Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Does anyone hire MTs under employee status anymore? - anon

Posted: May 28th, 2021 - 3:44 am In Reply to: Why should the MT have to carry insurance when they are an - employee and it would be the company SM

I don't know if accepting a job as an independent contractor with one of these companies that alter medical records would leave you more vulnerable to liability issues or not.

But I do think it would be a dangerous practice to be involved with, working for a company that does this. In my opinion, the final document wouldn't be an accurate and true representation of what the medical provider dictated about the patient if words are changed or left out.

For example, if the provider dictates the patient's gender, maybe they have good reason for doing that. Maybe the patient's name alone isn't enough to easily determine gender, so they want it documented. Medical errors happen all the time for seemingly small details omitted from patients' records.

If it ever came down to liability for a transcription error that led to an incident with a patient, even if it is the company's policy to omit and change certain words dictated, I bet that company would throw the MT under the bus by arguing that it's ultimately the MT's responsibility to ensure accuracy of the final transcribed report according to what is dictated to ensure patient safety, if anything by at least flagging a report for further review.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)