Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Here come the Andrews crew lol .. (Views: 46)

Here’s my opinion: it is possible but... - SM

Posted: Sep 24th, 2018 - 11:19 am In Reply to: 1200 to 1600 a month is not enough for me to - live off

To gross $500 every week. Here’s the issue I find though. If you edit/type an average of a little above 300 lines an hour at 4 cents a line, you’d need to work a solid 40 hour week, week in and week out, to GROSS the $500 whether your status is IC or employee. Without even going into the pros and cons of IC versus employee, my issue is I CANNOT find anywhere where I consistently can get enough work to get 40 hours in. I was recently typing for 2 different companies and the two COMBINED I was not able to consistently hit 40 hours a week, not even close. And this is by basically being a hermit at home and constantly looking for work alllll hours of the day and evening. Between the low line rates and sporadic unpredictable work loads, that’s what gets in my way of having a consistent reliable income. I would love to think I’m in the minority here and that there’s something wrong I’m doing, but it’s just the reality of our field sadly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)