Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

My experience is the same - VR

Posted: Oct 27th, 2021 - 3:02 pm In Reply to: I will help you if I can. I have thousands of short cuts - loaded in my system.

My VR job is the same way. I'm consistently able to make anywhere between $120 and $150 per day, and I can make that much within 6-8 hours. My platform is very user friendly and the VR is outstanding. I do acute care work on several hospital accounts as well as some psychiatry. All of my accounts have been on VR for several years now, so the speech engine has had plenty of time to "learn" the dictators and it produces very accurate documents that require very little editing. It's mostly just minor punctuation and formatting corrections that are needed, but as far as the content and wording of the reports goes, it's extremely accurate. This means that I can fly through charts very quickly and am very productive. At 5 cpl, I usually make anywhere between $25 and $30 per hour. I work Monday through Friday, but I frequently volunteer to help out extra on weekends, which actually pays an even higher line rate.

My very first experience with VR was in 2007. Way back then, it was a horrific mess. The documents that were produced were pure garbage that always needed to be retyped from scratch. It was so bad that the account I was working on at the time decided to shelve VR indefinitely since it was so counterproductive. Ever since then, I have always avoided VR like the plague, but now that I'm in my current job, I would never want to do straight transcription ever again. VR editing is also FAR less taxing on my body since I'm not constantly pounding the keys, which is a HUGE bonus. VR has come quite a long way since my very first encounter with it 14 years ago. I also had some subsequent encounters with it over the years that were also terrible, but I have finally landed a job where the VR works like a dream and I'm actually able to earn a great living.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)