Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Low rates and other manner of insults! - Lola

Posted: Sep 14th, 2019 - 11:18 pm In Reply to: The rates are low due to a combination of - SM

Many overseas MTsx moved on and left the learning-intensive and low paying transcription arena because they could make more money doing other things. I am amused and angered both by the notion that the older MT had anything to do with this when in fact younger women in particular who learned the craft because they though it would be lovely to work at home, home school their kids, breast feed their babies while they worked and bake and cook in their off time!! They settled for less money to stay at home and took the rest of us down the drain after merely circling it for the first couple of years. Now in the day of when everybody has to get a trophy for showing up they work whenever, produce some really lousy work and think that in years past we all worked that way. No!! We worked hard, made it right for the clients, showed up and produced and got well paid to do so. Now technology has also made more of a mess. Nooby wants to work with VDI, well get over it or you may not end up finding employment. As a contractor you are on your own to make sure you take charge of yourself and act in a professional way or you get gone in a minute and nobody thinks twice. I do so love what I do and I do it correctly and unfortumately see the errors that people send to the clients. I have never felt that QA should be punitive either and yet how many time do you feel it is reasonable to make the same mistakes? There are people attached to the records you transcribe. Many in the community work very hard and are not compensated what they are worth. Just as many and probably do not. There is a need but the need is more about people who still understand this is ancillary medical care if you analyze it and it just gets a bit ridiculous to see the ageism in full bloom on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)