A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Allied Medical Schools told me... is THIS true? - questioning validity

Posted: May 12, 2010

A representative from Allied Medical Schools told me this:

Our program is designed to prepare you for not only the career, but also for the AAPC’s CPC-A exam which is the first certification you can obtain as a new medical coder. The AHIMA certification requires a degree program that usually takes about 2 years to complete and to pursue that, you must already have your CPC-A certification. Some employers may ask for a AHIMA cert but there are plenty of employers that do not and that means you can start working sooner, gaining great on the job experience while working towards your AHIMA certification.

nope - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

No, see msg - JM

[ In Reply To ..]
Incorrect: You can obtain whatever you choose. With AHIMA, RHIT/RHIA require a degree program, but CCS, CCS-P, CCA require only a high school diploma. They strongly recommend other various experience, check it out for yourself here: http://www.ahima.org/certification/. With AAPC, you can take AAPC exams also whenever you choose. They require 2 years of medical coding experience OR 80 hours education and one year of work experience for a CPC, CPC-H, or CPC-P, BUT if you do not have this, you can still take their exams and obtain these credentials as an CPC-A, CPC-H-A, CPC-P-A (apprentice) and the A will be dropped when you have the two years in. Check it out here: http://www.aapc.com/certification/

I believe they are mistaken. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Has Anyone Went To Allied Schools?
Jan 31, 2011

Has anyone went to Allied Schools?  They are ADHI approved but do not use SUM.  I have talked to many school and would like to know if anyone went here and what their impression was.  Thanks. ...

Allied Schools
Feb 28, 2011

I am going through Allied Schools Medical Transcription program and I was wondering if anyone else out there has gone through them and what they thought. I am close to graduating and also wanted to hear how difficult it was to find a job for an entry level position. Thanks! ...

Disappointment In Allied Medical School
Jan 25, 2010

I am so deeply disappointed in Allied Business School/Medical School. I am so deeply disappointed in AIM/**** who never lived up to her end of a business deal.   I have wasted so much time and money in attempting to become a Medical Transcriptionist.   I'd rather clean toilets. Anonymous   **** Do not identify individuals. Moderator **** ...

Medical Transcription Course At A State University And A Med Terminology Class For MTs Thru Allied?
Jul 14, 2011

I planned on going this route in order to obtain a job as an MT. Do you think this is feasible? I would also be purchasing plenty of dictation practice materials. (Practice, practice, practice!!) Thanks in advance for your input!   ...

Medical Coding Schools
Jun 06, 2012

I have been researching schools & certifications for coding and getting a bit overwhelmed! I have pretty much decided on an online course but now to decide which one? From reading the forums i hear Andrews college is pretty good but this will cost $3800 and take about a yr. Another option i have is thru Ivy Tech which will be covered by FAFSA grant. I also checked into the classes directly thru AAPC. Is anyone familiar with any of these online classes that could give me some input? I am lean ...

What Are The Best Schools For THOROUGH Medical Transcription Training?
Mar 27, 2011

I'm researching to find out which is the best online school to choose for medical transcription training.  I want to do the training right the first time, so I want to make sure I choose the right one.  They all seem to claim to be the top in the country and to have the most successful graduates.  I don't mind paying for what I'm getting, but I want to make sure I'm not paying for fluff.  I was hoping to get some insight from those who have already be ...

Medical Transcription Online Schools
Apr 26, 2011

I attended a seminar last night for an online medical transcription school.  The school providing the information was At-Home Professions out of Ft. Collins, CO.  After doing some research I have found that they may not give as intense of a schooling as others.  Can anyone give advice on this and/or which schools would provide a better education? ...

Medical Transcription Schools Are Over Priced
Sep 08, 2011

Why are those overpriced MT schools allowed to post ads on this website stating MTs can make up to $60,000, when we all know that is one BIG FAT LIE - not even close! ...

Medical Transcription Schools CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec
Jan 19, 2010

3 schools were recommended, CareerStep, Andrews & M-Tec, not sure which one to go with.  The tuition goes from $1875-$4975, I am curious why such a huge difference and what is the normal time frame for training.  Some say a 4 month program, a 6 month program & a 9 month program.  Any info is appreciated! Can anyone recommend one of these schools over the other? ...

Yahoo News "India's Medical Schools Plagued With Fraud"
Jun 18, 2015

A commenter said that to work in the US, the foreign doctor has to intern in the States.  I have to research if that is true.  Anyone know? ...

Why Are We Told This Is Slow Time Of Year? MTSO Told Me This
Dec 09, 2010

make up all late reports, etc for the end of the year.  At my MTSO it is anything but slow, Getting lots of reports from Sept and Oct. ...

Allied
Apr 23, 2010

I have been doing due diligence & am disappointed to find so many negatives about Allied. I don't understand why this program, that appears to be considered substandard in the industry, was approved. I have completed a local program that was fine for what it provided, but I feel & know that I need more. I want the next step to be the final step. Nobody wants to do 3 programs! I hear those who talk about cost. However, there are many considerations when choosing. Not everyone can af ...

Has Anyone Gone To Allied For MT School?
Dec 31, 2009

Just wondering if anyone went to Allied Medical Schooling for MT and how they liked it? How did you do and if you felt prepared for work after getting done with it? I just want to know how others done with it and how they liked it? ...

MT Course At ALLIED Med School
Jan 23, 2010

Has anyone heard anything about Allied Medical School's Medical Transcription course? They are approved by AHDI, the price is reasonable (not cheapest but not most expensive) and the course includes a laptop, CD materials and actual textbooks(unlike CareerStep that provides photo copies). I want to get started on my schooling but I want to make the best choice I can. Any info/feed back would be greatly appreciated. ...

Allied Program
Apr 22, 2010

Has anyone here completed the Allied program? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, any job assistance they may provide, & whether you'd make the same choice if you could do it again. Thanks! ...

NEWBIE FROM ALLIED
Apr 26, 2010

I am about to complete my course with ALLIED MEDICAL SCHOOLS, but I'm running into the same problems with companies not wanting to hire newbies.  EVERYONE is wanting 2+ yrs experience.  I didn't take this course to work at a hospital, I took it to work from home.  Now I'm finding everyone telling me to find a local job to gain the experience I need to land an MT company job.  I am so worried I have made the wrong decision to do this and now will have to go back ...

Almost Done With Allied MT Finals!
Apr 26, 2011

I am in Allied MT school, and working on my finals.  I am truly concerned that my lack of experience will hinder me finding a job. Any information on companies that hire new MTs would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Completed Allied Course - Feeling Unprepared...
Apr 25, 2010

I have recently completed the Allied MT course, and as I begin to test for companies, I realize that I am not prepared for the real world of the MT. As I have already spent a great deal of money, taking the Andrews course is not a viable option for me. If I could turn back time..... Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions of ways that I could obtain some "real world" practice so that I may be better prepared for my career? I have searched for mentorships, as I would love to have an MT to help ...

Can This Be True?
Nov 11, 2010

I think full-time MT/ME's with benefits are required to do 150 lines per hour or 1200 for an 8-hour shift, right?  Full-time without benefits and part-time need 100 lines per hour. If the poster below is correct about newbies getting 4-cents per line ASR (no mention of how much for transcription), that means full-time with benefits will get $6 per hour = $48 per day = $240 per week = $12,480 per year, NOT including fed and state taxes, Medi ...

Is This True PTO
Mar 31, 2012

Ok I've been here like 3 months. Got my new manager's rules like 2 days ago. It said if you are scheduled to work holiday, you will (well obviously) but it also said you can request it off and will NOT be told yes or no until 3 days prior to the day. Three days? I mean I wasn't planning on taking major holidays off for a year since I'm new, but I can't plan my life around 3 days notice for Christmas and Easter. Second during a meeting she told people that all the ...

It's All True...
Jan 18, 2013

Everything that's been posted on here about the Softscript recruiter is absolutely true.  I accepted a job with them, then thought it over because of the lack of PTO, and wrote in to tell the person handling my paperwork that I had reconsidered due to the lack of PTO.  My email was forwarded back to the recruiter and she sent me a snarky email that said basically, you get 3.5 days the first year and 5 the second, and said, "please explain."  I told her that I had reconsidered ...

Is This Really True Then?
Apr 04, 2013

http://forum.mtstars.com/468952.html ...

Is It True
Sep 24, 2013

you don't have to be laid off or run out of work to file a TAA for school??   thanks! ...

I Wonder Why, If All Of The Posts Below Are True,
Nov 14, 2009

that MQ sent out that stupid letter stating not to worry, we will still need MTs, and that off-shoring will remain one of many solutions (including VR).  I really have no idea whether we will still be here after the first of the year or not (although that's what a lot of people on this board thought LAST year and it didn't happen....but WHY would they waste their precious money sending that letter to everyone if they planned on nixing us all soon?  Doesn't make sense.&nb ...

My Wish May Come True! Now I'm In A Pickle.
Mar 02, 2011

TWO job offers today. One is for my old hospital. I never thought it would happen again. I tried for 3 years to get my old hospital job back but never heard a peep. Thanks to still networking with my old cohorts, I got a call today. I might be a FT EMPLOYEE this time, not I.C. I had the choice of I.C., PT, or FT. I chose FT because of the insurance, but left it up to the HIM director "whatever she needed".   HaHa! Was so excited, I forgot to ask the pay rate. I hope I sounded cool as a cuc ...

Is AutoCorrect A True
Oct 25, 2012

The MTSO I will be starting with requires Word AutoCorrect as an abbreviation expander as we cannot download anything on their computer. I have never used AutoCorrect and do not know how to access it nor do I know what the keyboard shortcut keys to use. Is there any info anywhere on how to effectively utilize AutoCorrect as a word expander? I have Word 2010 ...

Are There Any True IC Positions?
Jul 22, 2013

I am looking for a true IC position where I can work when I am available due to being handicapped. I sometimes have some very bad days and can't get out of bed as a result of it and I keep losing jobs. I am also wondering if there are any companies that pay MTs what they're worth on VR. I feel like we do twice the work for less pay. It's a lot harder if you ask me, especially if you have an account full of doc's who suck at dictation and sound more like auctioneers than a do ...

OK ... What? Is What I Just Heard, True?
Mar 08, 2014

That if a company files bankruptcy, it could also protect them from paying unemployment benefits to employees?  If that's true, what's to stop them from letting most of us go without punity? You've GOT to be kidding ... this has GOT to be someone's idea of a sick joke ... ...

It It Really Verifiably True
May 20, 2014

the most difficult dictators, while the less difficult work is being offshored? Honestly, I'm not sure I'll make it through the night with my job intact. Nothing for my primary account, and just unfamiliar really difficult dictators for my secondary and third accounts, just one after another. ...

Unbelievable But True
Feb 02, 2015

So Mmodal decided to eliminate my position and I was without work for quite some time.  I took my 401K distribution to survive on.  Just figured out my taxes and low and behold I owe what my 401 K distribution was.  This country needs to get with it.  My family would not have survived without that 401K distribution to live on, yet the government feels that I am overpaid or something.  So sad.  I am so disgusted.  I put my heart in my job, lost it, and did what ...