A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why to tell the truth about Nuance - gmooh

Posted: May 23, 2014

For those of us who have found ourselves as Nuance employees by virtue of company buyouts, hospital outsourcing, or something other than traditional methods of job hunting, we have all suffered a major life loss, loss of income, loss of security, loss of self-esteem, loss of pride in work, and on and on and on.  And, certainly in my case, representatives of Nuance told half-truths, made promises that could never be achieved, and decieved me, leading me into a miserable situation.

There is a very natural human reaction to that, and that is to invest time in hopes of preventing others from experiencing the misery that I have endured.  Like mothers in MADD, it's very healing to in some way prevent others from going down the Nuance rate hole. 

So, I'm not going to make any excuses for being negative.  There is no reason to be anything but negative about enduring poverty wages, poor insurance, and the lack of security that comes with these things.  I genuinely hope there is someone who chooses to say no to Nuance, and hit the streets in search of a real job. 

Nuance - Done

[ In Reply To ..]
That is exactly what I did. We are being bought out in the next month and something just kept telling me not to go with them. I denied the offer, and everyone is asking why. I have read the info. I have read the reviews. EVERYONE can't be wrong. I wish the best for the others, I really do, but this is just not for me anymore. I have interviewed for other jobs and am waiting to hear from them, but I would rather have my peace of mind than worry about FIESA and 99% and above to get a few more pennies.

:-) - gmooh

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow ... you have no idea what joy I felt reading your post. I wish you all the best in your job hunt and your next position !!!

I agree, told TL why I quit - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When I gave my notice, my team lead asked why I was quitting, and I gave her ALL the reasons. Of course, it really didn't matter, but I was glad to tell her.

Now I have a non-MT job that I don't really like. However, I make about what I made after Nuance dropped my pay from 5 cpl to 3.75 cpl, and I don't have to worry about OOW, making up time, lying on my time sheet, VR not working and having to transcribe the whole report but being paid VR pay, etc. I get paid the same amount everyday no matter how much or how little I do. I work Monday through Friday, no weekends, evenings or holidays. So, all in all, it's a much better situation than working with all the stress Nuance causes.

Similar Messages:

The Truth About Nuance Pay Rates.
Dec 12, 2011

The taped call has been released and while the information about the pay rate was not entirely inaccurate, it left out the rest of the story. Graduate/Radiology 0.0750/0.0375 (0.0425 on some platforms) Clinic 0.08/0.04 (0.0850/0.0450 on some platforms) Acute 0.0850/0.0413 (0.0875/0.0463 on some platforms) Incentive is based on QA/QC and production (tiered production and 99% which is what I was told when I was hired) but is biweekly instead of quarterly.    ...

TRUTH
May 07, 2010

After weeks and weeks of research, and reading tons of forums and reviews, speaking to advisors at on-line colleges, receiving multiple packets by mail, etc.....   I believe Career Step's medical coding program or AHIMA would be the BEST possible option for anyone trying to break into this field from home, learning at their own pace and the best affordability. Please does anyone here beg to differ?  I am looking for constructive criticism as well as any positives on these two o ...

I Really Need The Truth!
Apr 10, 2014

Hey Everyone!  I'm sure these questions have been asked a thousand times but I'm unsure of how to navigate this forum to find answers.  So here's the skinny. I'm a recent graduate of Cometology school and I'm having a very hard time finding employment due to my own poor timing.  We are military and my husband is due for orders in about 8 months.  So I've been looking into Medical Transcription and Editing with hopes that I would be able to take m ...

Do Not Know If This Is Absolute Truth Or Not, But
Nov 17, 2009

I heard they were laying off some people due to changing over to VR and the need for fewer MTs.  I expect that is the way things are going to head these days.  Headin' South myself! ...

Now The Truth About Those Not Notified.
Mar 21, 2014

Just got an email that said I was put on a wait list.  I will know by close of day on Wednesday if I got a slot.   ...

The Truth About The Swap Board
Apr 05, 2010

I used Schedule Source for about a year when they were testing it.  It's one of those "benefits" they keep talking about.  The problem is, if you swap you will be in somebody else's cesspool - getting unfamiliar accounts for which you have to read maybe multiple  CPs and get reports where you may have to leave QA markers and spend extra time researching.  It's also a mechanism for MTs to dump shifts where they know they will get a specific crummy account/dictat ...

At Last!! Transcend Tells The Truth.
Jun 01, 2010

Now we know how they feel about us with their new and exciting contest -  Biggest LOSER contest.  (Of course a correction was sent out so it now reads biggest producer, but the first e-mail tells it all.) This is another sucker game to try to get everyone to work longer and harder to make their horrible program sound like it works, but it that suxs no matter how you look at it.  Of course, we all know the winners before it even starts since there are a few low class trashy team le ...

Finally Truth Be Told
Jan 02, 2011

Saw this in an online article on how to work at home: Fast typer? Become a transcriber.Anyone with solid typing experience—legal secretaries, executive assistants or simply those with quick fingers—can work from home as a transcriber. Some companies offer very specific work (such as transcribing legal documents only), while others pair you with assignments that match your expertise and job background. Salary: Payment is by page or an hourly rate; approximately $10 per hour. For more ...

THE TRUTH ABOUT KS TIME CLOCK AND OT
Oct 04, 2011

The truth is KS is being sued for not paying overtime.  KS does not have time records and that is why it is being implemented now.  I myself know overtime pay was not offered for anyone taking extra hours on my account.  I also have e-mails to that effect.  KS has not always paid overtime and if it was given it was to a select few or favorites.  At one time gift cards were being given in lieu of overtime on certain accounts, which does not make up for the overtime m ...

The TRUTH About Precyse Solutions - STAY AWAY!
Aug 24, 2011

Actually, several truths about Precyse that current or prospective employees should be aware of: 1.  Recently, an entire group of employees was laid off who had been there for years and had been great employees.  I was one of these people.  The official company line is something like "Processes have become so efficient that we no longer need nearly as much staffing as we have had in the past."  The truth is that the company is pushing to move all work over 2 hour TAT to Indi ...

Is There Any Truth To A No-hire Black List?
Mar 19, 2014

I have worked for 20+ years with two companies and had good reviews and made good money.  No problems with meeting production.  Left one of the big 2 companies last January after pay cuts, nothing nasty, I just kindly and sincerely expressed my opinion why I was leaving.  Since then I've applied with 3 or 4 other companies, was told by one I was on *do not hire list*, but was never given a reason why.  Is there something I can do here?  I'm a good employee and ...

I Have Realized The Truth Of The MT Industry Situation
Jun 06, 2015

I've been coming here for years. For many years it was only the poorly trained MTs who complained about not doing well. Anyone who had good training and good skills, sometimes learned on the job, which isn't practical now, but good skills at any rate, did well. The times have changed. While I used to categorize the complainers as neer-do-wells because they lacked ambition, accuracy, and training, that just isn't the case anymore. The employers have beat MTs down so that they can ...

Brave AndyPudenda---thanks For Saying The Truth, Even Though It Hurts. Then We Know We Are Not Alon
May 30, 2011

One can feel so beaten up and degraded.  So much to know and for so little pay.  Doc's get things to go faster and their pay is not cut.  Difficult dictators don't have to take a pay cut, yet we get a cut in production and a cut in QA if we don't understand them.    Are the  docs even aware of Account Specifics?  If transcription departments are not in-house any longer, who is making the picky rules?  If you cannot put qhs, then why doesn� ...

I Would Love To Start A Website Dedicated To The Truth Of
Feb 16, 2012

I have the knowhow, just not the creativity.  Although I'm just probably being hopeful/optimistic, I think if more regular folks know where there medical records are going, the errors that are allowed to get by, and who sees all their personal information, that things would change.    In reality, I know this would not make a smidge of difference.  Everything is controlled by corporations with no standards and money these days.  They all have enough money to just w ...

For All Potential Candidates. Truth In Recruitment Advertising
Apr 01, 2015

Nuance is first and foremost a software company that depends upon poorly paid MTs to do the work of software engineers to perfect speech recognition software. By pretending to be a legitimate MTSO, they can recruit innocent MTs straight out of school who have no expectations of being self-sufficient any time soon. They use you, though, until the speech wreck is in passable condition for front-end EHR or shipment off to India. Once this occurs, usually 6 to 8 weeks after acquisition of the accoun ...

Email From Career Step (MT School): Truth Or Fiction?
Oct 16, 2012

I've been considering getting into the MT field, and I emailed my Career Step academic advisor last week to ask him what he thought about the future of MT.  Here was his response: ********** Thanks for the email.  I understand your concern about the future of the industry.  The rumors that Medical Transcription is going to be phased out in the future are not new.  We’ve been hearing such talk for over 20 years now, and the opposite has proven true thus far.& ...

Wmx/nuance Paycut Meeting,listen To Tape Shut Up Or QUIT, Nuance Attitude?
Dec 12, 2011

According to a poster below which has apparently already attended one of the payroll meetings (as the poster posted) for nuance they have decided to keep the incentive part of all of our pay going with an exception that now you have to have over the industry standard of 98% to get a production based incentive. In addition (if this poster is accurate) they have again cut the overall pay from 8 and 4 to 3 3/4 AND 7 1/2. This is nothing but a bunch of crapploa...an MT who is now getting ...

I Know The Nuance Questions Are Getting Old, But Just One More, Does Nuance Pay Shift Differential F
Mar 09, 2012

that fall during the shift.  For example, if half of your hours fall in 3rd shift and half fall in 1st shift, do the 3rd shift hours pay more cpl?  Or, do all hours have to fall within the shift to qualify?  Thanks, Yet another sad Transcend employee... ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Nuance OSI
Apr 14, 2011

Any thoughts on this merger???? ...

Web/Nuance Ad
Sep 15, 2011

Does anyone know why the ad says "No inquiries from overseas" when they obviously offshore the work?  Anyone reading that would incorrectly assume they do not offshore.  I was reading an article in the newspaper that a journalist was talking about a few days ago regarding the hospital outsourcing to the Web/Nuance, and the spokesperson for the hospital said in the article that the company only employs US MTs.  ...

Nuance -?
Oct 08, 2011

xx ...

Nuance PTO ?
Oct 23, 2011

The ad Nuance has up says increased PTO.  Anyone willing to tell me what it is now. Also information on their bonus program would be helpful.  Thank you. ...

WMX/NUANCE Here It Is......
Nov 04, 2011

....First send us an email with fabulous Nuance ins (bad news) because they had to announce that due to open season. However at the same time telling us that the new pay structure (probably more bad news) will be announced at a later date but will be effective Jan 1 2012. Good way to keep us hanging on while they are so behind with their horrid platform. Guess what Nuance/Nuisance, it will not work as your reputation has gone from bad to worse and we are now realizing that the We ...

NUANCE/WMX
Nov 18, 2011

What do Nuance MT's get for editing and transcribing per line.   Thanks ...

WMX/Nuance Changes
Dec 06, 2011

If Webmedx does away with or changes their recently advertised "PRODUCTION BASED INCENTIVE" bonus and adopts the Nuance quality based bonus then this change may be considered by quite a few WMX employees as yet another cut in pay. I’m sure that there are quite a few MT’s currently at WMX that have a high QA average and are earning $300-$400 (some even more) in production incentive pay each pay period, which equates to $600-$800 per month. As an example, acco ...

QA Nuance
Dec 28, 2011

Did anyone hear anything about changes for QA.  I heard there was a webinar today? ...

Nuance W2s?
Jan 20, 2012

Has Nuance/Alphastaff released W2s yet?  Quit mid-December, have no idea.  Thanks! ...

For Nuance QA.. Sm
Mar 09, 2012

Is there a specific QA staff?  I was under the impression that the team managers did most of the QA.  Is that correct?  Or how is the QA done?  Someone said below that QA is paid hourly; I was under the impression it was cpl.  Any info on QA structure for Nuance would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.  ...