Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's not retirees, it's outsourcing and technology.. - sm

Posted: Sep 12th, 2019 - 10:20 am In Reply to: All these retirees is why the rates are so low - sm

What a stupid thing to say, and I mean stupid, not ignorant.  I've been in this career for 47 years and wages didn't start going down until the advent of outsourcing to people in other countries doing the work for less than half what we were/are paid, and then the advent of voice recognition that was supposed to make our jobs easier and more productive, therefore, wages were cut in half; evidently (theoretically) making our jobs easier entitled us to less pay.  When I left my previous employer in 2012, I was making 7 cpl on VR and 11.5 cpl straight with almost no straight left.  Now I get 3.5 cpl VR and 7 straight, and I'm an employee, albeit part-time, so I have no more benefits than an IC.  The company I work for hires employees now at 4 cpl and how do you think that makes us who have been there longer at less pay feel? You think they care?  It is what it is.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)