A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For all potential candidates. Truth in recruitment advertising - looks like this, see message.

Posted: Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the account, you will then be placed on new account (s) and expected to do it all over again, and again, and again. Thus, you will only just be gaining some speed and accuracy when the jobs disappear, and you will never be told in advance and furthermore berated for your own lack of productivity and accuracy. 

Instead of offering top industry wages for this particular brand of transcription, you will be paid only nominal rates that drop even further with any insignificant error or failure to achieve impossible line counts, even on "good accounts," let alone the dregs that you are left with after the offshoring and EHRing. They make no attempt to even mention tips to the MDs how they might save both time and money by dictating quality recordings and instead penalize YOU for every incomprehensible age, lab value, and uhhh, uhhh, uhhh they insert with every inaudible rambling, every unintelligible dialect known to humankind.

No, rather than pay MTs for these particularly challenging circumstances, you will get to be on food stamps before long, facing foreclosure, and possibly be fired for your failures. 

Other than this, it is an extremely educational work environment, on how not to run an alleged MTSO. 

Similar Messages:

RE: Nuance Recruitment Of MTs - WARNING!
May 26, 2011

There is very little quality work available.  The pay is low and the Dictaphone platform is not good.  You will get the bottom of the barrel MT work.  Even that will run out because Nuance overstaffs accounts.  I am out of work now and yet I got an e-mail offering a bonus for referrals of MTs to Nuance. It's not a good company to work for.  There are lots of smoke and mirrors offered by Nuance recruiters like bonuses that are impossible to get because of ...

Mmodal Recruitment Drive?
Apr 05, 2013

After reading about this horrific layoff, I notice this: MModal is conducting a Recruitment drive exclusively for Medical Transcriptionists, Direct Uploaders, Direct Posters, Quality Analyst & Editors at Bubhaneshwar.   The recruitment drive is scheduled from 6th April to 8th April 2013.   Interested candidates willing to appear for the drive need to send their applications / resumes to vijaykumar.dharmaji@mmodal.com or durgaprasad.nandikolla @mmodal.com for a scheduled ...

TRUTH
May 07, 2010

After weeks and weeks of research, and reading tons of forums and reviews, speaking to advisors at on-line colleges, receiving multiple packets by mail, etc.....   I believe Career Step's medical coding program or AHIMA would be the BEST possible option for anyone trying to break into this field from home, learning at their own pace and the best affordability. Please does anyone here beg to differ?  I am looking for constructive criticism as well as any positives on these two o ...

I Really Need The Truth!
Apr 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!  I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times but I'm unsure of how to navigate this forum to find answers.  So here's the skinny. I'm a recent graduate of Cometology school and I'm having a very hard time finding employment due to my own poor timing.  We are military and my husband is due for orders in about 8 months.  So I've been looking into Medical Transcription and Editing with hopes that I would be able to take m ...

Do Not Know If This Is Absolute Truth Or Not, But
Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself! ...

Now The Truth About Those Not Notified.
Mar 21, 2014

Just got an email that said I was put on a wait list.  I will know by close of day on Wednesday if I got a slot.   ...

Why To Tell The Truth About Nuance
May 23, 2014

For those of us who have found ourselves as Nuance employees by virtue of company buyouts, hospital outsourcing, or something other than traditional methods of job hunting, we have all suffered a major life loss, loss of income, loss of security, loss of self-esteem, loss of pride in work, and on and on and on.  And, certainly in my case, representatives of Nuance told half-truths, made promises that could never be achieved, and decieved me, leading me into a miserable situation. There is ...

MME - Really More Pay Potential Or Not?
Oct 08, 2011

It has been suggested to me by my CCM that I apply for MME position, stating I will definitely make more $$$.  My gut says no I won't but I have nothing to back that up.  Any first-hand experience out there to confirm or negate my intuition?  ...

The Truth About The Swap Board
Apr 05, 2010

I used Schedule Source for about a year when they were testing it.  It's one of those "benefits" they keep talking about.  The problem is, if you swap you will be in somebody else's cesspool - getting unfamiliar accounts for which you have to read maybe multiple  CPs and get reports where you may have to leave QA markers and spend extra time researching.  It's also a mechanism for MTs to dump shifts where they know they will get a specific crummy account/dictat ...

At Last!! Transcend Tells The Truth.
Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team le ...

Finally Truth Be Told
Jan 02, 2011

Saw this in an online article on how to work at home: Fast typer? Become a transcriber.Anyone with solid typing experience—legal secretaries, executive assistants or simply those with quick fingers—can work from home as a transcriber. Some companies offer very specific work (such as transcribing legal documents only), while others pair you with assignments that match your expertise and job background. Salary: Payment is by page or an hourly rate; approximately $10 per hour. For more ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

Tell The Potential 2nd Employer About The 1st?
Sep 20, 2011

Took me quite awhile to figure this out. You need 2 MT jobs because they all overhire to keep many more employees less busy to pay less. In my day, you kept your 2nd job quiet, but what is the way to do it now? Is it good or bad to be looking for a 2nd part-time job, do you tell them. Is there anyone who left the first job to go full time with the 2nd one or switched them? And is it better to go IC in the 2nd job because of flexibility? I sound pretty dumb! ...

Potential Scam
Sep 19, 2012

I was contacted by a company wanting to interview by chatting.  I did all that, and it sounded so great.  Set your own hours, work as much as you want, etc.  All I had to do to get started was pay $295 for the software they use.  I did some fast Google searches in another window and decided not to.  They pointed out that as an Independent Contracter, I was responsible for my own equipment.  I pointed out that I bought my own hardware, which is almost universall ...

Potential New Hire
Dec 07, 2013

I've had a job offer with a transcription company..however, my problem is I'm required to have MS Word, version 2007 or 2010,,,no student/teacher/starter or trial editions....and I've gone to Best Buy, E Bay and Amazon.  The cheapest I have found to dowload it is $300 !!  That's not happening....so, is there a less expensive way ??? If not, I'm faced with turning down this job offer.   HELP !! ...

Potential Jobs --
Apr 10, 2015

These were listed on a recent Duke Career email I got. I think they are on-ground. I'm on the West coast. Tomah Memorial Hospital Transcriptionist Tomah (WI), Posted: Monday Mar 30th Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Transcriptionist Boston (MA), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th MidMichigan Health Sr Medical Transcriptionist Midland (MI), Posted: Thursday Mar 26th Miraca Life Sciences Transcriptionist Union (NJ), Posted: Thursday Apr 2nd ...

The TRUTH About Precyse Solutions - STAY AWAY!
Aug 24, 2011

Actually, several truths about Precyse that current or prospective employees should be aware of: 1.  Recently, an entire group of employees was laid off who had been there for years and had been great employees.  I was one of these people.  The official company line is something like "Processes have become so efficient that we no longer need nearly as much staffing as we have had in the past."  The truth is that the company is pushing to move all work over 2 hour TAT to Indi ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

? S/l Asmedicine Revoke Potential
Jan 26, 2010

Patient has a history or balance problems.  sentence reads: She also had s/l asmediciine revoke potential which showed abnormal bilateral tibial s/l mad sensory evoke potentials in normal positions and "budda positions". ...

Potential Complication From Laparoscopic
Sep 23, 2010

"Risks, benefits, and potential complications were discussed with the patient, in particular _________ (s/l  *tomboy buttock*)  phenomenon".     (Pt. is a male). ????? ...

Inscribe For Potential Emplyment
Feb 06, 2012

How is Inscribe to work for.  Do they hire IC or just employees. I know we have talked about this before on here but just wanted to see if anyone was hired recently that would have an opinion on them.  I have gotten several emails from them regarding employment and have not pursued that. ...

Need Advice For A Potential Client
May 13, 2013

Hi, I wondered if some of you who have your own accounts or who have had your own accounts could give me some information.  I have been asked if I would like a part-time dermatology account as an independent contractor in my town.  They said I needed my own transcription software with ability to provide itemized report with invoices.  I know I could use Express Scribe, but what would I need for the itemized report with invoices.  Sorry if this is a dumb question, but would l ...

Keystrokes, As Bad As NU Or MM? Potential Offer
Aug 19, 2013

X ...

For Any Potential New Nuance Acquisition
Jun 21, 2014

Every time there is a hospital or clinic acquisition, those "acquired" MTs will be crammed onto existing accounts as their own account/work types become more streamlined and less available as more and more of it is done more efficiently with voice wreck and 3 shifts of people to do the work. Think of it like when a larger dog moves into a pen already crowded with too many dogs. All the pre-existing dogs have to scooch over yet again (exist on less) to make room for the new dog in the cage.& ...

Brave AndyPudenda---thanks For Saying The Truth, Even Though It Hurts. Then We Know We Are Not Alon
May 30, 2011

One can feel so beaten up and degraded.  So much to know and for so little pay.  Doc's get things to go faster and their pay is not cut.  Difficult dictators don't have to take a pay cut, yet we get a cut in production and a cut in QA if we don't understand them.    Are the  docs even aware of Account Specifics?  If transcription departments are not in-house any longer, who is making the picky rules?  If you cannot put qhs, then why doesn� ...

I Would Love To Start A Website Dedicated To The Truth Of
Feb 16, 2012

I have the knowhow, just not the creativity.  Although I'm just probably being hopeful/optimistic, I think if more regular folks know where there medical records are going, the errors that are allowed to get by, and who sees all their personal information, that things would change.    In reality, I know this would not make a smidge of difference.  Everything is controlled by corporations with no standards and money these days.  They all have enough money to just w ...

Isnt It Illegal For A Potential Employer To Ask Your Age?
Nov 16, 2009

Have any of you had the feeling you weren't getting callbacks from employers you applied with because of your age?  I've been getting that feeling, and I thought that discrimination based on age, among other things, was illegal. So of course, the answer would be to just not fill in your date of birth, right?  Well, lately I've applied at a few places where the ONLY way to apply was online.  I had actually called them because I wanted to either come in and fill out ...

Potential Employers Interview Process
Mar 22, 2011

So I graduated in February and began the job hunt.  Finally I receive one call back from a local company. To date I have attended two seperate interviews. The second time I was supposed to test but the computer was not working so a couple of weeks later they schedule testing at one of the transcriptionist house.  I test and the computer freezes up.  Luckily the test is recovered the next day and sent to the boss for review.  Get another call today, and am told that ...