A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OMNISCRIBE Continuing Ed - lj

Posted: Apr 06, 2011

Wondering if anyone has had experience with, or heard about, the continuing education program that Omniscribe has available. It's a big commitment (6 mos & $1095-) but could be the solution to getting more varied experience. I've worked in orthopaedics for over twenty years and need to expand my knowledge in other fields in order to be successful in other positions. Anyone know of this course, or another, that would be a good idea for updating/expanding my repertoire? Thanks!

lj - continuing ed - Nick

[ In Reply To ..]
Just a thought, but have you spoken with Andrews and/or M-TEC? It seems that I heard that one (perhaps both?) of them had smaller courses for people who already have medical background. Does Omniscribe use SUM? I would not pay money for any course if it were not based on the SUM model. Maybe there is an M-TEC or an Andrews grad lurking who can fill us in. Good luck.

Thanks Nick - lj

[ In Reply To ..]
Checked both of those schools and they seem to have only full courses, where this was a "lighter" version for experienced MTs, but I will be calling them both to get more details since you happened to mention them as well. Can't hurt to find out more than what they have posted online. Thanks for the input!

Similar Messages:

Paychecks From Omniscribe
Mar 18, 2013

Have worked for this company and have not received a paycheck.  Anyone have this problem with Omniscribe? ...

Omniscribe Transcription Services, Inc.
May 02, 2013

Hello Everyone, It was very graciously brought to my attention that my company, Omniscribe, is being confused with another "Omniscribes" located in Texas. I thought it would be helpful to let anyone interested know that my name is Kresta Glaser. I am located in Pocatello, Idaho and I have been in business for 10 years in February. I am very aware of this other company along with another called EMR Omniscribe, LLC. Not sure if Tonya did her research when she named her company, but apparently "O ...

Continuing Education Webinar
Oct 08, 2012

I am just wondering if anybody finds the continuing education webinars helpful.  This month is on productivity...wondering if anybody thought it was helpful/worth the time. ...

Continuing Education/Certifying
Mar 18, 2013

I have been working as a Medical Assistant for about 12 yrs.  I want to make myself more marketable, expand my education, and get certified in this area.  I'm considering using Career Steps because they are the only one I found that offers an Editing program along with the MT certification.  I feel that will open my realm of qualifications.  Their tuition is between $2600 and $2700 and can be completed in about four months. Is that a reasonable tuition/timeframe? Any i ...

Teammates! Be Paranoid! They Are Continuing
Apr 17, 2013

If you dont drive quality, you are out the door ...

Continuing Education Training?
Apr 02, 2015

for what?  To add to our knowledge base that is so valued that we are paid minimum wage?  to keep our skills honed so we are the best that we can be until you don't need us anymore?  how about some training that might be useful to us?  For instance, training for non-MT careers?     ...

Continuing Education Tax Credit For Andrews?
Dec 28, 2010

Anyone know if you can get the tax credit?  I asked the school and they were not sure.  They don't participate in federal financial assistance programs.  Anyone know?  Thanks. ...

Chantix Starting & Continuing Pack? R They Capitalized
Oct 23, 2009

Is the starting pack and continuing pack captalized? ...

Continuing To Heal From A Chronic, Slowly Healing Wound In The Right "peery Ancurrent" Che
Jul 01, 2010

He has been continuing to heal from a chronic, slowly healing wound in the right "peery ancurrent" chest, which was thought to be tracheocutaneous fistula.  He has been having close follow-up at the VA ENT Clinic.  He continues to have a tracheostomy in place and has failed multiple capping trials. ...