A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If you don't like complaining posts on this board, don't read them. - Complain Away People!

Posted: Jan 23, 2012

An MT posting a complaint on this board is one of the reasons it is here!!!  If you don't like them, move on.  You do not have to read them, and you certainly do not have to respond.

While I do not agree with personal attacks on a board or anywhere else on individuals, complaining about pay, workload, or company practices should not be considered complaining, but very useful information, maybe not to all, but probably to some.

You work for a company who does not pay?  Name them and shame them.  Complain away!

I was upset when I had to do VR at 6 cpl until I saw posters complaining about being paid 4 cpl.  Thank you, I needed to know that.

Some MT complaints are very helpful.  It is a way to share and compare valuable information.  Yet I see posters coming on all the time with, "Stop complaining, leave the profession, etc."  Why does anyone have the right to tell someone else what they should and should not post?  I am happy in my job.  I vent occasionally, but do not complain too much because I have read these posts from other MTs who are complaining, and they inform me that most of the time the grass is not greener on the other side.

Please, just let people vent in peace.  You might learn something.  If not, no harm done.

Similar Messages:

Everyone On This Board Is Complaining, But It Seems
Oct 16, 2012

So, there must be something keeping you there. There are many other MTSO's you can apply to. I am not trying to start a flame or upset anyone. Only inquiring, because I am considering applying. I have taken their test and passed. I have had one interview, but I have delayed filling out the final application to get the second interview because of all I read on this board. Is there no one making a decent line count, I mean at least 32,000 dollars a year, are the benefits that bad. I wo ...

Just Read Posts! So Sorry For MTs Let Go.
Sep 02, 2010

How do you think the head person of WEB started out?  I believe it was from learning the business from MQ.  Before WEB, it was Spheris.  Before Spheris, it was MQ who was previously known as MRC Group and Transcription Limited who joined and became MQ.  Previous to MRC Group, it was Secrephone/Medifax where some of the managers started out and became CEO/COO/board of directors.  All these CEO, COO, financial officers, board of members all know each other and used to wor ...

I Just Read The Posts Below About Layoffs.
Apr 05, 2013

The layoffs seem to be posts from Evelyn, Liz, Donna, Sue, Lee, Ruth, Pegge, Ginger and so on.  Another post stated she talked to her TSM and it was all rumors.  I do not mean to offend anyone, but I am part time and have overtime work tonight and for this weekend.  Maybe due to people being laid off??   The thing is, I do not work my hours like I should because I am so SICK of this job after being here way too many years to care anymore.  I have another job ...

Keystrokes? I've Read The Posts. Are YOU Happy There?
Jul 03, 2012

I'm working for one company and do not like it.  I don't want to make a switch to another company that is just as bad.  Do you like KS?   Feel free to email me because I see the haters come on here when anything positive is said.  Thank you. ...

Anyone At Oracle? Read Posts From 2012...
Jul 21, 2012

Doesn't sound very good there either.  OMG are there any companies out there who respect their employees and pay a decent salary with no VR ?????????????? ...

Going Solo-concerned About Some Previous Posts Ive Read
Jan 05, 2010

I am working on starting up my own MT business (as you have maybe seen by some of the other posts I have sent) and I have been reading some of the latest posts and have seen discussions about this being a dying business and I have seen many people are getting out of this field and venturing elsewhere.  Up until the  holidays, I was making a great living and I guess with the holidays underway, I am still waiting on work.  I thought that this would have picked up by now but I have n ...

Job Hunting.....which Is Better - Nuance Or M'Modal? Have Read All Posts.
Jun 27, 2012

Now taking a poll.   :) ...

IP Addresses From Posts On This Board
Jan 07, 2012

Further down this page, there is a post about TT employees being tracked by their IP addresses and then having lawsuits filed against them.  Is anybody here computer-savvy enough to explain to me how I can track the IP address of another poster here or the IP address of somebody who sends me an email? I thought this board was anonymous in a sense, although individuals can voluntarily give up their semi-anonymity if they use a regular posting name or respond to emails from the same email ad ...

New MTs Board -- ALL READ
Oct 25, 2009

This particular board, the New MTs board, is devoted to assisting the newcomers to this profession.  It is here as a help, an assistance, a way to advise and mentor newbies.  It is NOT a place to slam, discourage, handslap or pick fights between newbies and experienced MTs.  We are not going to have an ongoing war or scuffles between the experienced MTs and the newbies or vice versa in regard to who should or should not be in this industry, who does a better job, who knows more, ...

Everyone On This Board Needs To Read This
Mar 11, 2014

found the below link on google. seems MM-India (known as Cbay-India) employees are not very happy. same paycuts, cheating out of lines, no respect, management is the same as here; ect. make sure you read full reviews. on some they have a "read more." you will need to click on that to get full review. http//www.mouthshut.com/product-reviews/cbay-systems-india-pvt-ltd-reviews-925593882 ...

No Many Posts On The Voice-wreck Board....
Jul 06, 2014

so posting this here. I just can't seem to get any speed on VR and the drafts coming through are really not that bad. I can easily straight type 150-175 LPH, but I struggle with VR so much.  I just got hired at this company and we are only required to get 200 LPH, which is reasonable. Why is it such a struggle for me? I have tried and tried to figure it out. My eye cannot seem to follow with voice and I end up going over and over words. Have tried magnifying the screen to about 14 ...

I Know Some Posts Would Be Repetitive To Board Regulars, But
Sep 17, 2014

...every week for the sake of first-time visitors and folks who really do not know how to utilize (or even understand that there is one) the search option to check pevious weeks and months of posts? It seems to me that could be beneficial to so many unsuspecting WONDERFUL people! ...

All Main Board Posts Deleted??
May 13, 2015

Why have all the messages on the Main Board been "deleted by author"?? ...

Go To VR Board For A A Good ASR Read....
Dec 22, 2009

xx ...

For The MTSOs Who Read This Board
Feb 18, 2012

I am curious about something.  I see the ads you all post here and then I see all the posts on the Job Wanted board.  Why wouldn't you offer your positions to those MTs who take the time and initiative to post on the Job Wanted board?  I just don't understand why you would want the daunting task of filtering through hundreds of replies which you surely get when you advertise when you have a page full of eager MTs?   ...

Wow, Just Read This On The MModal Board
Sep 15, 2012

From the post "The plans of MModal in India" "Speaking on the company’s India plans, Dinesh Kumar, Managing Director, India for M*Modal said, “During the company’s growth this past decade, India has remained central to delivering high value clinical documentation services to our U.S.-based customers. As M*Modal's business continues its pivot to embracing technology advances as a natural evolution of its service offerings, we anticipate significant in ...

READ M*MODAL BOARD.
Apr 04, 2014

Another is inviting us to email her/him as well with specific information.  They advise to first set up an anonymous email account.  They are contacting lawyers and Erin B.  There are 2 separate threads on the M*Modal tab.  They want help from every MT out there. ...

Check Out Posts On Main Board And MModal
Nov 14, 2014

entitled "A little help from a friend" singing the praises of Nuance and how "you will love it here" and "don't believe what you read, we're all trolls."  Trying hard to get that referral bonus! ...

WARNING: All Posters On New MTs Board Read!
Feb 23, 2011

When individuals are interested in becoming an MT, asking about where to get their training, etc., answer their question(s).  SEE THE NOTE AT THE TOP OF THIS BOARD. Do not try to discourage them from the profession.  They have as much right to pursue it as anyone else. The purpose of the New MTs board is to help and support and assist those who are wanting to go into the MT field, those who are currently studying or just completed studies.  These individuals can read and determ ...

Please Go To Main Board. Read Post RE EMR. NM.
Aug 11, 2014

XX ...

Have Any Of You Nice People Read Anything On This Board?
Aug 29, 2014

These things you are asking about? This is Nuance. Adapt or die trying, those are your choices. Sorry, wish I could be more encouraging.   ...

Anyone Know How To Read The Replies That Slide Off The Right Edge Of The Board
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know how to read the replies that slide off the right edge of the board?  I can see that there are more posts below, but I cannot grab it to open it. Am I the only one who has this problem?  Is it my computer?   What I mean is when there are replies to replies to replies to replies to replies, eventually the staggered replies move off the right side of my screen and I cannot click on them.   Thought maybe someone else has this problem and found a way to get around i ...

ALL POSTERS ON NEW MTs BOARD READ
Dec 01, 2009

This specific board is for support of new MTs. Experienced MTs - If you want to slam, be ugly, hateful, etc., to new MTs, go somewhere else.  New MTs - same goes for you. In other words, stop the experienced-vs-new MT wars.  Moderator ...

To The Leads Complaining About MTs
Oct 29, 2009

Did you post here to stir up trouble?  Are you bored?  You certainly knew this criticism would stir up nasty posts.  Seems to me you are displaying the very attitude that MTs complain about with QA.  Quite a power trip you are on there.  This also caused very low morale and worth ethics.  MTs would rather send an error to the client than a blank to QA.  How sad.  Yes, there are slacker MTs.  We all know that, just as there are people in QA positions w ...

Alot Of Complaining
Nov 05, 2010

GOSH! there is a lot of complaining about WEBMEDX! ...

Im Sick Of You All Complaining
Jan 06, 2013

I tried to rally people about 5 or 6 years ago to stop this stupid outsourcing..I needed several of you from each state to organize groups so we could make our voices heard (not union) just groups that could contact legislators. I got about 10 people that were with me, the rest of you sat back and complained yet did NOTHING.. So this is what you get when you dont get involved, sit back and let others do your dirty work, you get screwed. Your jobs are in India, my job is in India. Im ready to ...

Constant Complaining...?
Jan 07, 2013

I just have to ask, in all sincerity, why does everone on here just bash all of these services to death?   I have rarely found a good word from people about the places that they've worked for.   You mean no one has had an enjoyable moment at any of these companies??  It just seems very odd to me that this is the way this board is run.... Is this really the case....that ALL of these services are garbage?  Come on....There has to be some service that is a decent ...

Told Dr Complaining
Sep 12, 2013

We were told recently a doctor was complaining about the quality of our reports.  I thought that strange as he has no accent and speaks very clearly.  I just did a report of his and his complaints are....do not use 1, 2, 3, etc., spell out one, two, three, etc.., do not leave off THE patient and just type patient at the beginning  of a sentence..do not leave off LABORATORY IS AS FOLLOWS and just type LABORATORY, type what I said.  I said..right on, doc, my sentiments exactly. ...

For You TransTechers Complaining Below, Did You Get The Email
Jan 07, 2010

that came out today explaining the insurance coverage and the costs?  BCBS apparently uses PHCS for the employees who dont live in Michigan.  I have actually heard of PHCS and its a huge network.  My insurance cost didn't go up with this change, so I am not sure why anyone else's would have unless you selected a higher level of coverage than you had before. Kudos to TT for sending this emai out and explaining and shame on those of you who are only here to bash without ...

Got An Email That Customers Are Complaining
Aug 30, 2010

about quality of reports, and these reports are are being traced back to ASR reports and it has been reiterated that we must listen to the whole report. Hmmm..... Wonder if the reports are from ILP or US as, based on the sudden drop in work a while back, it looks as though our group's work has been swallowed by the at least 80% to India CB rule. ...