A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Continuing education tax credit for Andrews? - Mich

Posted: Dec 28, 2010

Anyone know if you can get the tax credit?  I asked the school and they were not sure.  They don't participate in federal financial assistance programs.  Anyone know?  Thanks.

Check with the person who does your taxes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would just ask the person who does my taxes since it's a tax question. We can give you advice, but it may be wrong, even if we claim to be tax experts. You could also call IRS. I think they have a phone line just for questions like yours.

Thanks but, - Mich

[ In Reply To ..]
We do our own with the tax software, but thanks.

Even if you do your own taxes you can still call IRS with your question - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Nope, if they don't take federal money - they are not deductible. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I graduated this year after starting the previous one. The tuition is not deductible.

Similar Messages:

Continuing Education Webinar
Oct 08, 2012

I am just wondering if anybody finds the continuing education webinars helpful.  This month is on productivity...wondering if anybody thought it was helpful/worth the time. ...

Continuing Education/Certifying
Mar 18, 2013

I have been working as a Medical Assistant for about 12 yrs.  I want to make myself more marketable, expand my education, and get certified in this area.  I'm considering using Career Steps because they are the only one I found that offers an Editing program along with the MT certification.  I feel that will open my realm of qualifications.  Their tuition is between $2600 and $2700 and can be completed in about four months. Is that a reasonable tuition/timeframe? Any i ...

Continuing Education Training?
Apr 02, 2015

for what?  To add to our knowledge base that is so valued that we are paid minimum wage?  to keep our skills honed so we are the best that we can be until you don't need us anymore?  how about some training that might be useful to us?  For instance, training for non-MT careers?     ...

OMNISCRIBE Continuing Ed
Apr 06, 2011

Wondering if anyone has had experience with, or heard about, the continuing education program that Omniscribe has available. It's a big commitment (6 mos & $1095-) but could be the solution to getting more varied experience. I've worked in orthopaedics for over twenty years and need to expand my knowledge in other fields in order to be successful in other positions. Anyone know of this course, or another, that would be a good idea for updating/expanding my repertoire? Tha ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Credit Inquiry
Jul 29, 2012

Anyone else had a credit inquiry alert from Nuance?  This happened lately too.  This is sort of disturbing, and I don't remember applying for any other jobs there too.  I've been working there for a while too.  Don't they have to have my permission to do this? ...

Credit Check?
Oct 17, 2012

Now that I have my certification, I am starting my job search. I applied to a medical center in a large city nearby that requires a credit check.  What does my credit history have to do with a job?  ...

MModal QA Credit
Oct 29, 2013

Let me get this straight, if I send a job to QA for demos or if I am in training and have 100% QA, then when they correct or proof it, when they send it, they get the line count credit!  Is that what I am reading into this?  REALLY?  Please tell me this isn't true.  ...

When Did We Stop Getting Credit For Standards? - Sm
Jan 06, 2010

Last night I did two fairly long duplex studies where the doctor says "use my standard" with a lot of "move this, take that out, insert this..."  Not difficult, but time consuming.  When I went in to look at my line count after my shift, I got a total of 20 lines for the two reports, or 16.48 cents!  What gives with this?  Did I miss the memo, or did they just not tell us?  Next week they'll be asking us to pay them when we actually get work. :o( ...

Just Got Turned Down For A MT Job Because Of My Credit Report?
Jul 14, 2010

cant win for losing these days in this field.   Cant WAIT for school to start this fall, so I can start my new career.  This field is pure insanity anymore., a real blow to the ego.  Its like all these years of experience we have mean NOTHING anymore. ...

Didn't Get Credit For My Last Report Of The Day.
Oct 07, 2010

After my worst day in a long time or maybe ever, I noticed DQScribe was weird when I tried to log out.  Sure enough I checked later and didn't get credit for my last job.  Don't know if it went back into the pool or on through to the customer for free.  I hate this stupid company. ...

Can And Should Lousy Credit Prevent Someone From Getting An MT Job?
Jan 27, 2011

If someone has lousy credit, why would this matter for an MT position?  Maybe there are extenuating circumstances why their credit isn't good, like loss of previous job, death in the family or other emergencies.  ...

Anybody Else Out There Using Credit Cards To Live On???
May 17, 2014

Had an excellent job until hospital outsourced 5 years ago, downhill from there.  Paycheck for the last 2 weeks was $88.  I bet over in India they made more than me even with 35 years exp.   I have tried so hard to get credit cards paid down or off, but then we have to use them for buying gas to heat house, buy groceries, buy gas, etc.  I would have nver thought I would be in such a mess like so many of us at my age.   Major back disability and surgery, have not been to ...

Credit For Difficult Dictators
Dec 03, 2014

I took the Enrich module, but didn't see anything about difficult dictators.  Did I miss something?  Sometimes I send a report to QA for blanks and they don't get them either.  Is that still held against us?  ...

Career Step Educational Tax Credit??
Apr 17, 2012

Hello. My wife just finised the Career Step course in March. She is already employed and doing great. My question is in regards to any 2011 tax credits/breaks we can claim as she studied full time at this program. Can we claim that she was a full time student for at least 5 months? Any thoughts?   Have a great day...   Jeff ...

Credit Report And Coding Jobs
Jul 05, 2013

I have to file bankruptcy in the next month or so. There's no way around that. I am also going to be starting a coding program. A lot of coding employers do a credit check.  I guess I'll finish coding school in a year or so, so by that time, after building back up my credit, will the bankruptcy not matter so much to future employers? ...

Didn't Know MQ Requires Credit/background Check
Nov 18, 2009

nm ...

What Companies Check Credit Prior To Job Offer
Aug 10, 2010

I gave before thinking about.  Now I am wondering should I have done such a thing.  If have had some financial issues due to the economy and my credit is horrible.  House almost went into foreclosure and such.  Consistently ran out of work until I took a full time in-house position. ...

Missing Credit For Straight Transcription Typing
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone seem to be missing credit for straight transcription typing.  I keep meaning to keep track of the straight transcription reports I type compared to ASR even though they are very few and far between, but I swear, every time I do get them, when I review my counts, it seems like some of them are missing.  I am going to try to keep better track of them.  Surely Medquist wouldn't stoop THAT low to cheat us . . . or would they?? ...

TO SHDAs. U Dont Get Line Ct Credit For All Lines Edited. U Only
Oct 07, 2014

x ...

Education
Apr 13, 2011

Please help! I just completed an online MT course a month ago. While I was in the program, they added a couple classes, and in the process removed some of the course content from the class I was in. I now have to take the additional 2 classes (at an added expense) in order to "complete" their program. Their program was full of errors, and I was constantly contacting the school to correct THEIR answers! Needless to say, the level of education I received is not sufficient to gain employment, even ...

Bad Education
Mar 03, 2014

I went to school to be a medical coder. After I started the program I found out it was basically self taught. I completed it with a 3.8 gap. They didn't poo offer certification testing. It's been 3 years and I  still unemployed and not certified. What do I do? ...

Education Confusion!
May 09, 2010

So I am looking into making the switch from MT to coder.  The AHIMA program says it takes 15 months to complete and then you can sit for the CCA exam.  The AAPC program says you must complete it in 4 months and you can sit for CPC or CPC-H.  Wouldn't the latter be better?  I've been reading that CCA is pretty much worthless.  So, why would CCA take 15 months and CPC take 4 months?  Also, every job I've seen for a coder requires experience.  How c ...

Getting A Podiatry Education
Aug 21, 2010

I need help again (please)   "no evidence of any ulcer (sounds like quemous) to the foot". Patient is a diabetic but no signs of of ischemia.  Any ideas?    For some reaon I am learning a lot this week. ...

Just Getting Started... Education??
Jun 17, 2011

Hello All! I have recently decided to begin a career in MT, and am trying to weigh my education options. I have a bachelor's degree in Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences, so I'm great with interpreting speech/language and am also pretty good at deciphering English as a second language. I've also worked for a hospital scheduling outpatient testing for the past three years, so I have a bit of a background in medical terminology (still so much to learn!) and the inner workings ...

Education On $1,000.00 Budget.
Jul 15, 2011

I may be able to raise one thousand dollars in a few months time. Are there any worthwhile schools online that I can enroll in for MT? Which are the best within the budget limit? Which do you suggest? ...

Education Assistance
May 30, 2013

I am looking to go back to school to train in accounting. I thought I had seen in the past people talking about some education assistance we would be eligible for since work was going overseas (or something along those lines). Does anybody know where to get more information on this? Thanks! ...

Education Question
Oct 26, 2013

I thought that I read on here a little while ago where someone said that if you have a bachelor's degree you can take a certificate course or something to sit for the RHIA?  I have a bachelor's degree in business and I'm interested in this, if it is something that really exists.  Anyone know what I'm talking about? ...

This Little Education And Experience
Nov 16, 2014

I realize people use creative license on their linkedin pages, not everyone, but a lot of people, and it can be deceptive and/or outight lies.  But this?  Really?   http://www.linkedin.com/pub/h-lea-cope/47/935/290?trk=pub-pbmap ...