Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I could use help or a new job. - tsolim

Posted: Oct 27th, 2021 - 2:08 am In Reply to: I will help you if I can. I have thousands of short cuts - loaded in my system.

If I could get into something that all my stress and worries would be gone. I have found that for 10 minutes of dictation, it's roughly 60 lines. I can speed up to 200%, but a lot of the providers are ESL and ESL residents, fellows, etc. who say a lot of umms and ahhs and dead air for sometimes 5-30 seconds. There are a few that are worth it when 10 minutes of dictation means 100-130 lines and they can be sped up to at least 175%, but there is a pool, and I'm sure you know how that goes and I just can't afford to wait or have the time to wait for someone else to take the bad one on top. So I get stuck with the $4-12/hour range, which is less than min wage where I live. I have a few shortcuts, but they don't seem to make much of a difference. So now for the most part when I see a job opening and it says editor, I don't even bother. I just don't know which systems are better, as I have only used the one that I am using now (Inscribe).

And I'm still curious on who wrote these systems that is doing this to transcriptionists (everywhere)?? I have heard written for transcriptionists by transcriptionists, but I find that very hard to believe. And when are doctors offices and hospitals going to catch on that it isn't the greatest software?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)