Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 51)

It's not only the retirees - anonee

Posted: Sep 12th, 2019 - 9:57 am In Reply to: All these retirees is why the rates are so low - sm

You are soo full of crap when you think it is retirees that are driving the rates down. I am on Social Security but it is not enough to comfortably live on, and I am like a LOT of other retirees who have to supplement their incomes. It's NOT just in MT.

I would say the MAIN reason that rates are so low if you want to pinpoint a certain group of people are the ones who get into this profession after being warned not to because they have young kids and think they can work and raise babies at the same time. I've been at this 40 years and there was a time when more experienced MTs were recognized for that and paid more -- not the case any more.

When work at home REALLY started taking off, I saw women who really considered this more of a "hobby career" and worked when they felt like it. Unfortunately in some ways, that is still the case.

There are now other "work at home" alternatives as well.

How DARE you blame the decrease in pay on RETIREES!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)