A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Yahoo news "India's Medical Schools Plagued with Fraud" - val

Posted: Jun 18, 2015

A commenter said that to work in the US, the foreign doctor has to intern in the States.  I have to research if that is true.  Anyone know?

Foreign interns - gonesoon

[ In Reply To ..]
I remember hearing that back in the 1980s - at least for India. They had to work in the United States for a certain number of years before being allowed to practice in their own country.

I've heard that regarding foreign docs before. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

India Outsourcing Article From Yahoo News
Mar 26, 2010

Check out this article on outsourcing and the newly passed healthcare bill. This article talks about how the massive job increases are pretty much going to go go India and not stay here in the U.S. http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20100325/wl_csm/290215   ...

Just Saw On The CBS Evening News That The Gov. Is Going To Crack Down On For-profit Schools.
Jun 02, 2011

Apparently they're exorbitantly priced, large percentages of their students default on their government loans, and they don't prepare the students adequately for the careers they promised.  Sound familiar? ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Nuance News (India) :(
May 01, 2015

http://m.deccanherald.com/content/474481/nts-hire-3000-staff-invest.html   ...

Medical Coding Schools
Jun 06, 2012

I have been researching schools & certifications for coding and getting a bit overwhelmed! I have pretty much decided on an online course but now to decide which one? From reading the forums i hear Andrews college is pretty good but this will cost $3800 and take about a yr. Another option i have is thru Ivy Tech which will be covered by FAFSA grant. I also checked into the classes directly thru AAPC. Is anyone familiar with any of these online classes that could give me some input? I am lean ...

What Are The Best Schools For THOROUGH Medical Transcription Training?
Mar 27, 2011

I'm researching to find out which is the best online school to choose for medical transcription training.  I want to do the training right the first time, so I want to make sure I choose the right one.  They all seem to claim to be the top in the country and to have the most successful graduates.  I don't mind paying for what I'm getting, but I want to make sure I'm not paying for fluff.  I was hoping to get some insight from those who have already be ...

Medical Transcription Online Schools
Apr 26, 2011

I attended a seminar last night for an online medical transcription school.  The school providing the information was At-Home Professions out of Ft. Collins, CO.  After doing some research I have found that they may not give as intense of a schooling as others.  Can anyone give advice on this and/or which schools would provide a better education? ...

Medical Transcription Schools Are Over Priced
Sep 08, 2011

Why are those overpriced MT schools allowed to post ads on this website stating MTs can make up to $60,000, when we all know that is one BIG FAT LIE - not even close! ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

What Allied Medical Schools Told Me... Is THIS True?
May 12, 2010

A representative from Allied Medical Schools told me this:   Our program is designed to prepare you for not only the career, but also for the AAPC’s CPC-A exam which is the first certification you can obtain as a new medical coder. The AHIMA certification requires a degree program that usually takes about 2 years to complete and to pursue that, you must already have your CPC-A certification. Some employers may ask for a AHIMA cert but there are plenty of employers that do not and th ...

News Cast Coming About What's Happening To Medical Transcription
Dec 31, 2013

This is exciting, you guys!  Our local NPR station (where I work full time) is planning to air an hour-long radio cast about the effects of the electronic medical records implementation on our MT careers.  I was telling our producer that I worked for 27 years as a full-time MT, both in the clinic/hospital setting and at home, but 5 years ago I could no longer make it financially as a full-time MT.  That's when I went to work in the public sector doing something unrelated to t ...

Patient Medical Records Online Is Making News On NBC Sunday At 11
Feb 13, 2010

I have seen where our local news station in Richmond, VA is going to be covering a news story about patient medical records online on Sunday at 11:00 p.m.  The actual story caption advertised is:  "Patient Medical Records Online - What Happens Will Make You Sick." Oh yeah, it's about time.  I know not everyone will have this on NBC but you can access this story afterwards on the NBC Channel 12 website.  It will be interesting to see how this is covered and whether ...

British TV Sting Reveals Medical Records For Sale In India
Dec 03, 2009

According to articles in The Economic Times and The Daily Mail, an undercover investigation by Britain's ITV1 television program "Tonight" has revealed that medical records of UK citizens are available for purchase from Indian black marketeers. Quoting from The Economic Times article: The modus-operandi employed to procure the records was simple. Chris Rogers, the [television] programme’s presenter, contacted two Indian salesmen through an internet chat room, and posed as a marketing ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

EMR = Fraud ??
Feb 25, 2013

You all may have already seen this, but I think it's important to know how our efforts are helping to promote this rip-off and who benefits.....   http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/22/business/medicare-billing-rises-at-hospitals-with-electronic-records.html?_r=3& ...

Fraud?
Jan 16, 2015

Anyone else been told that it is fraud for one to be assigned jobs or alter what jobs they receive (including leads and others picking and justifying it for TAT) differently than another and it compromises productivity/pay that they came up with?  ...

Better Coding Or Fraud?
Jul 23, 2012

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/767732?sssdmh=dm1.804760&src=nldne ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Committing Insurance Fraud
Sep 15, 2013

I was a CMT who is now doing insurance billing and coding. Now that I understand what I'm doing, after several months, I realize I'm committing insurance fraud. Basically, the doc I work for is very ethical and is not committing the fraud. It's me. The business is owned by a different doctor who makes the doc I work for perform certain tests. However, the doc I work for refuses to circle the appropriate ICD codes on the superbill that will pay for the CPTs which, of course, is the ...

Yahoo! Article About MT Being #4 Best Job To Have For Flexibility
Nov 04, 2010

Totally made me LOL this morning, especially the "You get to decide your own hours" line.  I cut and pasted this section of the article but the full report can be found here: http://education.yahoo.net/articles/flexible_careers_that_pay.htm?wid=1   Career #4 - Medical Transcriptionist Medical transcriptionists listen to and transcribe dictated recordings made by doctors and other health care professionals. As a medical transcriptionist, you would need to understand medical terminol ...

Do Any Of You Ever Post On Yahoo Answers?
Mar 16, 2012

I am not sure if tihis is the right place to post this, but I used to ask questions there all the time.  Now just recently I went on there and could not believe all the profanity and inappropriate subjects they let people post there.  It is really awful and I am shocked to see some things that are passed up for censoring.  People call each other jerks and bigoted racists all the time.  I am wondering where are their moderators and why is no one doing anything to stop thi ...

Has Anyone Interviewed Via Yahoo For An MT Position With CHS
Jan 30, 2014

I applied for a job on mtjobs.com.  I received an email for an interview via yahoo.  They want to deposit $$ in an account for me to buy "supplies/software/etc" so I can start my MT job with them.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  I'm sensing scam...... ...

Article On Bosses From Yahoo This Morning
Mar 26, 2010

According to Yahoo:  Have you not heard? It's the 21st century. Threats and power plays just do not cut it anymore (and they were always a terrible way to manage). Yes, you pay people's salaries but that doesn't mean you're their lord and master. You are their leader, however. Leaders lead by inspiring, teaching, encouraging, and, yes, serving their employees. Good leaders never need to threaten. If you really want to motivate people, consider giving them a stake in th ...

MY YAHOO Making Me Sign In Every Time
Jun 19, 2010

Suddenly now I have to sign in every time all day long on My Yahoo, even though the box is checked to keep me signed in for two weeks.  Anyone know how to fix this?  It's a PIA to keep signing in over & over.     No reply from Yahoo when I wrote them (surprise, suprise!) ...

We Should Make India Do All The Transcription - See How That Works For Ya,India.
Nov 06, 2010

Everybody leave Medquist....go get other work -- working at McDonald's pays more and has better benefits - at least you get to eat. And see how well India does all the transcription -- they can't do it -- we do the hard work and they get the cream.  We are sitting her dying with their bad machines and bad dictators. Let them have it -- they will corode. ...

Companies With A Yahoo E-mail Account Just Look Shady.
May 15, 2014

Or maybe it's just me?   ...

2 More Ads At Other Job Site With Resumes Going To Yahoo Email Addys.
May 24, 2014

ridiculous pay rate of $1.30 per line. Just beware that is you respond to these ads, there is a good chance they are a scam. Check MTStars archives for postings on these scam ads. ...

What Are The Top 3 MT Schools? Nm
Jan 25, 2011

nm ...

OMg, I Wish These Med Schools
May 01, 2012

would teach these up-and-coming's and anyone who dictates, nurses, etc, how to pronounce words.  Just had an non-ESL pronounce auscultation -- "a-cuss-o-lation."  pleaseeeeeee.  ...

Does Anyone Know Who Does Own/run The Various MT Schools?
Jun 21, 2012

I was reading through the different comments below and now I'm curious about something. Does anyone know who actually owns and runs the various MT schools/programs/courses?  Do we also know how long they have owned/run them? ...