A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

At last!! Transcend tells the truth. - Resigning

Posted: Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team leads who will cherry pick the system to death to get all the good jobs, and if not cherry pick, will manipulate it so those jobs come to them first. About 50% of the editing jobs are faster to do if you retype them because the editor is so bad.  You cannot use your own shortcuts that might be more efficient because the rules are set in stone for what you can use from BeyondTxt and M-Modal, and that will count against you.  QA will nitpick you to death over insignificant words like 'the' versus 'a', so you will never achieve the 3% QA rule.  

Then, of course, you have to have enough work to keep you busy, but since we have not had work for over a week since they lost our accounts and now we will only be able to do 5 jobs a day, we certainly will never qualify for as a high producer.   

And they will provide you with all the training you need - 30 minutes during the day shift even if you work 2nd or 3rd shift.  This will almost get you through the introduction of who is at the training class and that training only consists of someone reading the instructions to you.  Big deal.   But you will be paid $6.00 to attend, because they are so generous.  

But, don't forget - we are lucky to have jobs.  

Unemployment office here I come. 

Unemployment office? You do not plan to look for another job? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You plan to let unemployment checks take care of you? good luck with that! Sorry about your luck at Transcend but there plenty of other companies.

Unemployment Forever? - LinK

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't read into the OP's message that she plans on staying on unemployment definitely. Sound like she just wants out of a bad situation. Do you know how hard it is to find a job? I was on unemployment for 2 months before I found another job. What was I supposed to do in the meantime, not seek unemployment and try to get by with no income? If she did mean she wasn't going to look for another job, then that's a different story.

Some of their MTs must be able to do it, so it must not be all that impossible - Just saying

[ In Reply To ..]
The picture you paint is of an impossible job being required of you. It may be a job that you don't want, but some are obviously doing it and happy to be doing it.

And yes, they probably believe that they are blessed to have jobs.

Good for you - kv

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't want to do this, but the first two comments under your posting -- I don't even know what to say. Perhaps they are visiting from a different planet. Anyone who has worked in this field knows what is going on, and some hang on and keep trying, but if you have reached your end, good, and I'm sorry it had to happen this way. Sorry for all of us. I keep saying this. It used to be a good profession. Now it's a joke, working for pennies. I had forgotten about cherry picking, but when I worked in house at the hospital it happened all the time. What I do remember, and it happens all the time, is that a certain few get their pick of work types and they know they will consistently get work on the same account and will be able to count on a paycheck. I wish you well.

i agree with kv - ihearya

[ In Reply To ..]
You don't know all of the ins and outs of how people are treated at Transcend unless you've been there. Transcend is practically forcing resignations left and right of anyone with any experience. I guess they want all newbies so they can work them for a lot less money out of Transcend's pockets. Make no mistake GREED is the culprit here. After years of employment at Transcend, the mentality from Transcend when you are practically forced to resign is don't let the door hit you in the ***.

the first 2 responses were horrible and rude - where is the empathy?

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel for you and those first 2 responses you received were very rude. This profession has gone down the tubes and the pay stinks practically everywhere. Find another job? There are plenty out there? Really? Have you tried looking for one lately? Pretty slim pickings and anymore 8 cpl is a good rate and almost obsolete.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I do hope you find a decent job! Good luck!

Just need to set one thing straight... - Anonymous Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
In the past they have had a "Biggest Loser" event which was indeed a weight loss encouragement program. I expect somebody just made a typo when they sent out the "Biggest Producer Contest" announcement.

I use my own shortcuts all day and all night in BeyondTXT; in fact, they actually have training classes in using your expander, to learn to be more productive with it, so if somebody told you you can't use shortcuts, they told you wrong.

And even some of my worst ESL dictators are coming through just fine in the speech recognition, after only 2 months in the system. How bad can a system be if it can understand even Dr. MashedPotatoMouth?

Just asking.

I suspect your attempts to rally the troops is on deaf ears and blind eyes - Karma has come for Transcend apparently

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it's safe to say you can save your valiant attempts to rally the troops.

They're all too busy waving their white flags, in case you hadn't noticed.

What are they smoking at Transcend? - luvjcn

[ In Reply To ..]
What company offers a contest to be a top mass producer, yet doesn't supply enough work to make even half your lines for the day? I wake up to an empty work pool almost everyday and when you beg for additional accounts, they either ignore your request or tell you to flex your time because your accounts will get busy as the day goes on. You find yourself flexing so much that you don't even have a life anymore because you're constantly waiting around for a steady of supply of work all day. Can't remember the last time I have worked a normal shift. This has been the trend for several months now. And it's amazing how any work remaining in your pool suddenly vanishes around 10 o'clock every night and you're left with nothing to make your lines. You need to try to empathize and understand what the OP is saying instead of making assumptions. Everyone at Transcend isn't fortunate enough to have an abundance of daily work, decent platform, decent line rate and VR rate, wonderful TL, etc. So for a lot of us that have to suffer through this garbage on a daily basis, it's a kick in the gut for them to even be offering a contest like this now when everyone doesn't have a FAIR SHOT at it. A lot of us are full time making only part-time pay and unable to pay our bills anymore. And yes, if she's going through what I and many others are going through, she probably would make way more money on unemployment than being an employee there at the moment. And if you think it's so easy to just find another job (forget better job) in this economey, I guess you've been under a rock in the past couple of years. BTW, I am an 1-1/2 hours into my shift and still no work in my pool. Just another beautiful day at Transcend....

you know what the 10pm work vanishing act is, right? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
all the bosses are going to bed and the work goes to what is, at that hour, the DAY shift in India.

feel for you all.

Please forgive the typos in post, got ahead of myself...nm - luvjcn

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Who cares about the typos? It was PERFECTION - Last line of your post said it ALL

[ In Reply To ..]
Forget the typos, the MESSAGE was perfection.

You sound really miserable - Please See Message

[ In Reply To ..]
My impression after reading what you've read is, you aren't going to be happy anywhere you work and you're going to take as many people with you on that trip as you can convince to go with you.

I don't know much about the company you work for, although I do know a couple of people who work or have worked there. Some liked it and some didn't. Of those who didn't, some had good reasons and the others are so obnoxious and miserable that no job will ever work for them. They will make any job miserable because they enjoy being miserable and making everyone else miserable along with them. It wouldn't matter if they switched jobs or even career fields. They are committed to being miserable, as you appear to be.

I'm just saying that if a person is determined to be miserable, it's going to happen for them. Misery loves company and always finds plenty of it, while others find what they love and are living happy lives in spite of the fact that life isn't perfect.

Nobody faults you for not liking a job, but there are better ways to handle it. You have already decided that everyone in MT is as unhappy as you are, and you are wrong, because for some reason you get pleasure out of complaining rather than doing something about it. That makes me think that it isn't the job that is the problem. That's just what it looks like from here.

Not sure who you're addressing but.... - luvjcn

[ In Reply To ..]
if you are addressing me with this "you get pleasure out of complaining rather than doing something about it", where did you get the idea that talking about this work situation is pleasurable or that nothing has been attempted to change the situation? I for one am not sitting around doing nothing about it. I am applying for other positions within the company and other places outside of the company and looking into changing careers altogether since this industry is going down the tubes at an alarming rate.

A job is a job. I don't look to a job to make me happy, maybe you do. I have other aspects of my life for that. I only look to the job to supply what I signed on for so I can take care of my family and if it cannot do that, it is up to me to do what I have to do and that's what I'm doing. I have no emotional attachment to any job. That's why I have no qualms about walking away from this job/company or career at anytime if the right opportunity comes along. Again, you're assuming that just because we're on here describing our INDIVIDUAL experiences that we're just "miserable people who love to complain" and we're doing nothing else about it. And I never stated that this was everyone's experience at Transcend. You're not there, so you have no clue what many of us are dealing with. So if you want to be close-minded and don't want to read or hear about bad experiences or struggles at Transcend, skip the posts, just that simple. Otherwise, please get your facts straight before you come on here generalizing.

This is not an argument, but please see message for more - Discussion

[ In Reply To ..]
Your message makes some really good points. My message above was addressed to people who really do love to be miserable and never take steps to fix it, and if they do, they tend to go through the same thing with every job they take.

Back to what you said though, and I agree with much of it. You made me think about things a different way. You look at your job as a job, and that's fine. You have no emotional attachment to it, and I don't fault you for that.

At the same time, the company, which may be a good or bad one and I have no opinion on it, looks on you as an MT. They have no emotional attachment to you. I don't even known if that's true, but it may be.

As far as when you said, "since this industry is going down the tubes at an alarming rate." though, I disagree. I think it is changing. Not every MT is going to even want to change with it, because that probably takes a commitment to a career that not every MT has. MT is going to be different in a few years. Most of the same skills are still going to be needed, but at a higher level of expertise, in my opinion. That's why it's annoying for some of us who read the same people complaining day after day who are not like you, but people who don't even do that much work. They don't care about doing quality work, but just spend most of their work day repeating the same messages on message boards that they posted yesterday or last week or last month or, in some cases that I know personally, 2 years ago. Now that is such a poor use of time and depresses everyone, which I honestly believe is their goal. That is not you from what you've said in your last post, but for those who fit that description, my message still stands. Misery loves company and it's a very unhealthy place to live.

Do not pay this poster any attention. Everytime someone talks about Transcend - She is sure to be right behind with a slam

[ In Reply To ..]
She tries to discredit anyone who has anything negative to say about Transcend. Just pay her no attention. None of us do.
I agree, I saw where her post was headed and stopped reading it - OP NOT just a whiner at all
[ In Reply To ..]
The OP posted a very heartfelt vent and was certainly entitled to do so. When I saw that "other post" crop up, I saw where it was headed and immediately stopped reading it.

I cannot figure out for the life of me when someone isn't free to post their OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND EFFECTS OF THEIR EMPLOYER LOSING THEIR ACCOUNT a bad thing or whining or being a "misery just loves company" situation.

My heart went out to the OP...my BRAIN turned off that other poster as soon as I saw the direction he/she was trying to take the original post.

Some people I guess are just absolutely heartless and love twisting the proverbial knife one final time. Amazing.
I don't understand. Is your advice to OP that she stay there and remain miserable? - Please clarify
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure what you are advising her t do. Are you saying she should stay there and continue to be miserable?
Not giving her ANY advice - Pointing out the "misery loves company" poster
[ In Reply To ..]
I gave the OP no advice. I read her post and felt badly for her. Then further down one of the "you're just a whiner" and "misery loves company" posters appeared. I said I chose to stop reading that post.

Hope that clears it up for you...and hope you aren't just looking for a flame war with your post ;-)
Re: Do not pay her any attention... - Cory
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes. Strange how she tries to discredit. And what a ''leap'' in reasoning she makes that the OP won't be happy no matter where she works. Wow--she can determine that by an anonymous post on a message board?! She's missed her calling--Tremendous psychic powers, ha, ha.
is anyone who says anything positive to be ridiculed on this board?nm - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Apparently, but that demonstrates the point someone made earlier - Work Quality and Attitude Really Pay Off
[ In Reply To ..]
I always ask myself when I read these messages if this is a person I would want on my MT team. I've been around long enough to be able to read through the lines on some things. We have absolutely no way to know about the quality of their work, but their attitude screams volumes. Would you want to have to put up with that every day? I wouldn't. How would you like to be a QA person and have to bring an error to their attention? If I were making the hiring decisions, I would rather have someone who would work with me, not against me.

I don't work for the company they are talking about, so it's possible that they have some real problems and maybe their QA needs an attitude adjustment too, but maybe not. It's possible that they are just hiring the wrong people. Personally, I would just clean house and keep only the ones with the good attitudes if I were them. Then I would hire some new people who do good work plus have an attitude that lets them learn from their mistakes. Maybe they'll have to get someone with less experience in some cases, but even if they have to go with brand new unexperienced MTs with good skills and a teachable attitude, it would take a lot of pressure off in having to deal with obnoxious behavior. It would make their work a lot easier and more productive.
There are still some really good companies and some successful MTs - They usually find each other
[ In Reply To ..]
The best companies seem to attract the best MTs and keep them. Then you have companies that hire what I would call the 'attitude-challenged' and they pay for that every day they have those MTs working for them. Some of them are evidently figuring that out because they are switching out those people who are always causing trouble and giving the work to the people who are the best workers. That's a win/win for everyone in my opinion and that's the way I would do it if I were doing the hiring. That's a job I would love to have, hiring really good MTs. I would want to know if they have really good skills, but I would want to have a way to test out their attitudes, and that would be a deal-breaker if they failed that one. Skills you can work on, but people are stuck with their attitudes and work ethics. I don't know if it's possible to change those after they've been ingrained over time.
That would be the 'Success Loves Company' Forumula, would it? - Lovin it
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Perhaps these people all had good attitudes when they started but because of Transcend's childi - On the other hand
[ In Reply To ..]
unprofessional conduct they soon changed. Transcend has a handful of favorites that can do no wrong. And they have some who have never done anything but follow the instructions to the letter but still are abused by their "leaders". Transcend is definitely trying to get rid of all the experienced MTs and just hire low rate new MLS who do not know anything.
That theory doesn't work. - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
Let's say an MT with excellent skills and a good attitude go to work for a company. That company treats them so bad that they are miserable. An MT with a good attitude would leave that situation and go to a company that treats MTs appropriately.

Why would an MT stay? Poor skills, poor attitude who loves to play victim, or both. Otherwise they would be out of there faster than you could shake a fist at that pathetic employer.

There are plenty of jobs for people who are able and willing to do them.

The comment about new MLS not knowing anything is just one more symptom of the problem. There may be some who know little or nothing, but there are others who do very well, and they may not be taking lower rates to get hired. Last time I talked to a new MT she was hired at the going rate, and know nothing? She has a job she enjoys, so who's the 'know-nothing' here. I don't think it's her.

Edited to say that I don't think it's you either. I just think your theory is wrong.
Your reasoning is skewed - More jabs?
[ In Reply To ..]
Good MTs don't leave because there are no good jobs out there so there goes your whole theory down the drain.

Sorry you couldn't scud the MTs with that invalid line of reasoning.
Oh but there are. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sure there are...and I have nice piece of waterfront property for sale - In beautiful Okeefenokee...
[ In Reply To ..]
LOL and then tries to drag other posters into her little flame wars - Nope, NOT falling for it
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps if we learn to catch these pot-stirrers quickly enough and discount them, they'll take their poorly-constructed attempts at starting trouble in the threads elsewhere. Or at least find something more, shall we say "productive" with which to engage themselves. Their attempts to constantly berate posters when the poster is already down is quickly becoming a very characteristic to display, on these boards or elsewhere. Speaks volumes of what THEIR true personalities must be like.

Similar Messages:

Another One QA Tells Me One Thing The Other Another..
Feb 13, 2012

I cant do this much longer...So sick of this, last time I emailed the QA lead about a month ago I go no response on clarification.. ...

S/L "tells' Ophthalmometry
May 14, 2012

Okay, here's what the doc says.   "Her (sounds like Tells) ophthalmometry 17 on the right, 18-1/2 on the left with a base of 99, for a significant change in the left eye. '   TIA ...

Need Advice. My Gut Tells Me It May Be A Scam - Sm
Feb 22, 2014

I recently received an E-mail to call a company who is hiring for a large oncology account.  The company's name does not sound like it would be an MTSO but rather a company that handles data for other companies.  I called the company, the person seemed very nice, but was not very informative about medical transcription or even the aspects behind hiring MTs.  There was no mention of a test.  Paperwork was sent to me.  Everything looked legit.  There was mention ...

Phil Tells Me That There Are No Plans To
Mar 06, 2014

send out new computers when Microsoft ends its support of XP in April.  Just curious if that's what anyone else with an XP computer is hearing?? TIA ...

Nuance Tells You You Can't Get Unemployment
Jun 12, 2014

Because they lie. The only way you can find out if you are eligible is through your state. Don't believe Nuance. Their insurance premiums go up if you get unemployment, as does any employer's, and that's why they say that as a knee-jerk reflex. Because they lie. Good luck everyone. ...

TRUTH
May 07, 2010

After weeks and weeks of research, and reading tons of forums and reviews, speaking to advisors at on-line colleges, receiving multiple packets by mail, etc.....   I believe Career Step's medical coding program or AHIMA would be the BEST possible option for anyone trying to break into this field from home, learning at their own pace and the best affordability. Please does anyone here beg to differ?  I am looking for constructive criticism as well as any positives on these two o ...

I Really Need The Truth!
Apr 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!  I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times but I'm unsure of how to navigate this forum to find answers.  So here's the skinny. I'm a recent graduate of Cometology school and I'm having a very hard time finding employment due to my own poor timing.  We are military and my husband is due for orders in about 8 months.  So I've been looking into Medical Transcription and Editing with hopes that I would be able to take m ...

Do Not Know If This Is Absolute Truth Or Not, But
Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself! ...

Now The Truth About Those Not Notified.
Mar 21, 2014

Just got an email that said I was put on a wait list.  I will know by close of day on Wednesday if I got a slot.   ...

Why To Tell The Truth About Nuance
May 23, 2014

For those of us who have found ourselves as Nuance employees by virtue of company buyouts, hospital outsourcing, or something other than traditional methods of job hunting, we have all suffered a major life loss, loss of income, loss of security, loss of self-esteem, loss of pride in work, and on and on and on.  And, certainly in my case, representatives of Nuance told half-truths, made promises that could never be achieved, and decieved me, leading me into a miserable situation. There is ...

The Truth About The Swap Board
Apr 05, 2010

I used Schedule Source for about a year when they were testing it.  It's one of those "benefits" they keep talking about.  The problem is, if you swap you will be in somebody else's cesspool - getting unfamiliar accounts for which you have to read maybe multiple  CPs and get reports where you may have to leave QA markers and spend extra time researching.  It's also a mechanism for MTs to dump shifts where they know they will get a specific crummy account/dictat ...

Finally Truth Be Told
Jan 02, 2011

Saw this in an online article on how to work at home: Fast typer? Become a transcriber.Anyone with solid typing experience—legal secretaries, executive assistants or simply those with quick fingers—can work from home as a transcriber. Some companies offer very specific work (such as transcribing legal documents only), while others pair you with assignments that match your expertise and job background. Salary: Payment is by page or an hourly rate; approximately $10 per hour. For more ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

The TRUTH About Precyse Solutions - STAY AWAY!
Aug 24, 2011

Actually, several truths about Precyse that current or prospective employees should be aware of: 1.  Recently, an entire group of employees was laid off who had been there for years and had been great employees.  I was one of these people.  The official company line is something like "Processes have become so efficient that we no longer need nearly as much staffing as we have had in the past."  The truth is that the company is pushing to move all work over 2 hour TAT to Indi ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

Brave AndyPudenda---thanks For Saying The Truth, Even Though It Hurts. Then We Know We Are Not Alon
May 30, 2011

One can feel so beaten up and degraded.  So much to know and for so little pay.  Doc's get things to go faster and their pay is not cut.  Difficult dictators don't have to take a pay cut, yet we get a cut in production and a cut in QA if we don't understand them.    Are the  docs even aware of Account Specifics?  If transcription departments are not in-house any longer, who is making the picky rules?  If you cannot put qhs, then why doesn� ...

I Would Love To Start A Website Dedicated To The Truth Of
Feb 16, 2012

I have the knowhow, just not the creativity.  Although I'm just probably being hopeful/optimistic, I think if more regular folks know where there medical records are going, the errors that are allowed to get by, and who sees all their personal information, that things would change.    In reality, I know this would not make a smidge of difference.  Everything is controlled by corporations with no standards and money these days.  They all have enough money to just w ...

For All Potential Candidates. Truth In Recruitment Advertising
Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the accoun ...

Email From Career Step (MT School): Truth Or Fiction?
Oct 16, 2012

I've been considering getting into the MT field, and I emailed my Career Step academic advisor last week to ask him what he thought about the future of MT.  Here was his response: ********** Thanks for the email.  I understand your concern about the future of the industry.  The rumors that Medical Transcription is going to be phased out in the future are not new.  We’ve been hearing such talk for over 20 years now, and the opposite has proven true thus far.& ...

QC/QA - What The "Reviewer Display Name" Tells You?
Oct 21, 2013

I've been curious for some time what the "Reviewer Display Name" listed in FIESA really tell us about who is reviewing our work.  For instance, I've heard if you have US in the name, so like "Jane Doe NTS-US" as the Reviewer Display Name, that would mean that the reviewer was in fact in the US and worked for Nuance.  I think there are probably ones that are reviewed by offshore, but I'm not sure how they appear. But what about other things in their names.  So, what ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...