?
May 22, 2010

I am typing a consult and the doctor says patient has stuttering chest pain.  Anyone ever heard of this? Thanks to everyone for help in advance. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Kaspersky's
Aug 29, 2012

Kaspersky's expiring in 5 days.  I remember reading a thread on here about others expiring and what they did but can't remember now.  I would e-mail boss but she never answers emails so thought I would ask here first.  Thanks and have a great MT day! ...

If Your Kaspersky Antivirus
Sep 09, 2012

call support, they will e-mail you the new # to get it renewed. The e-mail that told us they were "working on it" and not to call them is flat wrong. After mine expired, I got complained to my QC who told me to definitely call support.  Two minute conversation with support, and *boom* I was back up and running. ...

Expired Kaspersky
Sep 09, 2013

Has anyone had the misfortune to call SUPPORT and get Kaspersky re-licensed or whatever they need to do?  If so, what did they do?  Do they have to access your computer to update/re-license it?  I hate having to call them to begin with and even more so having them access my computer.  I'm assuming this is something we can't take care of on our own right? ...

Kaspersky Question
Oct 13, 2014

I've always had Kaspersky antivirus and then one day last week I noticed it was gone.  I don't know what happened to it.  Does everybody else still have it?   ...

Kaspersky Antivirus
Feb 17, 2015

I have Kaspersky antivirus on my laptop. I'm getting kind of afraid of keeping it based on what I read regarding the spying and it being owned by Russia, etc. Please respond if you are truly a tech person. Thank you.   News for kaspersky Reuters Russian researchers expose breakthrough US spying program Reuters - 20 hours ago Kaspersky said it found personal computers in 30 countries infected with one or more of the spying programs, with the most infections seen in&nbs ...

Changing From McAfee To Kaspersky
Mar 18, 2010

Just received an E-mail stating I needed to replace my McAfee with Kaspersky by the end of this month.  Has anyone noticed any changes when working with Kaspersky? ...

Kaspersky - Freezes On My Computer
May 04, 2010

everyday around 9:30 am Kaspersky updates and everything freezes on my computer while it is updating.  Anyone know ways around this.  I called tech support and they said they can't change the time it updates.  This drives me CRAZY! I can't do anything for about 10 minutes each morning because of this stupid thing.  ARRRGGGG ...

Kaspersky Antivirus Not Working
Apr 18, 2013

Any one else having problems with the antivirus not working. I have had them work on the computer. I have virus coverage but it does not update anymore like it used to every day.  Had a file deleted that supposedly blocked it. I just hate calling those techs again and trying to communicate. ...

MModal Kaspersky Update?
Sep 05, 2013

Can someone tell me what the ID and password is that we use for MModal to do the Kaspersky update?  Thanks. ...

HELP! Just Noticed My Kaspersky Is Expired
Jan 12, 2014

Any one know how to update it.  i can't find a link on MModal Central.  They used to have a link in the software repository. ...

Kaspersky Update-does Anyone's Work?
Feb 27, 2015

Mine still has a message with a yellow flag saying license expired. ...

Kaspersky - How To Turn Kasperksy Back On?
Aug 24, 2011

Can someone please tell me how to turn Kasperksy back on.  I turned it off temporarily due to a bad lag in my text showing up and now cannot figure out how  (where to go,what the steps are, etc) to turn it back on.  Thank you!! ...

How To Get Into The Mmodal Intranet To Update My Kaspersky?
Sep 24, 2013

Can anyone tell me (so I don't have to call tech help) how to get into the Mmodal Intranet to update my Kaspersky?  Thanks ...

Kaspersky LANDesk License About To Expire - Anyone Else?
Feb 22, 2015

x ...

Slow DQS
Feb 03, 2010

I would still like to hear from more of you about whether or not you have problems with DQS being slow.  Today was one of the worst days I have ever had.  I recently spent over 3 hours with support but no one has a definitive answer.  I can tell you all that when Kaspersky does a virus scan, you cannot work at all.  You may not even be able to get into Schedule Source to sign out.  No one in tech support can tell whether it is my computer, my DSL, or some other reason an ...

DQS Slow?
Aug 01, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with DQS moving slowly this morning?  It's taking forever for the few jobs trickling in to download, ADT searches to run, etc.  I've been having some internet issues, so I'm not sure if it's me or DQS. Thanks! ...

DQS Slow
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else noticing reports loading very slowly on DQS ...