Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 78)

Don't generalize. I still make a decent living, and many others do, too. sm - Geez

Posted: Sep 22nd, 2018 - 9:44 am In Reply to: No making $1200.00 at all. No benefits, no taxes. We are at poverty level. - anon

There are a lot of negative people here, and a lot of people who have really gotten a raw deal, but it's not everyone. There are still a lot of MT's who are in-house and making a decent hourly rate. There are still a lot of us who work for a service, are employees, and make a decent money.

It's not the booming field it used to be, but there are still some good jobs out there. I get taxes taken out, benefits, OT, double time on holidays and a decent line rate. Not great but $0.085 is OK. No cost of living raise, but until the last year, there was no cost of living increase.

I would never work for $7 an hour, and certainly not as an IC. There are better jobs out there, you just have to look.

and no, I won't say where I work because the hate posts will start. They're not perfect, but I enjoy my job and can pay my bills comfortably.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)