Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

You can't embezzle from your own company. sm - Wow

Posted: Jul 12th, 2019 - 12:59 pm In Reply to: our 2019 401k isn't being paid on? - anon

As I go through these posts, I am shaking my head with both the nastiness and the incorrect info.

You cannot embezzle from your own company. It's not right, but it's not illegal. 401k has until the following year, as you posted, to be paid in. I do know that every company has to do a 401-k audit every year in January on the previous year with an outside company. That means that previous years are ok. I was a bookkeeper in a previous life and hated it, but at least I do know some things.

Before everyone panics and thinks their 401k is gone, the facts are that the company cannot go in and take out anyone's retirement money. It's kept very secure by a 401k company.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)