Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

That is not why the line rates are low. - It is greedy MTSOs (sm)

Posted: Sep 12th, 2019 - 2:43 pm In Reply to: Really? How many times do you read .... - sm

If you notice, the Nuance clones are only paying 4 cpl at the most and that's because they have no "wiggle" room since they signed contracts with so Nuance is still making money too.

This industry is saturated with business owners who hire ICs and treat them like employees. That is why the rates are low, not because of retirees or stay-at-home moms..... Funny about a stay-at-home mom is these days even pet owners consider themselves parents so they stay home with their dog and people who work outside their homes, take their dogs to day cares.

The most infuriating thing about this industry is business owners with loads of money coming in, hire employees, and then tell them to switch their shifts or check back later. Employees aren't even treated fairly. If you worked at a hospital and the work runs out, they don't send you home. They pay hourly, as should these online MTSOs.....

Oh, and one last thing, how about the layers of team leads and QA these companies hire? Who pays for that? We do, with this low cpl rate for doing the actual darned work. All they do is look at numbers and cut up a report.

Back in my day, we had no team leads looking at numbers and that was their only job to say "good job team or need more help in this account team," we got the job done. Also, no QA. We left blanks for the doctor or physically walked to the doctor and asked what he was saying. No need for layers and layers of people sitting behind a screen with a title.

There's a lot of unnecessary overhead in this business. I'm a grown adult. I don't need a picture of a puppy or kitten to tell me I'm doing my work all day. Sheesh.....

These low wages are not the MTs fault. We have no leverage at all and we are all treated like the cpl rate we work for.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)