Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Agreed - SM

Posted: May 28th, 2021 - 2:42 pm In Reply to: Does anyone hire MTs under employee status anymore? - anon

I, too, was offered a position with Stat Transcription, but since I found out that it's subcontracting with Patient First (whom I tested and interviewed with a year ago and I was extremely put off by the whole experience), I decided not to pursue the offer. I do not feel the least bit comfortable with blatantly omitting things that the provider clearly dictates and obviously wants included in the report. Nobody has any right to intentionally omit information that is dictated as part of an official medical and potentially legal record. I was told by the recruiter at Stat that they probably do this to save money, which is probably true, but I want no part in it. I do not want my name or initials on any report that has intentional omissions. Not being allowed to type the patient's gender is one of the most asinine rules I have ever heard in my entire career and I cannot begin to make even the tiniest bit of sense out of it. There is simply no logic to any of this. I have to wonder if the providers at Patient First are aware of their unscrupulous transcription practices and the fact that their documents are being altered to omit a great deal of the information that is dictated as part of the report.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)